News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Last class ((open, but follow along or I'll kick you out))

Started by Ginny Weasly, January 18, 2009, 03:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

Ginny was 7 month pregnant, which meant it was time for her last class. She wasn't really looking forward to it, having to explain to the classes what would happen for their last few months of school until summer began. They had already complained so much about her having to leave, it seemed as though none of them had given even one iota of thought about how important this was to her.

This baby was more important to her than any of them would ever realize. It symbolized her and Xaver's relationship, as well as their small family, becoming whole. But these students wouldn't understand that. Actually, they couldn't. They were just kids, after all.

She had understood at that age, but she had been different. Something about growing up as fast as she had. By the time she was thirteen, she had killed more people than any of them could count. That's why she had gotten married so young, she;d needed to shoulder the responsibility caused from her killing the previous dictator. But her husband hadn't been stable enough to grow up like that. No other child would be able to.

The students disgusted her sometimes, actually. They believed they were old enough to make decisions about their lives and they really had no idea the impact that those decisions would have. They thought that they were in love with their boyfriends and girlfriends they had now, but they hadn't a clue what love took.
Ginny had decided to show them.

The bell rang, and Ginny slowly pushed herself out from behind her desk. She had stood to greet her class every day since she had started teaching them, and it wouldn't stop now, even with the backaches. Besides, when she was sitting down, it was hard to tell she was even pregnant. Where most women became slightly swollen around their faces, her's had stayed thin. The only extension visible on her body was her belly, where the growing baby was patiently waiting. She was still as small as ever, still as young looking as ever.

Students began to file in, and Ginny nodded to each of them. She wasn't smiling, wasn't showing any of them anything but acknowledgment. This wasn't going to be a fun class. In fact, it was going to be rather scary for them.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

Walking slowly down the stairs, Albus came, lightheaded, and happy. It had been a great day, and it was to be finished by a class of Ginny's. He slowly opened the door, he was some of the last to come in.

Back pack resting on one shoulder, he was wearing an orange t-shirt with short arms, with a pair of
of slimming jeans. His hair was a bit ruffled, he'd showered just before he'd gone to bed, and he didn't really care so much how it looked.

Looking over to Ginny whilst he found himself a seat in the middle, he saw her nod, and smiled back, although it didn't seem that she was going to do the same to him.

Putting the backpack on the floor, he fished out a quill, his notebook, and some ink.
He put up today's date into the note book, and what class it was.

Albus looked over to Ginny, noticing how large her stomach had gotten in the past weeks.
It surely wasn't too long till the baby was born.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Jessie walked into the class, her bag slung over her shoulder.  She smiled at Ginny and gave a quick wave, which would look like a twitch if you weren't looking.

She turned to walk to a desk, and saw Albus.  She smiled at him too, but it was a different smile than the one she had given Ginny.  This one had a much deeper meaning. She sat next to him, setting her bag on the floor.

She pulled out a quill and ink, both had small amounts of glitter on them.  She pulled out her notebook, and then arranged herself for comfort.

Ginny Weasly

((From this point on, if you want to join, pretend you've been here all along. For the purpose of the RP, I will do a teensy bit of god-moding.))

Ginny waited until the last seat was filled before she closed the door with a soft click. The entire room fell silent as all eyes lifted to look at their teacher, who walked back towards her desk. She stopped in the middle of the front of the class, easiest place for everyone to see her.

"Put your notebooks away."

Her voice was soft but full of authority. She expected for the students to do as she said with no questions asked. And they did. There was a flutter as the students piled their notebooks and quills back into their bags, a small murmur as they questioned each other. Ginny folded her hands behind her, watching them all as they settled back into their seats.

"As you all know, this is my last class with you for the school year. In just a few months, all of you will be going home for the summer vacation. Usually, I save this kind of thing for the class just before that. But when I leave, this class will become simply another study hall for you."

Ginny ran a hand through her bright red hair, shrugging one shoulder, "They felt they couldn't replace me or my class. Especially since no one has yet been able to figure out how to teach things the way I do."

"Anyway, I decided you are going to learn one of the most important Life Laws."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

"Put your notebooks away."

Jessie heard the command, and instantly followed it.  She grabbed her notebook, quill, and ink, and put them back into their respective places in her bag.  She straightened back up in her chair, and said to the girl next to her, "What's going on?"  The girl shrugged, and so did she.

"In just a few months, all of you will be going home for the summer vacation."

Jessie groaned softly.  She never wanted to go home.  Of course she missed her family, but she would miss all of her friends when she left.

"Anyway, I decided you are going to learn one of the most important Life Laws."

Jessie straightened.  She listened closer, eager for the lesson to begin. 

Ginny Weasly

"I know I talk a lot about the Life Laws. I haven't really explained them to any of you. So let's see what you know about them, ok?"

She narrowed her eyes, "Can anyone tell me what Life Laws are? Can anyone name a few?"

Ginny folded her arms, raising one eyebrow. She didn't expect them to be able to answer either questions, and if they could answer her, she'd be surprised. She leaned against the desk, standing too long hurt her feet. After all, she was carrying a few extra pounds, and he body wasn't quite used to it.

The students shifted uncomfortably, all of them looking at each other. They weren't sure what to say, no one wanted to be wrong. Their teacher didn't seem to be in a good mood. They had no clue what to do.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

Jessie scoured her brain for an answer, but came up short.  She looked around the room, and it seemed that the rest of the students were lost for the answer as well.  On a typical day, Jessie wouldn't mind being wrong, but Ginny seemed different today, so she didn't risk it.

fudge0604

Albus smiled, he didn't even bother to search his mind. He didn't know any of the life laws.
Shifting, he fixed his clothes, checked his hair for an antenna, and looked up at Ginny, waiting for the explanation. Feeling hungry, he opened his backpack and took out an orange.

Starting to peel it, he stuck in a nail, making a rift. Starting to peel it, he put the rest on the table.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Rhymed pulled the headphones off his head, pushing them back behind him onto the back of his neck as he slowly raised his hand.  Even with the music gone it was always running through his mind.  You could take away his hearing and he would still have the music there, it was a part of him and would only die when he did. 

Being brought up in the forest with a mother still stuck far in the old ways of magic made certain lessons hold true.  The teacher could have meant something totally different but to him it sounded basically simple. 

"Laws that govern the basics of life.  The Law of Death, the Law of Birth and Rebirth.  The Laws of Making and Unmaking and many of the lesser laws that tell us what can and cannot happen naturally in nature and where we really shouldn't tread on our own, even with magic?" his voice was slightly confident but still had a tinge of uncertainty.

He was always insecure when asking questions after his father beating him whenever he got something wrong, which for him was fairly often.  He never got the strict rules of the newer magics, such how if you state a spell one way, this happens, or this way another thing happens.  He loved how older magic, as long as your intentions were true and in line, what you wanted would occur. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Ginny Weasly

Ginny nodded, "Good guess, Rhyme. He got a few of them wrong, but he's got the idea. They are laws that govern life. Birth, death, love, creating, destroying. And he's also right about not treading into those places on our own."

She paused, narrowing her eyes before snapping her fingers. Albus's orange rose from his hand, high into the air near he twenty foot ceiling and spun in place for a moment before bursting into millions of little specks.
"Albus, pay attention."

She refocused on the subject at hand.
"These laws are all in place to make sure that the other laws can take place. You are born to love, to recreate, to destroy, and to die."

Ginny looked increasingly tired as she scanned the room, frowning with what seemed a small amount of anger. The students hadn't done anything wrong, they had nothing to fear.
Nonetheless...

"The Life Law I am going to expand upon today is the Law of Love."
She folded her arms, raising an eyebrow.
"How many of you can define that word for me?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

Albus felt embarrassed, as the orange rose to the air. His cheeks going a slight blue, he fixed his eyes on Ginny, listening closely on what Rhyme and she said. Not wanting to deal his thoughts about his embarrassedment, his mind was blank; not wanting to share what he thought with Ginny, and all many of
the others in the room.

Remaining silent, he didn't feel like answering.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Rhyme smirked as he remembered back to the song he played in the forest a few days ago.  Love my be a lost art in this day an age but the thing his sound talked about sure was still around.  He decided to share with the class something...tamer.  It was a bit sugary for his taste, but most love songs were. 

His eyes moved down to the mp3 player in his pocket as he focused on his headphones with his mind, spreading the effect a bit to the room.  It put a decent strain on his mind since his body had to supply the extra energy to move the air to create the music.  With a tiny hardly noticeable twitch of his finger, music began to play. 

When the night won't fall and the sun won't rise
And you see the best as you close your eyes
When you reach the top as you bottom out
But you understand what it's all about

Nothing's ever what it seems
In your life or in your dreams
It don't make sense, what can you do
So I won't try makin' sense of you

Love just is... whatever it may be
Love just is... you and me
Nothing less and nothing more
I don't know what I love you for... love just is[/i]

At the end of the first chorus he let go of the supply of energy and the music cut out.  He was tired from projecting the music for even that short period of time.  It was much easier when the made the music himself or if it was made naturally, that was easy to amplify and change even, electrically recorded stuff...that was hard.  It was even slightly annoying to get it to play at all here with all the enchantments around the dang school. 

He tried to keep his face straight during the event but he figured it would be traced back to the person with headphones around his neck anyway and couldn't help letting a small smirk escape. 

(("Love Just Is" Hilary Duff  Note:  I didn't think of this song off hand, got to credit to a friend from TMA for that.  You rock Liz!))
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Ginny Weasly

Ginny frowned as the music began playing and she zeroed in on Rhyme.
"You make a point, Rhyme. But next time, raise you hand."

Her frustration with this class was growing quickly, and now she stood with her hands on her hips facing them.
"How many of you even heard the question? Or are you all too busy off in la-la land to even pay attention?"

Her voice was raising steadily, "Will someone define love for me? And raise your hands!"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

Jessie knawed on her bottom lip.  Whenever Ginny was angry, it scared her. She knew she wasn't the only one that was scared of Ginny, so that helped a little.

Jessie raised her hand, shyly.  She hoped her hand wasn't shaking, but if it wasn't it would be soon.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny's dark eyes rested on Jessie for a moment before she nodded.
"Let's hear it."

The fact of the matter was, Ginny doubted any of them would give a correct answer. But she needed to understand how they thought about love before she taught them the truth. The truth was complex, and she had a feeling that only a few of the students would understand her explanation. But she had to try. This would be the last time she was their teacher.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret