News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Hermione's Secret Diary-Year 4

Started by Lily_Evans, April 19, 2003, 02:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

Lily_Evans

October 23

They're coming! They're coming next week! d**n, this is going to be cool – I can't believe how lucky I am to be here for the first Triwizard Tournament in two hundred and something years – Hermione knows exactly how many, I can't remember – Harry and I are going to enter if we can think of a way to confuse the "impartial judge" into thinking we're seventeen. We've done a million dangerous things. We got out of the Chamber of Secrets, we got past the enchantments on the Sorcerer's Stone, we got away from Aragog – my mind still won't let me think about that night. Bloody Hagrid. "Follow the spiders." He's a madman. Spiders, skrewts, dragon eggs, hippogriffs and Fang – that's all I have to say about Hagrid. But it was great when he reminded Malfoy about the ferret thing in class.

I wonder who the impartial judge is going to be, though? If it's Fudge, Harry's got it made – he loves Harry. But I won't get to enter – my dad's at the Ministry and Fudge'll be worried about getting him in trouble or something. If it's... well who could it be? Who do we know that's impartial? Moody? Nah. I don't know.

And I wonder who the Hogwarts champion'll be? Even if I get myself submitted, it probably won't be me – or Harry for that matter. We're brave enough all right, but we're not up to scratch on all the curses and blocks and transfigurings and charms. I hope Fred and George get to enter and get a crack at the winnings. Or at least a Gryffindor. Angelina Johnson's been saying she might. She could get it, I guess. But it definitely should NOT be that pretty idiot, Diggory. Can't believe Hermione – she's always right there to defend the handsome ones. Got her back for that, though. Gave her the fake cough. "Lockhart!" She looked mad, too – bet she wasn't expecting that. What? Does she think I'm going to forget that she acted like such a GIRL? She was worse than Ginny used to be with Harry, seriously, it made me sick to my stomach.

Ginny hasn't said anything about Harry in awhile, actually. Bet she's grown out of it, or something.

What?! What's her problem? Why –

Well that was totally out of the blue. Hermione just slammed that diary of hers, got up, looked at me like I'd smacked her or something, and I swear she was crying. I said, "What? What's the matter? What did I do?" And then she made this weird sound with her mouth shut, and ran for it, up to the girls' dormitory.

She's a nut.

Lily_Evans

October 29

Hi Gwen – you should see this castle. It's squeaky clean. The whole staff is tied up in knots – everybody wants Hogwarts to make a good impression on the other schools – after all, it's been over two hundred years since we've hosted this tournament. Even knowing that the elves have been put to beastly use in getting this place spic and span, and knowing that they're going to have to cook extra for our guests, I still can't help feeling a sense of school loyalty – I hope the delegates see how amazing Hogwarts is. After all, we are the best school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world. And we are going to win the Triwizard Tournament. It's such a nice feeling, standing up for Hogwarts – like patriotism! It'll be so interesting to see everybody here get behind one champion, instead of going at each other house to house, the way we do in Quidditch (although, of course, I'll be twice as excited if the champion is a Gryffindor!) If only the elves were paid a fair salary, I could be one hundred percent proud of this place....

Oh, but guess what? I've got five new members of S.P.E.W. – Colin Creevey and his little brother Dennis finally bought badges (Fred and George said I bullied them into it, but I certainly did not! I just didn't let up on them.) And Eloise Midgen bought one – she's really nice, and that bubotuber pus is doing her acne a lot of good. She looks loads better lately. We had a nice talk, she agrees with most everything I have to say about the elves and she doesn't even mind wearing the badge! Justin Finch-Fletchley and Hannah Abbott both bought badges, too! I didn't see them wearing them in Care of Magical Creatures the other day, but... well.... I'm trying to let go of the badges. As long as people are listening, and helping fund the leaflets.... I don't know, is that enough?

Yes. It's a very good beginning. Awareness is the first step toward change.

Well then I'm doing very well, because everyone is aware. I haven't stopped giving mealtime reminders, and I still have a sign on my bed so the elves won't put warmers in it – although I admit I want to cave in on that one. The temperature dropped pretty severely this week, it's rather cold in the dorms. But I won't let the elves warm my bed. I'll learn a charm to do it.

Just don't set the dorm on fire.

Please, Gwen, this is me we're talking about. When have I ever botched a charm that badly? Anyway, the important thing is, I haven't given up, and who knows? Maybe I'll even get a chance to talk to some of the foreign students about it. This could be an opportunity for international awareness.

It could, at that. Hermione.... I was wondering... did you give any thought to what we talked about the other day?

Yes.

Because I wanted to apologize. It was not my right to say all that; it was impatient of me – I'm so sorry if I upset you.

No, you didn't upset me. And you don't have to apologize! Really, Gwen, I'll always want your opinion, even if it's dead wrong.

Wrong...

Yes, I've thought about all the things you said, and I've observed Ron through the week, and I've gone back through you and read over all the times when.... when it may have seemed that he... But he doesn't. It's complete conjecture, subject to interpretation. And my interpretation is this – Ron Weasley doesn't have the first clue about anything. Therefore, I give up.

You give up what?

The whole thing. It's ridiculous anyway. What on earth did I think was going to happen? Nothing is going to happen. And I wouldn't want it to, honestly, I don't know if it would really be a good idea. So I went and had a talk with Ginny, and we decided that there has to be an off-switch someplace, and we're both going to find it, and forget about all of this stupidity.

An off-switch?

I'm sure. I can't just go around feeling everything. I must have some control over that, after all, it's my brain and my body and my heart that are doing the feeling, so I can shut it off. I just haven't tried hard enough. And plus, I don't want to ruin my friendship with Ron, I really don't! It's too nice the way it is – being with him and Harry is easy and comfortable, and I don't want to make it awkward and funny. How awful that would be. Don't you think?

I think that this is entirely your decision to make. You go on and see if you can't shut it off. And if you manage, please, by all means, come and tell me how it's done.

Fine, I will. And now, Gwen, I have to go and study.

Of course. Goodnight.

Goodnight.

jellykellylime

AAAAHHHHHHH YOU STOPPPED!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU MAD?
  keep going keep going

You torture me!   GOGOGOGOGOGO

This is absolutely excellent you cant stop when you have me on the edge of my computer chair!
If this text is supposed to be personal, why would I display it to the general public?
  THE BEATLES ROCK

__Ms.Evans__

Just for that, I must continue for you unless you will do it for me!! That was soo good! I almost believed it was a real story!! Pleeasssee gogoggogogogo!! :'(
Life is like a bird that cannot fly.
For if you give up on your dreams, your life will die.
Can we help giving up our dreams?
We're not sure because no thing's what it seems.
That's the point of it all though.
We must concour challenges to do so. ~__Ms.Evans__

Miss Xantier

The story can't be continued because it was 6 years ago. So just to leave you off with a warning, don't post in old topics. I just thought I would tell ya, before others. They can be harsh, but don't take it a wrong way.

~ Isabelle Xantier