News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Broken Glass (OPEN!)

Started by ~Harry Potter~, April 16, 2009, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Harry Potter~

((Disturbia--Rihanna))

Artemis didn't notice Ginny's arrival since he tended to tune out during classes, way to boring and he could always access the information later when he was bored.   He cracked his neck but as he did strange and out of tune piano notes could be heard.  He cracked his fingers and stretched to the same creepy sounds. 

Then, he stopped and started to tap his foot.  As he did, each tap brought his power more and more forward.  The area around him even began to waver and falter.  It looked like a very hot day if the town was painted all black.  It wasn't his power though, or the strength of it.  He was warping reality itself in a short range around him.  Each beat got stronger and soon the singers from the song could be heard.  Also with each beat the wavering got closer to the Aurors. 

What's wrong with me?
Why do I feel like this?
I'm going crazy now

As the singers sang, Rhyme ran his fingers through his hair as he bent over, appearing as if he had a bad headache or some other pain.  The move was not this though, it just fit with the music, and both Artemis and Rhyme were artists at heart. 

No more gas, in the red, can't even get it started
Nothing heard, nothing said, can't even speak about it
On my life, on my head, don't wanna think about it
Feels like I'm going insane, yeah

It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you
A disease of the mind, it can control you
It's too close for comfort

He stayed frozen in a position after the first stanza as the men and women stared oddly at him, not sure how to take it.  They had no idea what was about to happen.  Then, suddenly at the end of the second stanza he vanished.  He couldn't have appearorated since he was much too young.  That and he didn't appear to even have a wand.

Suddenly, on the exact words of the third stanza, Artemis appeared behind a woman and grabbed her around the neck before disappearing again.  She only had a time to utter a small squeak of a gasp before she was gone.  She appeared across the street a few moments later grasping at a stab wound on her side.  It didn't look as bad as it was.  If she weren't taken to a hospital in a few hours she would easily bleed out internally. 

The remaining Ministry personal looked at her amazed and afraid.  They never saw someone who could do that before.  He moved without being seen.  He either cloaked himself or moved too fast to be seen.  This was neither.  He controlled space in this small area.  He could move through it as he wished.  Normal Rhyme would never be able to warp this much, or if he did he would most likely be dead afterwards.  They quickly moved into a circle their eyes aflame with fright wondering where the next attack would come from. 

Put on your pretty lies, you're in the city of wonder
Ain't gon' play nice, watch out you might just go under
Better think twice, your train of thought will be altered
So if you must falter be wise

Your mind's in disturbia, it's like the darkness is light
Disturbia, am I scaring you tonight?
Disturbia, ain't used to what you like
Disturbia, disturbia

Artemis appeared at random points all around them as the music played.  Making them jump and fire a stray blast at him.  He was always long gone before it got to him.  The music well described what was going on.  This was a city of wonder right now, Artemis controlled everything in the small bubble of his control.  On the line, "you might go under" the ground beneath the group suddenly turned water making them gasp and sputter as they swam for the edge and pulled themselves out.  He kept appeared as he worked though.  He wondered if he could make one of them go insane without landing a hand on them. 

Faded pictures on the wall, it's like they talking to me
Disconnecting on calls, the phone don't even ring
I gotta get out or figure this sh** out
It's too close for comfort, oh

Suddenly the one remaining woman in the group found herself oddly singing along.  She couldn't control it.  She sang the last two lines of the stanza.  The others stared at her amazed as she collapsed afterward in fright.  It was exactly what they all were thinking though, they had to get out. 

It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you
A disease of the mind it can control you
I feel like a monster, oh

The group went running for the nearest side street to suddenly find Artemis in front of them.  On the first line he kicked a guy in the chest, breaking the sterna and sending him into a wall  On the second mound of earth emerged from the ground, acting much like a liquid.  He covered a man and dragged him into the ground.  He wasn't kill though it looked like he was.  Artemis didn't feel like killing anyone just yet, though the thought that he have would freak the two remaining guys out even more. 

He grinned evil on the third line as the pair looked even more scared.  The third described mind control and the stared at each other waiting for it to happen but it never did.  He already controlled a person slightly, he didn't need to do it again, it was an old trick.  When they looked back though the found Artemis gone but their escape route bricked closed. 

Your mind's in disturbia, it's like the darkness is light
Disturbia, disturbia, disturbia

The two remaining men went back to back, their eyes darting around trying to see where the next attack came from.  None came though, Artemis stayed hidden and didn't attack.  He chose to let them stew a bit.  Also the song was starting to sap a bit of his powers. 

Release me from this curse I'm in
Trying to maintain but I'm struggling
If you can't go-o-o
I think I'm gonna ah, ah, ah, ah

Suddenly a new voice came.  One from Artemis himself though he couldn't be seen.  It was the voice Rhyme normally chose to use in Hogwarts.  The warped reality let him come partly out of repression.  He wouldn't be able to last for long though.  Only the lyrics about entrapment let him.  Soon as those lyrics ending Artemis emerged once again.  He wasn't giving up his old now, he never knew how much fun the real world could be. 

Artemis came extremely close to the men even running his thin fingers along on of the guys cheeks which made him jump a few feet into the ground in fright.  They couldn't really see the kid, only with blurs.  The wavering in the area was starting to slow down and reduce.  The song was ending and with it, the warping of reality. 

Disturbia, it's like the darkness is light
Disturbia, disturbia

With the end of the song Artemis appeared clearly once more and throw both hands out at the two remaining men.  From his hand came jet-black ribbons of energy, the total opposite of Rhymes cheerful yellow.  They wrapped themselves around the two remaining guys and cinched tight, breaking a few of their ribs.  They groaned in pain as the ribbons pulled them up and hung them upside down from a piece of a broken building. 

With the end of the song Artemis gave a bow.  He also gave Stacy a flirtatious wink believing she might have liked his strong show of force. 

((Sorry for any misspelling and such, too much was being caught from the lyrics.  Also, might have changed lyrics slightly from the spell check doing two changes at once...mouse is acting up.  Not sure what was 'corrected'  I apologize if it was part of the song. ))
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Ginny Weasly

"Sh!t."

Ginny was hardly ever wrong. In fact, she took pride in her ability to read situations and come up with the appropriate next move. But she had indeed been wrong here, and that made her angry.
She began to run as the music started, knowing without really knowing what was going to happen. Unfortunately, she had yet again underestimated Rhyme. Or whomever he was at the moment.
She watched the chaos he cause with grim thoughts of her own, not attempting to stop it until she got a good reading on his abilities.

"That's enough."
Her quiet voice was suddenly only a few feet behind the one who was now called Artemis, her body connected to it. The pretty 21 year old frowned at him, shaking her head slowly.
"You've cause enough damage for one afternoon, I believe."

The authority in her voice was unmistakable. If whomever this was chose not to obey her, she would force him to. She didn't look like it, but she was string. Magically, mentally, and physically.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

Jessie flattened herself to the alley wall as the song started.  She grabbed the girl and went farther into the alley, crouching over the girl.   She heard the destruction all around. Her arms were wrapped around the little girl, and they crouched in the corner of the alleyway. The girl whimpered, and Jessie urged her to be quiet.

What had happened to Stacey?  Was she hurt?  She had been right in the middle of all the destruction, so how could she have escaped?  She wanted to go and check on her, make sure she was alright, but she knew that it would be impossible.

potter_fan122

Stacey let out a long sigh of a breath. She was aware of everything. Of Rhyme moving around. His thoughts. Ginny running towards them. Her thoughts. Jessie in the alley with the child. Both of their thoughts. All of the Aurors` thoughts. Everything. It swarmed around her like bees. Everything was silent, but yet so loud. Suddenly everything was so slow.

She was only barely aware of Rhyme`s movement, of his attacks, even though she felt the pain as if he had stabbed her instead. She breathed in and out deeply through her mouth, her exhales coming out in long gasps. She heard the song, then Ginny`s voice, and then she was only aware of her own heartbeat pounding in her ears.

She saw people moving. Thump. Thump. Thump. They were screaming. Thump. Thump. Thump. She saw Rhyme, and the whole scene played out again in her mind. Thump. Thump. The senses hit her like a sudden burst of wind had decided to blow them all her way and she fell to her knees with her hands over her ears.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

dobby888

Jessie looked back to check on the girl, and then when she looked out again, Stacey was on the ground covering her ears.  She turned to the little girl.  "Stay here!" She said, looking into the girl's eyes.   The girl nodded, and Jessie stood.

She ran out, staying as close to the walls as she could.  She too started to become overwhelmed with feeling, but she knew that she had to get to Stacey and that drove her forward.  She made her way to Stacey and crouched down beside her.

"Come with me!" She urged, touching Stacey's arm.

~Harry Potter~

Artemis grinned evilly though Ginny could not see much of it from her position behind him.  He let both hands fall to his sides but as he did, the one closest to Ginny though, let loose a dagger into his hand.  It was hidden for now but would soon be sent right at Ginny. 

"Ah, nice to finally meet you in person professor.  Though I think you got more things to worry about right now then just me.  That one woman over there will bleed out in..." he paused looking at his watch in the other arm.  "I would say about six hours.  And it looks like your pupil, what was her name...Sandy I think appeared to be on the edge of a mental breakdown.  Though I must agree, I do think I caused enough carnage here.  It was quite fun though, know of any other towns in this area that need a good run around?  Maybe they will have a more challenging police department.

Artemis took the dagger in his hand and while he talked he started to clean the dirt out from under his fingernails.  After he finished the first time through with one hand, he held it out in front of him and looked at them, not deeming them clean enough went back at them with the knife.  He did the same with the other hand, appearing quite bored and unafraid of the fiery haired woman. 

Ginny Weasly

Ginny waved a hand absently in the Ministry woman's direction, almost smiling at the thought of her bleeding out.
"Her future is of no concern of mine." She seemed amused by the idea.

"And as for Stacey, she'll be fine. She's got to toughen up sometime, wouldn't you agree?" The red haired ex-teacher's small smile turned to a frown, and she folded her arms. She looked even younger when seemingly hugging herself, and one could see why Artemis had no fear of her. She looked absolutely harmless.

"You know who I am. Who are you, child?"
She used 'child' for him as a challenge. To show she thought nothing of him or his attempts to throw her off kilter by seemingly being innocent about the dagger in his hand. She watched it out of the corner of her eye, never really looking at it.
She was smarter than he gave her credit for.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

~Harry Potter~

Artemis ignored the child comment, letting it glide off his back.  There was really nothing he could say back to it.  He was still a child, he didn't act like it, but he was still young.  Why try and fight and act like an idiot.  He always hated those people who yelled and yelled without saying anything.  Their father did it a lot. 

"I am Artemis and just like I told Sammy there, I am a good friend of Rhyme.  Think of me as his body guard of sorts.  I always end up doing the stuff he can't.  But I must give you more credit now, you are wonderfully ruthless.  In another age I bet we could have created much carnage and mayhem together."

In the hand opposite the one still holding the dagger he closed then opened his hand.  When he did a mass of interweaving strings appeared, looking like a complex piece of half done weaving. 

"Interesting isn't it?  How a single change of a thread of life, can make two people enemies.  If the one thread wasn't knotted, or wasn't cut.  Quite amazing if you think about it, but an utter quagmire if you think too deeply." 

He closed that hand once more and reopened it, the strings now gone.  Even he wouldn't dare trying to mess with the skein of life.  That would be a guarantied death wish.  Whatever was up there, no matter how calm or how ruthless, would not want a simple mortal dealing with something that strong. 

Ginny Weasly

"I know better than others how a single thread can change everything."

Ginny had been involved in Time too many times. She'd been one of the few told to protect it. And she was of the fewer to get away with changing it. She should have been imprisoned for life, or even put to death. But she had been given a free pass, so to speak. Only because the new future had turned out better for the entirety of mankind.

She waved a hand, though, dismissing his other comment about how they could have cause much carnage together. She'd caused her own carnage, and suffered every day for it. She wouldn't let the boy in front of her see that.

"Artemis, I believe it is time for you to leave."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey gasped silently, closing her eyes tightly and opening them again. Everything was so loud. She couldn`t stand it her hands trembled over her ears; she might as well have been doing a Russian tango because having her hands over her ears wasn`t helping anything.

She reached forward to put her hands against the cool, wet surface that made up the ground. She closed ehr eyes again. Close your mind. She thought to herself. Close it. She balled her hands into fists and she pushed with her mind. She slowly built a wall in her mind-- brick by brick. As the wall got higher, it got more quiet. As the wall was finished, she could only hear her own mind. She sighed in relief and opened her eyes.

The scene in front of her had changed slightly. It seemed closer to something big-- something dangerous.

dobby888

"Stacey, are you alright?"  Jessie asked, still crouching next to Stacey.  She wanted to make sure her friend was alright.  It had looked as though Stacey had been trying very hard to achieve something.  Something very difficult.  She looked like she was trying to shut something out, and it didn't want to be shut out.  It must have been something internal, for she didn't seem to be doing anything other than with her mind.

potter_fan122

"I`m fine." Stacey mumbled, pushing herself off of the ground so she was crouching to a ready position. Everything felt tense. When she looked at things, she could practically taste the electricity. From one hand her wand levitated gracefully, looking as if she were barely holding onto it. But her eyes were trained on Rheese.

dobby888

"Well you don't look fine..."   Jessie muttered, looking up at Rheese.  She didn't really know Rheese, but she had a hard time believing that this was how he normally acted.  If it was, Jessie definitely would have heard of him.

~Harry Potter~

((Just to make this clear for other people.  I trust Ginny enough to give her partial control over my characters in her future posts since I have known her long enough to trust her not to go too far.  Normally you cannot do this.))

"My dear professor, I would like to see you try and make me."

His eyes flashed evilly as did his grin.  He was done just talking with this person.  The knife was warm in his hand and it was ready to bit into the soft flesh of a person, any person really.  He glanced at the pair huddled on the street and wondered if Ginny would try and save them if he tried anything. 

I wake up every evening
With a big smile on my face
And it never feels out of place.
And you're still probably working
At a 9 to 5 pace
I wonder how bad that tastes

When you see my face
I hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way
I hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hell

When the music began to play he stared at her.  He knew she knew what was about to happen.  He couldn't warp space again, at least not a large amount of it.  That took a lot of energy and put strain on his mind, he would go crazy...er

On the first part of the second stanza he vanished from normal sight.  He wasn't gone just moving quickly.  On each 'Gives you hell' a dagger was thrown toward Ginny. 

potter_fan122

Stacey gasped and lunged forward, her right hand outstretched. The knife closest to her fell to the ground, useless. The act was completely and instinct. She knew Ginny could take care of herself, but she couldn`t stop something that happened without her thinking.

She flicked her fingers and the knife slid towards her slowly until she pciked it up carefully. She pushed it back to Jessie, but kept her eyes on the scene in front of her. "Keep this." She mumbled. You never know when a sharp knife will come in handly. Her eyes flickered from who she knew as Rheese and her ex-teacher and she coughed softly.

"Excuse me, but if that song is supposed to correspong with you, it doesn`t do it`s job very well." She said, making sure if was loud enough for Rheese to hear. She sat back on her heels, her head tilted slightly. All she was doing was trying to keep him talking, nothing more. She had long noted that if you`re involved in a conversation, you`re less likely to respond to somehting outside the conversation as quickly as you normally would.