News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Temporary Insanity

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, December 15, 2008, 11:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

Ginny shook her head, slowly, holding out her arm to stop Lavy from taking even one more step. She had delt with enough insane people to know that reasoning didn't work.
She had spent enough time inside the insane mind, and even understood them. As far as understanding insanity goes.

She glanced backwards, aware f him the very moment Xaver appeared. But that was all the attention she gave him. She focused on Goblet, clasping her hands together and frowning. She narrowed her eyes, parting her hands and holding them about three inches apart. Between her palms crackled pure energy, looking blue white, like lightning.

"Last chance, Keith."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

How could the dark one seem so sincere yet Goblet could swear he has only seen her at the most in passing? There is acting and then there is the heart. She must be full of one or the other, but Goblet plainly just does want to take any risks.

"I don't remem- I mean, I just don't know you! All right!?" said Goblet in exasperation.

Another boulder had moved inside his head. It was starting to make him dizzy but his perceptions felt like they were getting clearer by the second. He had now come to realize of his feelings of being watched other than that of the present company. Such feelings made him uncomfortable even more than this dangerous situation involving the bloodhead and the dark one.

Wait, why does he call them the bloodhead and dark one? Sure, one girl had red hair and the other was African but how did he conceive such outlandish names for them? And hadn't Goblet seen them both before one time? And even talked to them?

Focus! The redhead was preparing to attack, and she issued her final warning. He best prepare.

Goblet was still moving farther away, giving him a better chance to dodge her impending attack if such is possible. He felt another wand inside his robe. And right next to that wand he felt an object. Upon reaching inside his robe pocket and grasping the object, according to his touch he found it to be a glass vial. And right next to that, a scrunched piece of a paper. But what was important right now was the extra wand that could be of use if his primary one broke. The vial which probably still has a potion in it might just be of use if had time to see what it said on its cover. However he must be careful. It could just be pure poison for all he knew.

"I think I would live longer if I fought back," replied Goblet to the redhead, straightening up. "I don't trust you enough with my life, which means that I think you would probably just kill me anyway if I surrendered. So enough chances. Didn't I just say that you could attack first?"
I am a dog.

LavyBrown

She saw and heard the pause in his movement and speech. A pause was all she needed. She walked around Ginny and took a step towards him and then another and another until she was halfway between Ginny and him. And then she took five more so that she was closer to him then her. Maybe vulnerability was the next step into getting out of.....well whatever state of mind he was in.

She hoped that by tossing caution to the wind, she wouldn't end up hurt. Or worse. Her faith in him tried to run away, but she wouldn't let go. She refused to believe that the Goblet she knew could be so...was evil the right word? Or just confussed. She took a deep breath and spoke again.

"You do remember us. If you would only just take the time to think about it. That's Ginny, remember? Her temper matches her hair sometimes. But I want you to think about my name. You made fun of it the first time we met. You asked me if my mum liked the flower. We had a whole conversation about it in my parents old house."
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

goblet_fulla_fire

Another boulder moved inside Goblet's head. Senses were getting tuned. His mind was becoming clearer. All he needed to do was to get out. Get his head right. There was a problem with him. There just had to be. He wouldn't be in this state for no reason. Something must have happened. For instance, Goblet knew he went to a wizardry school, but he couldn't even remember its name right now. Something must have happened to him.

The girl was recalling a small list of memories she claims to have shared with him. She seemed sincere but nonetheless....

"Okay, you... girl, I admit that there is a possibility that we knew each other. I now recognize that I do not know things that I should know. My middle name, for example."

It was madness, pure madness. Goblet had just tried to remember precise details about his familiy. And nothing was coming up. He just knew he could remember if he had a little more time but there definitely wasn't enough time in this situation.

"Even if I knew you two, I still intend to leave here, with or without a fight. I am going to find out why I am here and what exactly happened to me."
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny frowned, "You honestly don't remember any of it?"

The blue light between her hands faded, and she seemed skeptical. She raised one eyebrow, and didn't move. To this point, she had considered his behavior an act.

"Really?"

Her dark eyes met his as she searched his face, and subsequently looked through his topmost thoughts. They were jumbled, erratic...and yet, there was a small underlying system to them. She tilted her head, folding her arms.

"Do you know where we are? How old are you? What's your first name?"

She fired these questions rapidly, keeping her eyes on his.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

The redhead indicated as Ginny had dimmed her energy ball. And now she was sincere too. She took a more concerned and less hostile stance and now started asking questions.

"A forest! Goblet! Seventeen!" Goblet replied almost impatiently. Wait, why was he answering her questions? Probably because he doesn't want it to be this way. Or rather, he doesn't want to be in this situation with them. How were they different from anybody else? When he thought about hexing the two girls into oblivion, his emotions betrayed him. Why was this so? They must have meant something to Goblet before. But he shouldn't give in so easily. Think.

Goblet remembered that he had another wand among a couple other things in his robe pocket. Would they know anything about it? They just might. Goblet could feel it. And maybe that could help him remember.

Wand still out and pointing (at this point Goblet was glad he didn't strike first,) he reached in his pocket and grabbed everything in there and held it out. He looked away from the girls to see what he had just secured: a wand that wasn't his own, a half empty large vial filled with a green potion, and a crumpled piece of paper. He held it out stiffly for Ginny and the other girl to see.

"Call me crazy, but you two wouldn't happen to know anything about these things would you?" asked Goblet sincerely. He had stopped moving away. His distance from them was satisfactory anyways. Upon holding out his pocket's little bundle, he noticed that the piece of paper he was holding had writing on it. It struck him a little oddly.
I am a dog.

LavyBrown

"I can't say that I have Goblet. Do you remember where you where before you got to this forest? Maybe that's where you got all theses things." She stayed still this time. There was no reason to put him back on the defensive by moving closer.

Besides, from the place that she was standing she could see the most intresting thing of all. It wasn't what he had with him in his outstretched hands, odd as that may be. It was what he didn't have that made her want to get a closer look. 

Identification, money, lint. It was like his cloths were brand new now that she had a better look. Slightly dirty from being in the forest, yes, but otherwise they seemed like they had just been pulled off a rake.

goblet_fulla_fire

Goblet heard her question, but he put his priority on the piece of paper that was clutched along with the bundle in his hand. Never mind the strange wand and half empty potion. Goblet, aware of the next action he is making and how vulnerable it made him, pocketed his wand and reached for the paper pinched in his grasp. He grabbed it, unextended his other hand and uncoiled the crumpled piece of paper.

It was a torn book page.  At the top of the page was the title, "Cropperweld's Animal Sedative," and a list of what looked like ingredients. Was the vial that was now in his pocket the potion this page mentions? Goblet instinctively looked at the bottom of page which supplied only the second half of the instructions:

After all of the proper ingredients been mixed and procedures been initiated, place the potion in an area where it can now receive sunlight. It need be exposed for no less than three minutes before you are done, after which the potion is now ready for practical use assuming it has turned a solid green color. The potion must be taken orally for any large beast you need incapacitated.
WARNING: This potion even in small amounts is not meant for humankind. Human consumption of this substance may have unpleasant physical and psychological side effects and would likely prove fatal to the beholder.

Goblet had underlined the word, "fatal." Why would he do that? It was clear that he had the potion that was just indicated. It was half gone so he must have used it on something. Why did he underline "fatal?" Goblet shut his eyes tightly, trying to remember and put pieces together. He underlined "fatal." Oh God, was he trying to poison somebody? Why would he do such a thing?

But then something clicked in his head. Right then and there, he remembered just earlier after he was knocked against the tree by Ginny's blast resulting in green liquid lightly streaming from the sides of his mouth. He took the potion! And he underlined "fatal." No... it can't be! But there was no reasoning he could offer himself to dodge the inescapable conclusion.

Goblet had tried to commit suicide.

It could all be explained now. The psychological side effect the paper mentioned was the cause of Goblet's actions that he couldn't remember. He had counted on his own death. It seemed like he couldn't drink the potion fast enough for some reason and now he was here in this forest, confronted by his friends. But why? Why end it all instead of trying to fix his problems?

Then one final boulder was moved inside his head and he felt like his old self again. The girl in front of him was Lavender, behind her was Ginny, and they were in the Forbidden Forest near Hogwarts.

So why did he try to end it all with a drink of a potion? Goblet thought but he didn't have to think too hard. He had done such a horrible thing. His mind flashed to a house located at the end of a road on the outskirts of a small Irish town. Try not to think of it! he told himself. Nonetheless, the mere knowledge created tumbling guilt that overpowered him and he had now clearly let it show.

Goblet spontaneously switched from an alerted and ready state to a saddened one with a softened face and lowered posture. He dropped the book page on the ground and along with it, the vial with the green potion which shattered leaving nothing but broken glass and green moistened leaves. Sullen, he walked over to the nearest tree and slid his back down it so he could sit on the ground. He turned his head to Ginny, "Gin, sorry about the mess," he said in a low voice. "I surrender or whatever. Or you can let me go. I don't really care. I just have some business to attend to later."

Goblet turned his head to Lavender. Not knowing what to say to her, he said the one thing she would want to hear to confirm his memory recovery. "Hi Lavender."
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

"Merda."

Ginny mumbled the Italian swear word she had forbidden her son from using and shook her head. The vial, the paper. She was no idiot. She understood what had just happened.

"Keith, you need to go to the hospital."

Ginny folded her arms, looking at Goblet and still shaking her head.
"I want to make sure it's all out of your system before you go off on your own business."

Now that he was more or less back to normal, what he did with his time didn't matter to her. All she had to do was make sure he wasn't going to act crazy again.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

(Nine days waiting for Lavy to post is enough.)

"I think I am in the right mind now. I won't pull a stunt like that again. But I would like to attend to my business as soon as possible."

Goblet felt just as terrible as he remembered hours before. Not only was he depressed right now, but he had some foreign substance contaminating his body. He was at least glad that he felt like his body was putting up a fight.

Goblet pushed off the ground with his hands and snapped his now standing body straight with determination. He turned to Ginny and straightened up his posture and face. His dark mood was still there, but only covered and quietly managed.

"Ginny, may I please leave now? If not now, soon? I can assure you that I am in the right mind now. As I said, I need to take care of some business."
I am a dog.

LavyBrown

(sorry i just think that it wouldn't be worth it to post that i had nothing to post. i was kinda going blank)

Lavy looked at Ginny and then back at Goblet, "Goblet I really think that you should be checked out. Stuff like that doesn't just run though you. It leaves it's mark."

Lavy started walking forward until she was within arms length of him, "Please come back with us to the school so someone can take a look at you. I don't want you coming back with nasty side effects."

Ginny Weasly

"Not the school. The hospital. It'll take about five minutes, and then you can go do as you want."

Ginny ran a hand through her hair, looking ten times more tired than she had before. These kids were driving her insane, and she wasn't even their mother. This kind of stress and quickness wasn't good for her current condition.

"Lavy can take you there."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

(Yeah, but the last time you logged on was January 5 according to your profile at the time. I guess I just supposed you didn't look at this thread yet.)

Goblet did not want to waste his time at the d**n hospital. "Oh Jesus, what can be done there in five minutes? Ginny and Lavender, I'll go if you really want me to but my mind feels so clear now and I don't like remaining here doing nothing when I have something to do. But I suppose you two don't really care about that."

Goblet rethought his last sentence and silently ridiculed himself for saying such a thing. They obviously and reasonably were putting his safety first.

Goblet waved off his previous statement with a wave of his hand and a slight squint of his eyes. "Sorry. I mean I just really want to go take care of some business while I still feel right, and I know you guys care above all else my well being, but...." Goblet looked from Ginny to Lavy. Both concerned looks were unmoved and there was going to be no convincing on his part.

"Fine, whatever. Let's just try to keep it short," said Goblet curtly.
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny narrowed her eyes, her face instantly changing, "You're right. I don't care about you, I only care about the other students you could harm."

She shook her head, turning and walking away, "Just go get checked out. Lavy, make sure he does as he's told there. Send the doctors report to me."

She was technically on maternity leave at the moment, but that didn't stop Ginny from doing at least part of her job.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

Lavy nodded towards Ginny, knowing how she felt. She had been in more then one situation when someone was causing problems and the only reason she took care of them was because they were harming someone else. This wasn't one of those situations. She was intrested in what Goblet felt couldn't wait but left it alone. For now.

She held out her hand for him to take, "Ready?"