News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Child King

Started by Ginny Weasly, December 8, 2008, 12:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

{This one is actually finished and written in my notebook. All I need to do is type it out and post it. So if I stop, it is up to you guys to pester me.}

Child King

The small dark haired boy cautiously walked through the undergrowth of the forest. He rubbed his arms, trying to warm them up. He had left his hoodie behind and it was snowing out. He supposed it would have been better if he'd thought to grab it before he'd left. Actually, it would have been better if he hadn't run at all. If he'd stayed home, he could be sitting in the kitchen now, drinking hot chocolate with his mother and father while Meliody napped.
   Meliody. His new baby sister. He grinned at the simple thought of her. He'd always wanted a sibling, had always wanted to be a brother. It wasn't her he was angry at. The simple thought of that was impossible. Meliody with her sweet baby smile and her beautiful blue eyes so like his own. No, it was not her.
   It was his parents this time. Their parents. Before Meliody's birth, he had thought they were so protective of him because he was an only child. He had thought that would change. But it didn't. Nothing changed. He was still given the same amount of undivided attention, and was still told no. Actually it was his mother who said no. His father only agreed. But that made it all the worse. His father was his hero.
   The little boy went to a tree, jumping to grasp a low hanging branch. A very low hanging branch. Surprisingly quick and agile, he pulled himself up, then continued climbing upwards. About twenty feet from the ground he sat on the branch, swinging his feet. He pulled out a small pocket knife. The one his grandfather had given him for Christmas. He began to cut into the rough bark. Just three letters. X-C-X. Xerxes Codium Xian.
   He wrinkled his nose. His mother had chosen his first name for it's historical value. Xerxes had ruled Persia over three thousand years ago. He had been known as King of the World. His mom had thought the name appropriate for him. His middle name, however, he did like. It was much more original. So much so that no one had ever heard of it. But someday.
   Someday everyone would know his name. People would chant it. They would fear it. They would respect it. They would love him. All would know him, all would praise him. He knew it.
   A twig snapped, bringing him from his daydream. He jumped, surprised. He was never surprised! How could he have been caught off guard? He was never caught of guard.
   "Who's there?" He demanded in his soft voice. He stood on the tree branch, preparing himself to jump.
   "Only I, your faithful servant." The voice belonged to a dark haired man who stood only a few feet away. His olive complexion and dark  eyes gave him a Mediterranean look. He smiled, but it was no comforting. It was downright creepy. He showed too many teeth. Like an animal.
   "Mahn." Caution was scarcely hidden in the child's voice, 'What do you want?" He had been taught to be weary of this one. Actually he'd been taught to flee this one.
   Mahn took a few steps closer, his hands in the pockets of his warm jacket. The snow stuck to him, looking as though someone had splattered him with white paint. "Cody, you need not sound so happy to see me you know."
   Cody gritted his teeth, scowling. He didn't particularly like Mahn. But something about the man drew him in, forcing him to play the game of words, "I wouldn't ever be happy to see you. Now leave, before my mother discovers your presence and I get into trouble." He spoke harshly, anger apparent.
   Mahn appeared upset, "I'm stung, Cody. I really I am. Whatever can I do to win back your favor?" he sounded honestly upset. Cody frowned at him, watching his facial expressions closely.
   "Leave." He said finally, "I don't have time for your antics today." He jumped from the tree, landing on the snow covered ground with a muffled thud. He brushed himself off and began to walk away.
   But, "Not even if my so called antics can help you achieve your dream?" And Mahn was leaning down, his face close to Cody's. He had on hand on Cody's shoulder, holding him in place.
   The child felt his heart still. Achieve his dream? How did he know? Did he guess? Cody looked at Mahn, forcing his face to be expressionless, "What are you talking about?"
   Mahn chuckled, "You know. Your dream to rule. Your dream of power." His breath was warm, "Did you think no one knew?" Cody felt himself freeze in place. His dream? How could Mahn help him achieve his dream?
   "How?" He narrowed his eyes. Mahn had no power, how could he promise Cody any?
   Mahn smiled again, "Sulai sent me to fetch you." Oh. That explained it. Conan Sulai was Cody's mother's ex husband. As well as the King of ancient Romania.
   Cody swallowed. He felt fluttery, lightheaded. Dizzy. Slowly, he attempted to shake his head. "My parents will never allow it."
   "Who ever heard of a king that didn't make his own decisions?" The older man grinned, leaning closer.
   Cody bit his lip. That was true. True, d**nit! But this was Mahn Herion, the man who had constantly been after Cody's mother. The man who had promised to kill her before he died.
   "Why should I trust you?" The boy asked.
   Mahn's smile became wider. He knew he'd won, 'because we both know you'll kill me if I betray you."
   That answer. That admission of weakness was exactly what Cody needed to hear. How Mahn knew to play into Cody's ego was beyond him. But it worked. He blinked, giving Mahn a surprised look. He said nothing, just slowly nodded. Mahn grinned, moving his hand from the child's shoulder to his neck, quickly pressing the pressure point there.
   Cody's eyes went wide and he slumped to the ground, unconscious. As soon as he was out, Mahn lost his grin. He knelt down, checking to be sure that Cody was fully unconscious. He picked the boy up, holding him as if Cody were his own child.
   "What an interesting child king you will make, Xerxes." He muttered, turning. He left the forest, leaving only his footsteps. Which were soon covered by the falling snow.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Dobby_ROX

Quote{This one is actually finished and written in my notebook. All I need to do is type it out and post it. So if I stop, it is up to you guys to pester me.}
Ginny I am to scared to pester you so I will just say that is very awesome!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

potter_fan122

Love it! By the way, I`m pestering you!!!! Post more. Please.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Xaver

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

fudge0604

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

-pester-

We. Demand. More.

Post Potter depression.

LavyBrown

Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Ginny Weasly

Wow, I'm surprised by all the pestering.
Well, once I get home tonight I'll finish typing up the next part. It should be up sometime in the next few days.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Ginny Weasly

Cody awoke several hours later, surrounded by large crimson pillows and black blankets. He sat up, shaking his head to clear it. Where was he? He didn't recognize anything in the large room. What a room, though! The whole thing was done in crimson and black, making the room even darker in the twilight. The black curtains flanked a huge window, bigger than any he'd ever seen.
   Cautiously, he climbed from the bed he was in and went to that window. He couldn't see much, it was too dark outside. Vague shapes in the distance indicated he was near mountains. Aside from that, there was very little to see. But Cody already figured out where he was. He'd never been here before, but his mom had told him stories.
   Now the door behind him opened and Cody turned quickly, ready to fight someone. But it was only a teenage girl wearing navy blue. The color of the servants.
   "Sir, I was sent to inform you that-" She stopped mid-sentence as she saw that Cody was alone in the room. Smiling, she went to him and knelt so she was closer to his level.
   "Hello little boy, Where's you daddy at? I'm supposed to tell him something."
   Cody liked her, for the most part. Except for the fact that she clearly had no clue who she was talking to. He smiled back at her, "Signora, the person you are looking for, would his name be Xerxes Xian?"
   She nodded, slightly surprised, "How do you know?"
   "Because I am he." Cody said with a small sigh. The girl just stared at him, until a voice spoke from behind them. Startling her.
   "He is correct. Now leave us. I must speak to Mr. Xian alone." Mahn gently reached down, helping the girl stand. She gazed open mouthed at Cody, though.
   "He can't be but four years old!"
   Cody flushed, "I'm five, actually. Soon to be six. Now, do us the pleasure and leave." He turned from the door, feeling his warm cheeks. He faced Mahn as the door snapped closed, "What?"
   Mahn smirked, "I though naps made children less cranky." He went to the bed, sitting on the edge and inspecting his nails.
   "Shut up. You'd be cranky as well if someone knocked you out and took you to a place you'd never been before." Cody stalked to the window, trying to ignore Mahn. But the silence proved to be too much.
   With a sigh he turned to glare at the older man, 'Why are you here?"
   Mahn smiled, "Sulai asked me to speak to you. He says to tell you not to mention your mother around the servants." He shrugged, "It'd probably be better if you didn't mention your family at all." Without waiting for Cody to answer, he turned and left the room. Leaving Cody alone to deal with all his mixed emotions.

"Shh, it'll be okay Meliody." A tired looking red head stood, rocking a squalling infant in her arms. The child had been crying up until about five minutes before Cody had left, slamming the door on his way out.
   Cody mother didn't look like she was anybody's mom. She seemed to be only 17, but was actually 21. Her beautiful red hair was pulled back into a loose pony, out of her face. She was beautiful in a rare way, one that people hardly noticed or saw.
   "Ginny? How much do I put in?" Came the million dollar question of the day from the kitchen, where Ginny's husband was making a bottle. Trying hard to keep from snapping at him, she yelled back.
   "Just follow the directions on the side, Xaver." Tiredly, she told herself it wasn't his fault. Meliody's crying was nerve wracking at times, and Xaver hadn't been around when Cody was a baby. Ginny turned as she heard plastic hitting the floor and rolled her eyes upwards.
   "Rinse off the top!" She yelled, just before Xaver came strolling into the living room with a bottle. Instead of handing her the bottle, he took the baby. Ginny bit her lip, the picture of the nervous mother.
   "It's easier if you sit down-"
   "Love," Xaver interrupted, "I know how to feed a baby." He smiled at her, and she felt herself smile back sheepishly.
   "Sorry." Ginny went to the couch, almost falling onto it as she sat down. She was exhausted, and the sudden silence was peaceful. But something was missing.
   "Where's Cody?" She asked, looking up with sudden alarm. He had ran off in the chaos of things. The two looked at each other, sudden concern growing between them. Where was their son?
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

MELIODY! Pretty name  :)

Type in some more!

*Pokes*

*Pokes*

*Pokes*

*Pokes*

*Pokes*

*Pokes*

*Pokes*

*Pokes*

Done yet?????????

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Oohhh! Meliody!

*Poke*

*Pester*

*Poke*

*Pester*

*Poke*

*Pester*
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Xaver

SQUEEEE

MORE MOREMOREEROEOREREORREMEORE

-poketh-
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Sky

Ginny Weasly

I will post when I can open a word processor without my computer going into cardiac arrest.
For now, it's hard enough to get it to run AIM and the internet.

So I am definitely going to post more. No worries.
=)
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Ginny Weasly

((Word hates me.  :( ))

Cody had seen large dinners before, his mother was from a big family and sometimes they would have thirty or forty people eating with them on any given Sunday at his grandparents. He was used to big tables, large amounts of food and many people. This dinner consisted of the first two.
By Cody's math, there was enough food for at least fifty people. Seventy, if everyone took small portions. But there were only four men sitting there, talking lowly with grave looks on their faces, only stopping as Cody entered the dinning room. Cody knew all but one.

Mahn, of course. Across from him sat an older man, much older. This man was maybe about 80. Maybe even older. His name was Sam, and Cody had known him all his life. Sam had been the advisor to the royal family ever since Ginny and Conan had been crowned. He was kind, patient, and apparently much older than the last time Cody had seen him.
Beside Sam sat a sandy haired man, stubble on his face, dark circles under his blue-green eyes. Eyes that almost sadly looked at Cody. Cody could read so many emotions in this man's eyes as they looked at each other. Anger, regret, sadness...this man was Conan Sulai. He was the King of Romaina. More importantly, he was Ginny's ex-husband.

Across from Conan sat a younger boy, obviously Conan's brother. Cody had heard enough about Conan's family to known that his name was Tom, and he was almost the polar opposite of his older brother. Hard to anger, silly, and fun to be around. He gave Cody a grin, and was the first to greet him.
"Cody! This is so cool. You look just like your mom, you know that?"

Cody blinked as he took his seat, surprised. No one had ever said that. He was almost an exact replica of his father, looking nothing like his mom in his opinion.
"Not unless my mother and father have switched bodies." He replied with a small shrug.

"I see he has her sense of humor. Sarcastic." Conan made a face, shifting in his seat to get a better ook at the small child that had just sat down.

"Conan, hush." Sam had always been able to give a command and make it sound like a suggestion. It was strange, and something Cody admired. He knew that often in this palace the cooler heads preveiled. Sam nodded to Cdy, leaning towards him and smiling.
"Xexes, how nice to see you again."

"Signore," Cody shook his head, "Please do not use my formal name. You have known me far too long."

"Well then Cody-"

"To you, I remain Xerxes." Cody's calm soft voice cut Conan off midsentence and he looked baffled for a moment. It wasn't long before his face began to turn bright red though, and he slammed his fist on the table.

"I will not be spoken to like that!" He was losing his temper quickly. Cody was too much like Ginny to get along easily with Conan. So Cody decided the best thing to do would be to continue acting like her. Just to irk him.

"Then you will not be spoken to, Mr. Sulai."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Ginny Weasly

"How dare you!" Conan jumped up, knocking his chair backwards and growling angrily at Cody. Not surprised in the least, Cody leaned forward and growled lowly back.

"No, how dare you? How dare you send a low life to convince me to come here and then treat me like I am nothing? How dare you think badly about my parents when you are the one who forced my mother away? It is not how I dare, sir, but rather how you dare." The five year old hadn't moved, but his blue eyes had grown darker with sudden anger, flashing at the older male. He was angry at him, and if willing would most certainly blast Conan into next week.

Seeing that this could not end well if left alone, Sam cleared his throat, "Sit down Conan. If you cannot control yourself, then perhaps you should leave."

Conan continued to glare at Cody, but did not move to leave. He picked up his chair and sat down, folding his arms. There was silence for a long time, until Mahn began to laugh softly, which caused Tom to chuckle. Conan glared at his younger brother now, but that only made him laugh harder.
Finally, he shook his head and smiled at Cody, "I am so glad you are here!"

It had been several hours since Ginny and Xaver had noticed Cody was missing. They had each searched miles in every direction, but neither had found a thing. Ginny now sat alone in their kitchen, starring at the table with a blank expression. An unnamed fear had gripped her heart hours ago and had only squeezed tighter and tighter with each passing moment. Her hands were shaking horribly, she had hardly been able to hold Meliody. Her eyes were red from crying, and she bit her lip hard enough to make it bleed.
She looked up only when Xaver entered the room. He took one look at his wife and went to her.

Without pausing, he picked her up from the chair and sat in her place, with her on his lap. He kept his arms wrapped tightly around her, his chin resting on her shoulder. She leaned her own against his, feeling miserable.

"It's my fault." Her voice was hardly audible, "If I had just let him go..."

Xaver tightened his arms around her, "No, love. Don't you blame yourself. We both agreed on what was best for our son. We don't even know what happened yet."

A sob caught in Ginny's throat, "He's only a baby. Why else would he run from us?"

((C'mon guys, post. I need SOME feedback.))
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret