News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Practice

Started by ~Harry Potter~, December 30, 2008, 07:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Harry Potter~

Rhyme muttered to himself as he walked across the grounds toward the forest.  His leather coat jingled though it had no notable metal on the outside that would do so.  He also had on a fedora with silver pinstripes over black fabric that had an oddly stiff brim.  He sighed softly when he reached the edge, lost slightly in his own thoughts. 

I have let myself go with practicing.  I have to keep my dexterity up, mom would kill me right now, I should know better then to let myself go so long.

He walked about 100 yards into the woods until he found a semi large clearing, just enough for him to spread his arms out and have some room to throw.  He reached into his coat sleeve and pulled out two kunai which he put one into each hand.  He let his hand bounce up and down a few times to get used to their weight.  When he did this he also set up a connection of magic between the blades and his hands. 

"I shouldn't start with all ten just yet, just in case" he said to himself as he pulled out two more. 

He put his hands close together and then whipped them out, fanning his fingers out wide.  He frowned when he saw that they tumbled a bit but with a small tug of his hands they evened out and flew true.  Then, he clenched his fists tight and yanked.  This caused the daggers to curve upward, high into the limbs of the tree.  He listened to the way the breeze whistled through the branches to keep the blades from getting caught.

He then let the strings go very slack when he reached up and pulled off his hat.  It had a special metal inlay into the rim, which, if he wished, could make it into a weapon.  He threw this hat into the air with a flick of his wrists and then, making the strings shorten, kneeling, pulling the strings very tight as the kunai soared downward into the soft ground.  The caught the hat as they did, landing totally wrong though.  The hat was held up by two of the kunai but the other two were nowhere near where he wanted them.  He wanted them to form a neat square with the hat sitting above it.  With a frown and a clench of the teeth, he flicked his wrist, sending the kunai back into his hands to try again. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

fudge0604

A pair of nutty brown eyes swept the surrounding, taking every little detail, into memory.
The boy that had them, sat high in a tree, feeling the wind playing with his hair, now ear-long.

Power, surged through him, in the cold. His body shone in the soon surrounding darkness; a fade of blue.
Light thoughts, was in his mind, though the monster of fear, that lived inside of him, would never rest, until
he died.

The boy looked strange, in the cold weather, wearing only a t-shirt, with the message, nice vibe,
and a pair of dark blue jeans, that had faded in time.

Albus smiled to himself. He'd just finished Jessie's present, and he was tired. Out of energy.
Sweat drops was dangling from his chin, and in his t-shirt, some moisture could be seen.
~I smell terribly! ~ Thought he, as the foul odors of his hard work reached his nose.

Albus fished out his wand, when trying to get rid of the sweat. Sounds, echoed through the forest.
Metal, clinging.

Quickly, he finished up his cleaning, by pointing his wand at himself, and muttering " Scourgify! "
The odors disappeared, and he was as clean as ever.

Jumping from branch to branch, he closed up to the sound, now being able to see a figure,
from the tree tops that he stood in.

No sound came from his movements, he had long since mastered, the ability to move without sound.

Albus pondered who it could be, he didn't recognize him, or his inner energy.
He got as close as he could, to see who the person down in the clearing was.
His eyes focusing, he tried to find out who the person was, from the top of the trees.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Rhyme breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm his frustration.  Getting worked up wouldn't make this any easier.  ....though a beat might. He threw his arms out once again, but this time, when he did, all sound of the forest stopped.  The chirping of the birds, the whistling of the wind, the rustling of the creatures, all silenced.  The silence was so complete it felt physical.  Rhyme could feel it pressing down on him, as if waiting for something to happen. 

His bottom half gave a quarter turn as his top hair continued to focus.  His foot began to tap and when it did a strong drum beat could be hurt.  After four beats of the drum his hand wavered in the air, and an electric guitar could be heard as well.  He made come complex motions in the air about 20 seconds afterward as all the other instruments came in.  Rhyme muttered the lines softly to himself as he got into the zone. 

Rhyme turned his body straight with his legs as he rose about a foot off the ground.  He threw the kunai once more, knowing he could do it.  His eyes glowed a brilliant yellow with the purple color show darkly through the bright energy.  The first time the lines were dull and hard to see, this time they were bright easy to see. 

The kunai curved upward, high through the trees missing everything within them, and this time, when they were coming down, Rhyme made a blowing motion out of the corner of the mouth toward the hat that was still lying on the ground.  When he did it rose up on an invisible wave of sound into the air where it got hit by all four kunai.

S. is for the simple-ty
At the top of their arch the kunai are whipped down hard by Rhyme. 

E. is for the ecstasy
The kunai hit the four corners of the hat.

X. is to just mark the spot since that is all your care about
The four kunai and the hat land perfectly with the hat atop it, not a mark on it really from the metal in the rim. 

Rhyme smiled as he slowly fell back to the ground as he did a small flip of his head to get his purple locks out of his eyes. 

((S.E.X. By Nickelback))

fudge0604

(( We are in 2009 in Norway! YaY! :D ))

Albus looked at the boy; he was in deep concentration. ~What a weird way to practise...~ He thought to himself, after he finished his move with the kunais and the hat. Feeling curious, he slowly climbed down, branch to branch. The nature was in harmony, the natural sounds were heard, and ignored,
as he focused on what he was going to do; getting down, without landing on his face. ((Nice, I know... ;D ))

Albus was proud of himself, as he landed with perfect elegance. Slowly closing up, he half shouted, " Hello! " In a friendly way, waving as he approached,
with a smile on his face.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Rhyme's eyes widened when the voice spoke.  He spun on his heel a wild look in his eyes form being surprised.  As he spun he reached into this sleeves and pulled out the other six kunai and threw them from where the voice came from.  The blades whistled through the air until Rhyme noticed that it was just a student. 

When he noticed that it was just a kid, he gripped onto the magical strings attached and gripped them hard, stopping the motion in their tracks, which, just happened to be about a foot from the person.  The daggers, losing all their force, hit the ground with a thunk.

Rhyme sighed breathing out and upward, blowing the locks of his purple hair up for a moment before they fell back down over his eyes in a slightly different formation.   

"You know you could have just been punctured by six kunai and who knows how many other sharp objects if I deemed you to be of any great threat?" Rhyme said, slightly frustrated for being interrupted. 

He was frustrated because he needed to work harder to get back to the dexterity it took him to control the One Hundred Blades of Death well.  He could still do it, but it would be like a butcher.  It took a lot of mental and physical work to get to where he was back then, when he could take 10 sheets of paper and cut different snowflakes or paper dolls out of them all at the same time.  From the way his sisters described the move, it was like a person trying to play four violins at one time.  It can be done, but it is hard to do it well. 

fudge0604

Albus heaved his hands up in the air, ready to block an attack. In his mind, he sweared; he'd never thought this guy would be so aggravated.

" Umm... Sorry..." Words failed him, as he rambled with 'ums', and 'sorry's. He was desperate, he didn't know what to do.
Some tears filled his eyes, as he turned on his heel, mumbling " Good bye..." With only a mere grunt.
Whilst walking away, he talked to himself frustrated. " Never meant to make him mad... I'm sorry... I didn't want this to happen! "

Rambling apologies to himself, as if he was still standing infront of Rhyme, his mind and eyes delved into the forest, trying to get rid of the desperate feeling inside of him. The feeling of something bad, something known, someone who had appeared twice already.

Chad. Chad Grindlewald, the person after his powers, his life. He was soon coming again, and Albus knew it, and feared the the day, when he might lose Jessie, and everyone else. It would be unbearable, if he lost her, his love of his life.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

((Hey, I am moving this ahead a day since no offence but you wrote me into a corner.  Right now my character would not follow Albus for any reason, not even to apologize for almost killing him.  He feels that he was in the right since he was surprised and he was defending himself))

~~~NEXT DAY~~~

Rhyme clad almost identically as he was when he came the day before, walked along the same path he cleared before.  This time though, in his hand there was a glowing and glittering net of magic and energy.  He worked on this late last night when the other boys in his dorm went to sleep by singing softly under his breath. 

When he got to the open clearing he frowned when he looked at the cloud covered sky.  It looked like rain and he didn't feel like getting soaked in the middle of practice.  It made it hard to grip the kunai correctly and the other thrown weapon he had.  Also, his leather coat wasn't water treated so he would have to hang it by the fire so it wouldn't mold. 

Shaking his head to clear the stray thoughts out of his mind he began to unfold the glittering packet in his hands.  It would have been surprising for anyone watching how much it was compressed.  It went from something able to fit in a persons hand, into something easily able to cover the clearing and then some.  Halfway through the unfold Rhyme had to throw it up in the air and us his powers to unfold it the rest of the way.  Then, with a quick spin, the glittering net flew upward, and settled softly over the trees and the clearing.  This was a large net of trip wires.  It would let out a loud noise if anything.

Rhyme breathed deeply as he pulled his MP3 player from his pocket and began to scroll through it, wondering what he should practice today.  His arms were still a bit sore from the other day.  The kunai weren't hard to move but such the small movements and  fineness it took stressed and tired the small supporter muscles of his arms.  He grinned when he came to a song that he need had a cool three part harmony at the end.  Students saw his duplication on stage before when he did Thnks Fr th Mmrs but he bet that most just thought it was an illusion.  He bet if the person dropped in on him again he would be scared out of his wits when he saw three identical versions of Rhyme standing there. 

Picking the song he just stood there tapping his food and gathering energy from the music itself.  His eyes turned hard when the part he was waiting for was getting close. 

((Rhyme 1--Rhyme 2--Rhyme Original))

"Come back home
Won't you come back home?"

"You step in line
You've got a lot to prove"
Suddenly two other Rhymes appear creating a triangle that slowly rises from the ground.  This part all three sang together creating an eerie harmony. 

"It comes and goes
Yeah, it comes and goes"

"A step in time
Yeah, it's a lot to move"

"I know this will be temporary"
"I know this will be temporary"
"I know this will be, but I've had enough"

(("Can't Take It"~All American Rejects))

fudge0604

(( Long post : P Seems like I'm a good corner writer ! :) IS that even an usable phrase that actually means something?  :P ))

Day after day he went there, the weather didn't matter, he was addicted to the feeling of harmony, the peace inside of the forest. The creatures, the trees, everything looked different, everything was unique in it's own way, always fascinating. The fir needles, softly tickling you while climbing, the soft moss on the ground, lying down on the moist moss, feeling bliss, was so good, he had to do it every day.

A deep feeling, of belonging to one place, to feel like it's home. The forest gave it to him, and he took it, grateful.

Squirrels quattered around from branch to branch, birds departed from the trees, forming a black like cloud to land several metres away.

Walking around with no goal, Albus smiled to himself. Still, he was a bit shaken from yesterday, but he was annoyed at his own stupidity. To walk right into someone, not knowing them, while their doing an intricate technique, who cost them their whole attention span.

~Smart one, Albus...~ Sighing, he looked around, pondering on what to do. Around him, stubs of old trees stood, fresh moist moss covered the ground, and up to the sky magnificent trees soared.

Sitting down to rest his feet, he heard a marvelous voice. It attracted his attention, he couldn't overlook it.

Getting up quickly, he got the dirt of his jeans off, and took off his orange sweater, having a light blue t-shirt under. Taking the sweater around his waist, then knotting it, he felt lightheaded, the 'incident' of yesterday had disappeared in his mind.

Sharpening his senses, he paced slowly towards the hypnotic voice, who turned out to be not one, but three. A blur figure could be seen, nothing more.

As he closed in, he realised that this was the same person he'd bumped into yesterday.
He froze. Standing fifteen metres away, he should be noticed.

Albus gasped. ~THERE ARE FRIGGIN' THREE!~ Paralysed, he stood there, not knowing what to do.

To go over, and apologize, or run away.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Rhyme made a cutting motion with his hands and the music suddenly quit, dropping all three down to the ground and making to fade away with the last echoing note of the music.  If he was in a place with really bad echoing they would last for a decent length of time with him putting no energy into them. 

Rhyme decided to show the person who was there how fast he could move, well, at least with a fun song, it had its slow periods which he had to work on for what to do during them but he would figure something out eventually.  He didn't know exactly where the person was, or who it was, he only heard a gasp. 

He was going to practice speed tomorrow but oh well, now was just as good as any other day.  Yesterday was dexterity, today was reality shifting, tomorrow pure power, he still needed a lot of work with Reality Shifting, it was hard since it needed a lot of power to fuel it any distance beyond his local area.  Cloning was easy, that is what he normally did, destruction with harder but still workable the real hard part was creation out of nothing that doesn't have something to clone it from.  That and keeping the clones there past a yard was hard.  He could clone a dagger easy but if he threw it, it would quickly fade. 

"I am an arms dealer.
Fitting you with weapons in the form of words
And don't really care, which side wins
As long as the room keeps singing
That's just the business I'm in"

Rhyme began singing again, a strong base drum beat in the background.  In his hand appeared in his hand, it was a very sharpened metal version of a musical note, two eighths to be exact.  With a shrug at [business I'm in] he threw it into the air where it faded away leaving a large amount of paper hanging from the ribbons laced above. 

"This ain't a scene, it's a god d**n arms race
This ain't a scene, it's a god d**n arms race
This ain't a scene, it's a god d**n arms race
I'm not a shoulder to cry on, but I digress"

At each of the heavy base beats a dagger came from his sleeve and hung in the air, waiting for something.  He beat the air with his fist splaying his fingers each time as if sticking the dagger there himself.  Four to his left, four to his right, four above him.  On the last line, it got eerily slow, like the calm before a store.  There was a dagger, slightly longer then normal in each hand his muscles tense.   

"I'm a leading man
And the lies I weave are, oh so intricate, oh so intricate
I'm a leading man
And the lies I weave are, oh so intricate, oh so intricate"

Then, the d**n broke, and Rhyme vanished suddenly from view, appearing a few feat in the air.  The daggers flew quickly all around him slicing into the paper faster then most people could see.  He then disappeared once again, to appear in another area.  If it wasn't for his practice the other day, he would have most likely cut himself.  He was moving incredibly fast, the energy from the music fueling his muscles and letting him move that speed.  At the end of that sort section he appeared back on the ground breathing hard as paper square, dolls, and snowflakes fell around him graceful in the gales he made from his quick movement. 

(("This Aint a Scene It's an Arms Race"  Fall Out Boy))