News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

-Forced to Shop-

Started by potter_fan122, January 4, 2009, 07:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobby888

Leah sighed, "Oh Stacey... you look beautiful!" Leah giggled.  "Can you believe it?  You're getting married!"

potter_fan122

Stacey beamed at Leah. "I know, I can`t believe it." She sighed softly. "But I can`t wait." She said dreamily.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

dobby888

"Me either!" Leah sighed, "You're going to look so beautiful, walking down the aisle, towards your groom... your soon to be husband!" Leah pretended to paint the image in front of her.

Miss Xantier

"That's a good dress, Leah. And pretty image. Oh sooooo pretty image." says Isabelle singing the last sentence, and she giggled, she couldn't wait for Stacey's wedding, and she remembered that day before her and Bucky had canceled their wedding. She remember getting engaged in Hawaii, she could easily remember Bucky kneeling down on his knee and asking her hand in marriage. Isabelle smiled at that memory.

(Is this better writing?)

dobby888

((Well, I don't know who you're asking, but I'll go ahead and put in my 2 cents anyhow.  It was a good length, having two of those paragraphs is ideal, but as you can see, that doesn't happen often.  It should have been "Oh such a pretty image."  Some people also get mad if you drag out words, like you did in the word so.  Instead of "says" you should use "said".  It makes your writing seem much better.  The sentence after the quote was a run on, I believe.  Don't let the commas fool you into thinking they make it an ok sentence. You could probably make a new paragraph when you start talking about your memory, and then you could expand on that memory a little more.

Otherwise, it's good... it gets easier to write more and to write better the longer you stay here.  I'm ashamed to look back at my first posts, but now I can write better and longer (if I want).))

Leah had begun to daydream about the wedding, and as she did, her mind opened to the thoughts of those around her, without a conscious command to do so.  She came across Isabelle's train of thought and the emotions laced within it.  She probed her mind slightly to gain more information, and then left Isabelle's thoughts in peace. 

She smiled at the girl, knowing what had happened.  Did Isabelle know that Leah had read her mind?  It was possible, but in order to find out, Leah would just have to wait and see.