News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Wrong Time to Use Harry Potter Quotes

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, January 1, 2009, 02:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblet_fulla_fire

Make up a situation in which using a Harry Potter movie quote would be humorous, inappropriate, or flat-wrong.
First here is a link that in itself links to all the HP movies that came out so far.
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Harry+Potter&x=0&y=0
Choose a movie, click on memorable quotes which is on the left, and you can use that as your source for the quotes.

Allow me to begin.

A mother is introducing you to her newborn baby and you say, "That thing has a name!?"

Your friend Harry is about to jump down a very steep cliff and you say, "You'll be okay Harry. You're a great wizard."

During a royal and pleasant dinner with your familiy, you shout, "TROLL IN THE DUNGEONS!"

You receive a call from your mom and dad after staying with your uncle for a week, and you yell at your uncle, "You told me my parents died in a car crash!"

During a test, your friend Harry asks you what the answer is to question seven, you reply, "Love Harry, love."

During a test, you ask a friend what the answer is to number three and he says "36", then you yell, "36!? But last year I got 37!"

A man is about to jump off a building, attracting a large crowd and police. Right after he jumps, you say, "Windardium Leviosa!"

You are at lunch and you don't have anything to eat. A friend offers you some of his food. You shake your head and say, "Unicorn blood can sustain me!"
I am a dog.

Miss Xantier

Goblet, sadly this is in the wrong area. Put this in Other Books & Movies. Please, or next time, I will report this to the admin.

goblet_fulla_fire

Quote from: Miss Xantier on January  1, 2009, 11:41:19 AM
Goblet, sadly this is in the wrong area. Put this in Other Books & Movies. Please, or next time, I will report this to the admin.
You've got to be kidding me.

First of all, this is a thread RELEVANT to the HARRY POTTER MOVIES, and it is located in the HARRY POTTER MOVIES board.

And you are suggesting that this thread, again that is about the HARRY POTTER MOVIES to be moved from HARRY POTTER MOVIES to OTHER BOOKS & MOVIES, the board that clearly is about OTHER BOOKS & MOVIES that isn't about Harry Potter? And you're warning ME that you'll report me to admin when currently 14 out of the 20 topics of the board OTHER BOOKS & MOVIES have absolutely NOTHING to do with OTHER BOOKS & MOVIES?

Go ahead and report me to admin and let's see what he thinks.
I am a dog.

Sky

No offense to you Xantier, but you are a rookie. I think that a member that's been here for years knows what he is doing.

Miss Xantier

ITS A GAME! WHICH GOES INTO THE BOARD...

Dobby_ROX

Seriously Isabelle you crack me up. WTF this is clearly the right area and stop telling pepole of it is a Harry Potter movie related thread of making things up.

Ginny Weasly

It's in the right place.

A wrong time to use a Harry Potter quote...

Well...I don't have a quote, but this goes along with it..

You just saw someone die, your first thing to say is, "Cool, now I can see thestrals!"
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

Time to stick my nose into this crap.

1) Bucky, watch your language. You used an abbrevation, but still, the meaning of it is cursing.

2) Isabelle, your a newbie. Do you actually think that you have every right to blame the oldies, when they do nothing wrong?
Your going against someone much more literate and smarter than you, just because he offended the tiny piece you call your intelligence.

3) Let us oldies handtle things. Just now, because you claimed that he had wrong posted something, and threatening to tell admin, you just got a number of oldies, not so close anymore. Think before you post, about what you acclaim members to do. The older members, usually know what they're doing. ( I'm not saying that what they say is always right, but they know the site, the rules, what acceptab e or not, better than the newbies.)

If you have any other objections, leave them behind, you wont gain anything by saying them.

Take a nice long lookie.http://www.harrypotterfan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4203.0

Post Potter depression.

goblet_fulla_fire

Quote from: Miss Xantier on January  1, 2009, 02:34:19 PM
ITS A GAME! WHICH GOES INTO THE BOARD...
From what I can tell from your post, seeing as this is a game you think that it must go into the board where most of the games are which is Other Books and Movies. Seeing as that board is NOT a board for games or fast threads as I like to call them, moving my topic there would still negate the board's proper terms of usage. Just because all of the game threads are there, doesn't mean that all of the game threads HAVE to go there (even though they shouldn't anyway, but I'm not threatening to report them to admin.)

Even if somehow someone created loopholes in logic (or whatever) and this thread WAS in the wrong board, lighten up. Word association game is in the Slytherin board. And no matter how much Kiara wants it to be, that thread doesn't belong there. Would I make a case about it? No, it doesn't bother me. Even if it did, I still wouldn't say anything. Would I make a case about it if she repeatedly kept making the same kind of thread in the board meant for RPing? Yes I would. I'd do the same thing to any member on this website no matter how many posts they had or how long they have stayed here.

Now since I would rather have this thread up for hilarity rather than have it reserved for an argument, Xantier, I request that you either contribute to this thread, make a post admitting you are wrong, or refrain from posting again (just in this thread mind you.) If you choose to refute me or anyone else, I feel that this thread would just generate needless anger for both sides (with the exception of me as far as I know. I make a point to keep calm.)
I am a dog.

goblet_fulla_fire

You are visiting an Alzheimer's patient, and you say, "The memory charm backfired!"

Your friend talks to a waiter in French, and you say, "You're a parselmouth! Why didn't you tell us?"

A house is on fire. A guy in flames runs out screaming. You say to your friend, "Pity you had to see him on a burning day."

Your boss comes to you and tells you that you are fired, you reply, "Dobby is... free!"
I am a dog.

Miss Xantier

You beat your grandpa at checkers and you say "You've lost, old man!"

Dobby_ROX

QuoteTime to stick my nose into this crap.

1) Bucky, watch your language. You used an abbrevation, but still, the meaning of it is cursing.
(I'm sorry I'm not fighting with you Albus but I'm pretty sure 'Crap' is worse than WTF but I'm not angry I just found that rather amusing)).

fudge0604

Crap, can mean several things, changing on what matters you use it. WTF, means, What the f**k. Crap, can mean something like dangit, and, something like a mess, or actually excrement from any kind of animal species.

But, let's return to the sake of this topic, Wrong time to use Harry Potter quotes! :)

Post Potter depression.

Dobby_ROX

You see a little baby taking it's first steps and you say to it "I fell sorry for you, you will never knoe love".

You see a guy in a Santa suit making a big impressive burp when your mate that is watching next to you says "You gotta admit it Dumbledore's got style".