News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Mira is grounded

Started by dobby888, December 14, 2008, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

That is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, she posted something she knew her parents would disapprove of and they saw it. It doesn't even have to be all that specific, they just had to feel uncomfortable.

I know my parents often glance over at what I'm doing. They have ever since I started using the internet, and I'm 18 now. It doesn't bother me, mostly because as long as I showed them, they didn't really care. Plus, I kept things I didn't want them to see for after they went to bed, haha.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

Two grounded Harry Potter Fans now....

Haha. I snuck on for awhile today. :D

I always clear my history though since I log onto Myspace.

I would hate for my parents to see ANY of my postings. I think what I type is my business, even though they provide the internet for me, I think I still deserve some privacy rights.

Ginny Weasly

Oh, and if your school has a blocking program, you may want to look into proxies.
One that I found isn't blocked by most filters yet is https.//www.peachfloss.com
You NEED to have HTTPS. Not HTTP.
There is a difference.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

Quote from: Miss Xantier on December 15, 2008, 11:45:44 AM
DON'T CALL MY PARENTS RETARDED!!!!!!!! If you say that you all are gonna suffer! By me not coming back for a month or so! ("Thats gonna be hard.") Okay, joking about the moth maybe a day or week, but not month. NEVER EVER CALL MY PARENTS RETARDED!
Your parents are not retarded over the fact that you exist. They just don't want you to ruin your future by getting pregnant, so they'll tell you that sex is bad so that you will abstain from it all together.

Ways sex are good: relieves stress, strengthens relationships, feels good, and it kinda ensures the survival on the human race.

Ways sex are bad: it is done compulsively with multiple partners with zero responsibility, is forced, is done out of revenge, and so forth.
I am a dog.

Sky

I don't really know why, but I can't let my parents see any creative work I've done. I don't let them see drawings, let them hear me play music, or see what I write. I don't even sing in front of them. (I can't sing anyway XP) I've always felt embarrassed by it for some reason.

Ginny Weasly

Not me! Everyone in my family is extraordiarily creative.
All six of us are awesome artists (my sister most of all) all of us can sing well, at least all of us girls can write fantastically, not to mention our talents in leading small children to the park and catching them on fire.
That last was a joke.
C'mon people. Jeeze.

As far as the whole sex thing, the problem with today's schools is that they teach abstinence-only sex ed. This means all they say is "Sex is bad, don't do it! You'll go to hell!"
What we really need are some comprehensive sex ed programs. Ones that tell us the facts. Programs that explain that abstinence is the BEST way to be protected against unwanted pregnancy as well as STIs.
But they also explain that if you are still going to have sex (honestly, a large amount of people stay abstinent until their twenties) then you need protection! These are the kind of programs we need.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Alexis

Quote from: Sky on December 16, 2008, 05:28:36 AM
Two grounded Harry Potter Fans now....
Make that three. =p

I wouldn't say sex is bad.  Or sex before marriage. 
However, be cautious and mature about it.  If not, it could cause some real problems.
Although, this is only my opinion.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

dobby888

Not that we aren't having a lovely time getting off topic, but I have more word on Mira's release date.  She has now also been banned from the phone, which is a bad sign.  I talked to her mom, however, and she said that all Mira has to do is say sorry, and be nice to her and then the sentence will be shortened.  I will try to send word to Mira, but it may still be a while.

Miss Xantier

Noooooooooooooooo! She is sooooo nice!

Ginny Weasly

Well, give her our love if you get to talk to her.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

I'll be sure to do that for you all!

Miss Xantier

THANK YOU!!!!!!! *Goes over to Jessie and hugs her!*

potter_fan122

Okay! This topic got a litle off-the-pont since I last looked at it. But here`s my opinion on someof the things said:

I agree with Ginny on the sex-ed thing. My school doesn`t even have sex-ed. Last year we just went over a few things in health and this year we`re doing genetics, dotdotdot genetics.

I`m so glad Mira/Jackie will be ale to get on sometime sooner than later.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

dobby888

OK! More word from Mira!  She is grounded from everything electronic except for the radio, phone, and Nintendo DS.  She got the phone back today, and her mom allowed her to talk to me online for a few minutes.  I think she might be free by New Years!

Dobby_ROX

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell her we are all thinking of her. ;D ;D