News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

shivers and terrors (pm to join)

Started by Ginny Weasly, December 28, 2008, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

"Of course. For example, those beautiful wings can't be seen by the other children. And absolutely no magic."

The last shouldn't be too hard for Cody. Ginny had rules about magic, and he had always abided by them. Ginny smiled at Cody, but it was weak. She was concerned by Xaver's reaction.
Encouraged by Cody's.

"Also, you wouldn't be skipping any grades, even though you can probably do most of the work blindfolded. So you might get very bored."
She felt the need to add this. He would indeed get bored.
"Once we start, there is to be no stopping."

Even if he one day he decided he hated school. Like most kids did.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

No wings.
No magic.
No using the powers that defined who he was.

The same rules his own father had lined up before Xaver had been sent to Hogwarts for the first time.

A more rebellious side in Xaver grumbled at the thought. The rest of him, subdued by it. He'd integrated well, after a while... He'd learned. It had been difficult - but Cody had been born into this world. He should rightfully have more of a chance. Even if he was young, he was a smart boy.
He had more of a chance.

Xaver tilted his head and murmured to the boy, and Cody hopped off the counter and went to sit by Ginny as Xaver pulled down a drainer from the cupboard and placed it in the sink, then took the pot off the stove and dumped its contents carefully into it. When satisfied the water was out, he dumped the noodles back into the pot, then set it on the counter as he began to add the cheese mix, the butter, the milk..
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny leaned over to Cody, "How about you sleep on it tonight, and me and your dad will talk about it. Ok kiddo?"

She smiled tiredly at him as she pushed her plate away from her. She hadn't even taken another bite, her stomach couldn't handle it. She slowly stood up, tugging the cover pack into place over her shoulders.
The room was spinning. She had to brace herself on the back of the chair.

"I'm going to lay down for a bit. Don't forget to take a bath after dinner, Cody."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Both Xaver and Cody stared after her as she shuffled away, and into her and Xaver's bedroom, glancing at each other as the door closed, and she disappeared inside it.

"Dad, what's wrong with Mom?" Cody inquired lightly, setting his glass of mostly finished milk down onto the table.
Xaver gave him a sidelong glance as he scooped some macaroni and cheese into a bowl for each of them.
"I.. I'm not really sure. She seems sick, doesn't she?"

Cody gave a mute nod, lips pursed.
Xaver sighed, and planted the bowl before him, pulling up a chair beside him, for himself, and gripping his own fork.
"I'll worry about her, though. You just busy yourself with that macaroni, then we'll get you a bath then into bed."

"I'm not tired."
Xaver's glance at Cody as he chewed on his food brought a sheepish grin to the boy's face.
"Well.. Not exhaused, anyway."
Xaver simply kept staring as he chewed, and finally Cody giggled.
"OKAY, Dad."

Dark eyes softening in amusement, Xaver chuckled around his macaroni.

After Cody was tucked in and kissed goodnight, Xaver closed the boy's door, and breathed in deeply, releasing a sigh that was all fatigue and wear. He couldn't remember the last time a simple snowball fight had taken so much out of him, even if he was feeling better than he had. He still had an odd fever, though he wasn't about to mention it..
He turned the handle of his and Ginny's bedroom door and slipped inside soundlessly, closing it after him with a slight yawn. Not sensing that Ginny was awake, he stripped, dumped his clothes in the laundry bin, and made into the bathroom for a shower.

His body seeming heavier, but entirely fresher, Xaver padded out of the bathroom clad only in his most faded sweatpants. Comfortable and warm, he brought his arms over his head and stretched, then slid into bed behind Ginny. He wrapped his arm around her, and gently tugged her to him, curling his form around her, and pressing a kiss to the back of her head, breathing in deeply her scent and closing his eyes against it.

"Love, are you awake?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Mmm."

Ginny didn't move, didn't open her eyes. She just snuggled closer to Xaver, feeding off his body heat. She was so dam cold. She had one arm under her head, the other hand resting on her belly.

"Cody asleep, then?"

She spoke softly, not really a whisper, but not loudly. It wasn't really a question, though.
Xaver had taken a shower, by the smell of him. He smelled good.
Cody was bound to be asleep after that length of time.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver brushed another kiss over her temple, then propped his head up on his palm, his elbow digging into a pillow, his other hand moving over hers and intertwining with her fingers, over her swollen belly. She nestled into him, and he held her closer, his gaze watching her through the dark.

"He is. Sound asleep."
Cody had looked as tired as Xaver had felt after his bath. The boy was asleep quick after his head had hit the pillow.

Xaver squeezed her fingers.
"Love.."
He shifted slightly, more fully against her, as he continued to watch her.

"Gin, what is wrong?"
His brow furrowed as his thoughts stirred.
"What happened today?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"What happened today?"

Ginny considered lying to Xaver. But she knew he'd see right through it. He knew her better than anyone, and he was an expert at reading people. He'd know she was lying.
She bit her lip.

Telling him the truth, would be bad.
So she only gave him half an answer.

"I drank some tea at the Hogs Head and I think it made me sick."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver scooted back a bit, then retracted his hand from hers and gently pushed on her nearest shoulder. Pushing her to her back so he could look down at her face, and actually see her.
Read her.

"And tea at the Hogs Head that made you sick also suddenly makes you cringe from my touch?"

He reached out, and ran his hand through the stray hairs across her face, tucking them behind her ear then cupping his hand to her cheek, his fingers entangled in her hair and his thumb passing back and forth over her lower lip.

She wasn't lying to him, sure.
But..

"I can ..feel it.. Your fright. Anger?"
The last was almost self-critical.
Confused.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

He pushed her onto her back, and her worry grew. He could see her face, even in the darkness. He could read her eyes.

"I...I told you, you surprised me."

She didn't struggle, didn't try to move. But she avoided his eyes.
"It's not you, I was...having a bad dream...and didn't feel good...you surprised me."

Ginny didn't bring up the fact that she was rarely surprised, hardly ever caught off guard. Even in her sleep.
And when she was caught off guard, she didn't react like a frightened animal.

Her excuse was weak. But she hadn't really tried to think of a good one. She honestly didn't feel good, still didn't. She had been sleeping while Xaver took care of their son.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

She didn't need to point it out.
He already knew.

Xaver slowly rolled away from her, onto his back, lacing his fingers beneath his head and staring upward into the ceiling, wordless.
He could feel her warmth, beside him, and between the crisp sheets and the comforter, he was more than comfortable... physically. Mentally, he was growing restless. Confused, unsure, and unsatisfied with her answer.

He breathed in deeply, reveling in the feeling, before he released it, closing his eyes. He fought with himself, but in the end, found no ultimate content.

When he'd first come to this world... It wasn't in his nature to prod. It was more in him to respect. Abide. Satisfy.
The ring on his wedding finger was as sure as any testament that he was forever a changed man.
He wasn't afraid to push. Wasn't afraid to question.
Even if his stomach turned at a sudden thought.

The last time she'd been this shuttered from him...
"Is it Sirius?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Oh Christ no!"

It was Ginny's turn to prop up on one elbow, to look at her spouse. To search his face. She swallowed, shaking her head. She didn't want him to think that. It wasn't anything like that.

She sighed, she'd have to tell him the truth.
"Ok, honestly...I went to meet with someone today." She paused, "Not Sirius."

She reached out, touching his cheek with the back of her hand. Gently, lovingly.
"I needed to go speak with this person...because I wanted to find out what was wrong with you. I did it to help you, love."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver passed her a half-hearted frown, partially amused by her reaction, but still in a mess of his own confusion. She propped up to look at him, and he stilled. His gaze moved over her, assessing the pretty lines of her face as she spoke to him. Trying to read into them.
Was that guilt he felt?
Why..?

Her hand brushed the side of his face, and instinctually, he leaned into the caress.
Settled more completely by the comfort of her touch than any of the words she'd said so far.

His head tilted slightly, and his dark blues sharpened, fixing over her gaze through the darkness.
"Nothing is wrong with me."

Nothing Xaver didn't think he'd be soon getting over, anyway.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Yes. Something is. And it's because of me."

For once, it wasn't just Ginny being self critical. It really was happening because of her. It really was her fault.

"It's because we got married."

She bit her lip, "And you are a Fallen and I'm human. And we got married, so now your immortality is disappearing."

Ginny spoke fast, her words stumbling over each other. She frowned, "And you are losing it because you married a human. Because you married me..."

She sighed. Closed her eyes. Took a deep breath.
And told him the truth.

"I met with your brother today."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Yes. Something is.."

Xaver went unnaturally still. It was a stillness that relayed features that were entirely inhuman. Entirely unnatural to her world. A stillness that was complete, and through. A stillness that settled in his very bones, as the weight of her words sank in.

There were no why's, or how's, or what's.
Xaver knew, then, exactly what she was talking about. Exactly the tradition, that he'd either sidestepped or simply forgotten, over time. He didn't know, really, how he'd forgotten about it, but it didn't matter, now. There was a truth that was sounding clear in the unnerved ache in his chest.

His immortality was slipping away.
It was why he'd been so tired, so worn. His body was undergoing a change he hadn't even considered - total. It wasn't so much that he was going to lose any of his strengths, or gain any more weaknesses... But he was becoming, as some would, and rightfully perhaps, could, say, normal. Mortal. The very make-up of his creature was altering.
He was going to grow old.

Finally.

There was a very old, weary part of him, that sighed in satisfaction at the knowledge. He'd lived more years than many men, especially men with a history as rugged as his own, could claim. He'd fought, he'd bled, he'd hurt with all his heart - and he'd now come to know love, in every fiber of his being. It seemed.. so natural. So natural... To live a life, and leave a life.
And to be able to do it with the other that had become in every way, his other half...

"I met with your brother today."

Xaver stirred out of his reverie, and gave her a flat, hard look.

"You. What?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny cringed, "I met with Xences..."

The pretty redhead sat up completely and crossed her legs, turning and looking at her husband. She wringed her hands, bit her lip, and overall looked worried and tense.

"I'm sorry. It was a stupid move, and I shouldn't have done it. But I was worried, something was wrong with you. You wouldn't admit it, and I didn't know what to do."
Her voice was growing steadily louder and growing in pitch. She didn't take a breath between her words, just kept squeezing her hands.

"And he told me what it was. I'm sorry, Xaver..."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret