News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Say what's on your mind.

Started by Miss Xantier, December 1, 2008, 08:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

Ginny, Sky.

I count both of you as adults, and I can see no problems with you guys taking meds.

Sky, if you've got ADHD, then you're medicine is specialized to help you focus, and not to change your personality.

And Ginny, I don't really think that you're going to go through any problems. You are one of the most mature people I know.

I don't see a problem for you two! If you're depressed, try some meds! Try to go a day off the meds, to see the difference?

Both of you are mature people! : D :) I'm depressed much, but I don't feel like taking meds... Because it's a rollercoaster.

Post Potter depression.

Miss Xantier

Albus is right. My mum had to take some pills because she was depressed. I might have to soon, though we're not sure. Besides, Ginny your pills should just make you more happy!

Ginny Weasly

Everyone gets sad sometimes. Everyone gets depressed sometimes. It's normal.
I'm sad most of the time. I'm ot just sad, I feel hopeless and worthless and simply like nothing will ever be ok. I can't cry, because I can't let anyone know WHY I feel this way. That only makes it worse.
It's hard to convey the depth of how I feel. I don't have the words to explain how I feel the majority of the time. All I can say is I don't blame Matt or my doctor for being concerned. I don't blame them for wanting me to be evaluated.
I don't want medication. I don't want to be numb to everything. I just want the bad stuff to go away and I know it won't but I want it to.
Why am I talking to a bunch of kids about something they can't fully understand until they have experianced it themselves?
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

You don't think I've been depressed before?

It's hard for me at school. Like, I have people to talk to, but when we have a pause, or something, I'm always left alone.

I can't see anything in the future, I'm just getting more tired by the day. More sad, and the highlights are fading.

I think my "Bestfriend" hates me sometimes, and I get treated like crap by a girl at school, or, one second she's nice, but the next, she's the friggin devil.

Post Potter depression.

Sky

QuoteWhy am I talking to a bunch of kids about something they can't fully understand until they have experianced it themselves?

*Sigh*
But you haven't experienced it. Your mother has. But you're right. I'm just a kid. But I'll make you a deal, not that it's really that great of one....

I'll try my medication if you try yours. And I'm telling you, a counselor really does help. It's not what you think. They don't sit there and ask "Well how do you feel about that?" Over and over again. They try to help. I've had one since my parents divorced years ago because I kept having problems. But without a counselor I would be nothing.

I can't tell you what to do, but this is my advice. I really hope things get better for you. And for you too Albus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to do this band show tomorrow. I need to make up an 8 count solo by tomorrow on snare. Its not hard, but it's got to be in time and kinda go with everyone else's solo.
I'm tired.
I have to go because school is ending in four minutes.

Alexis

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on October  2, 2009, 10:29:18 AM
Quote from: Sky on October  2, 2009, 04:09:22 AM
If I do decide to get the medication, will I change? Will my personality be any different? I don't want to be this hyper, nervous, panicky person anymore. I want to be normal if therd is such a thing.

If it helps, I'm afraid of the same thing. My boyfriend wants me to get evaluated for depression, but I am terrified of being diagnosed with it. If I am, I know the doctor will want to put me on medication. If he does, will I change? Will I become numb as my mother often was? If I forget a dose, will I fly off the handle as she so often did? Will I be different?
I hate being sad all the time. But I don't want to be 'crazy'.
I was diagnosed with depression about two years ago.  My parents made me get some medicine for it, and it didn't really help that much.  Sure, I felt a little better, but I had a lot of side affects.  For example, I had no appetite, horrible mood swings, ect.  
I don't take it anymore, but I honestly have to say it didn't help much.
I don't think it would hurt if you at least talked to someone to see if you should be diagnosed with it, and maybe even try the medicine.  It could have different effects on different people.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

Miss Xantier

I was depressed! My Best Friend's Niece died! I almost committed Sucide! I blame it on my school, and I was going back into that depressed state when I found out that my dear dog died when I had thought he had ran away, and my cat was given away to a farm instead of running away. I don't know what has happened to my kitty. :'( Talking to someone does help! I know it does!

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: Sky on October  3, 2009, 02:44:04 AM
QuoteWhy am I talking to a bunch of kids about something they can't fully understand until they have experianced it themselves?

*Sigh*
But you haven't experienced it. Your mother has. But you're right. I'm just a kid. But I'll make you a deal, not that it's really that great of one....

I'll try my medication if you try yours. And I'm telling you, a counselor really does help. It's not what you think. They don't sit there and ask "Well how do you feel about that?" Over and over again. They try to help. I've had one since my parents divorced years ago because I kept having problems. But without a counselor I would be nothing.

The counselor/doctor told me he's pretty sure I have it but since I don't want to be evaluated he'll just double my sessions with him. I'm dead set against medication. I know I'm being irrational, but I don't want to be numb.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Ginnyweasley13

I like sky blue hot pink and Neon/Lime Green

I miss camp because of my three best friends i made there (im a girl and they were all guys..not weird at all...at least not for me)

Im mad at my best friend because she's so overly obsessed over him.

Why cant i stop thinking about ------

Why doesnt he get on to talk anymore? (not on here, on AIM)

Why do i have a total idiot on my soccer team who pretty much tells me i suck at least 10 times every practice.

Why cant i sleep at night?? oh yeah..BECAUSE I MISS HIM.

Monkey, Tiger, Lion, and Talking Ravens (idk where that came from)

STUFF

I want to talk to themmm...

I want to kill him because its his fault my best friend is so obsessed,different, and tells me she picks him over me.
"Yes i have serious problems, deal with it. FLYING PURPLE FROGGY!"

"Suck it up and take it like a skier"

"Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand."

"A woman can hide her love for 40 years, but her disgust and anger not for
one day."

potter_fan122

I haven`t been to the doctor for it or anything, but I`m pretty sure that I have a depression problem. There are a lot of times when I feel absolutely alone or empty or just... not as impertant as everyone else. And I try to hide it a lot, too, but it`s just a mask. There`s not that many moments when I`m really happy. I may seem like it, but I`m not. It`s nowhere near bad enough that I would need medication or anything, but it`s kinda nice to talk to people about it.

And I know all of you guys will most likely never really know me, so it`s all good. You can`t tell everyone in my school that I have depression problems.

------

Any-way...

That was fun.
The bonfire got rained out. So the band didn`t play.
Yay.
That`s good, because I`m not really feeling all that good.
I hope it rains tomorrow, so we can ride the bus in the parade.
They should let us decorate the bus.

OH!
And I got pom poms yesterday.
Hehe.
They`re sparkly.

---------

The next day, cause all of your are mean.

Ugh. The parade?
Okay, we were going to play on the bus, which we decorated, by the way, but because of TWO people, we had to march.
It was FREEZING and raining.
Then the game, he didn`t show up because who knows why.

Gawd, I hate cold.
And she had to give me a stupid paper sut because she`s stupid, and now it hurts to move my finger.
Uuuuhhhh. I`m so bored.
We were supposed to go see that movie, but we`re not because she doesn`t feel good.
So?
I feel like crap, too. She`s not the only on on the planet.

Sigh, I`m rambling.
Someone interesting get on.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Bucky Black

Be happy not depressed. Yeah I get despondent to but it will all work out. Please listen to me do not think the world is a bad place. You'll end up not trusting anyone. I know a lot more than you may think though. I am a pretty intelligent human being. Trust me on this on please. S**t happens it is ok though.

potter_fan122

I`m don`t think that the world is a bad place, the people in it are the people who f***** it up.
I don`t trust people.
Never have.
Stuff does happen, and there`s nothing we can do about it.

Uggghhhh.
I`m cold.
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate cold.

Bucky Black

Me two but I know how to warm myself up just something I have that is special. I can use my mind to convince my body it is warm. Cool ha. I am serious.

Always check on your seat when your sitting there. There could be so many thing planted on you set by people.

potter_fan122

Okay, guys. I`ve been making these different banners for Stacey. I want you guys to tell me which one you like best.

Two:

Three:

Four:

I remember, but I think I like the first two the best. I want to know which pic you like the best, and what words. Thanks, and I want more than one person reply! I know you`re there!

fudge0604

Definitely picture 3 with writing as in picture 4! :)

I dun like the fact that the skin under my skin is so hard -.-*

Anyone want to rp? :D

Post Potter depression.