News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Joy of [Sitting]

Started by potter_fan122, December 27, 2008, 02:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobby888

"Fifth."  Leah said, her gaze wandering to Goblet.  She smiled at him, kindly.

potter_fan122

"Fifth." Stacey repeated. She giggled in her mind, not wanting to embarrass herself with her wild laugh.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

dobby888

Leah giggled in her mind as well, thinking to Stacey, ~What's so funny!?~  She smiled kindly at Goblet, trying not to show that she was having an inner conversation with Stacey. 

"So what classes are you taking?" She asked Goblet.

goblet_fulla_fire

"The core classes, Arithmancy, Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures. And you?" he asked.

It was uncanny the way Goblet is feeling right now. He couldn't put past that these two were sneaking in a way at him. Goblet usually picks up on these things because he had called upon to do so in the past and now it has become sort of a sixth sense for him. It was this sort of thing he'd be thankful for saving his life (and it had) but quite unthankful when he is trying to hold a simple conversation.
I am a dog.

potter_fan122

~He said it was a pleasure to meet us.~ She explained in her head. ~Why were you laughing?~ She smiled at Goblet, sensing that his last question was directed to Leah.

dobby888

"I'm taking Care for Magical Creatures, Defense against the Dark arts, Potions, and on the side, I'm teaching myself elements." She said, smiling at him.

~What can I say? I laugh at a lot of things that aren't funny!~ She thought to Stacey.

goblet_fulla_fire

Goblet was now feeling a little insecure, to the point where he felt like he was enduring conversation with these girls. Logically speaking, they are just girls that talk to each other without speaking and Goblet need not be concerned.

"I'm terribly sorry to bring this up, but am I right to think you two are having a conversation just between yourselves?"
I am a dog.

potter_fan122

Stacey giggled. "I`m not really sure you could call it a conversation; I just started laughing in my mind and she started in and then she asked why I was laughing and I told her. Then I ask her why she was laughing and she told me." Stacey explained.

goblet_fulla_fire

"That is uh... I honestly don't know what to call it," replied Goblet honestly. "Is it often that you two laugh at obscure things, respectively?"
I am a dog.

potter_fan122

Stacey giggled again. "All the time. You could say it`s normal for us." She said with a smile.

dobby888

"It's part of who we are." Leah said, giggling as well.  She hated to make people feel awkward or left out, but sometimes she did it with out knowing.

potter_fan122

Stacey giggled again. "A big part of who we are." She agreed. Secretly, she had forgotten what they were talking about, but she didn`t show it. Stacey leanded forward, toward Goblet. "So, you most likely have something better to do than sit here and listen to us giggling about nothin. What book are you reading?" She asked, looking down at the book he held.

goblet_fulla_fire

(Oh, I'm sorry! I made a point to reply back to this thread but I forgot.)

"Well," Goblet chuckled a little, imagining himself actually acknowledging to these two girls that he would rather read than talk to them. Such a thing was thing was unthinkable and in fact, not true.

"It is a dark book, or so I hear, about a killer inside the Ministry of Magic. And no one knows who the killer is, yadda yadda yadda." Goblet moved his head dully back and forth as if the plot was pure routine. It was routine in reality, but the structure is what makes each book unique. "I picked it up for some simple entertaining reading. But enough about my bloody book. Right now, I'm more interested in this connection you two share. Do or can you do this with others?"
I am a dog.

potter_fan122

((Hehe, it`s okay.))

Stacey turned her head to face Leah. She stared at her for a moment, then looked back to Goblet. "It`s not really a connection with just us. She can read minds. I can`t but I can absorb another`s powers and use them for myself without effecting that person. I just opened my mind to hers, so we can hear each other." She explained thoughtfully.

Her unique power could really be a pain. If she was around a lot of talented witches or wizards, it would feel like and invisable force pushing against her mind, unless she opened for them to enter. The voices she heard didn`t help, especially on her bad days.

dobby888

"Yeah it's mostly that, and we're really close friends with a lot of inside jokes, so sometimes we just laugh about that kind of stuff."  Leah added, surprised that Goblet would care about their 'connection'.