News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Broken Glass (OPEN!)

Started by ~Harry Potter~, April 16, 2009, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

((Permisson for power-play has been granted. If you want me to change anything I will.))

The remaining knives seemed to stop mid air about a foot away from Ginny, shivering and shimmering in place before each disappeared into a cloud of smoke. Ginny hadn't even flinched, the only thing that moved was her eyes. She was calculating where each knife came from, and at the last 'give you hell' she herself dissappeared from view.

She'd been fast all her life. Coupled with her psychic techniques and her magical powers, she was even faster than expected. She appeared right in front of where she had predicted Artemis to be, grasping his forearms and stopping him from moving. Her grip was like steel, there was no escaping it, and she smiled at him.

"I don't have to try to make you. I just will. Here's the deal, you bring back Rhyme or I shock you into bringing him back."

A quick burst of sheer magical power transferred from her hands onto his arms where she held him tightly, giving him a painful electrical shock. She tightened her grip even more, stopping the electrical burst and raising an eyebrow.

"Which is it, Artie?"
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

Jessie gripped the knife and stood.  She stayed close to Stacey, even though they could each take care of themselves.  She glanced back to the alley and saw the little girl's head poking around the corner, her eyes wide with wonder.

Bring back Rhyme?  Wasn't Rhyme standing in Ginny's iron grasp?  Jessie started to grasp that someone or something must have taken control of Rhyme's body. She didn't know how that happened, in fact, she hardly knew anything about it.

~Harry Potter~

Artemis yelled out in pain as the electricity went through his body.  When it did his eyes flickered from dark violet to normal and back to dark a few times.  The pain was intense and it went right through his nervous system making it feel like his entire body was in pain. 

"B!tch" he growled between clenched teeth as the music continued to play. 

After the initial shock of the pain went away he scrunched his eyes together as he tried to focus.  He couldn't warp much space, but he could still warp himself.  He stared at his arm where she grabbed hold of it and commanded the molecules to pull apart slightly.  They moved just far enough apart to turn into a thick liquid.  When it did though the pain got much stronger from the increased conductivity.  He fought through the pain and panted from the exertion when he was free. 

Once he did his arm went back to normal as he crouched with his hands on his knees as he tried to regain his breath. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

potter_fan122

Stacey didn`t care that her previosu words hadn`t resulted in action. It had merely been a meek distraction. She watched the scene carefully and her arms raised on their own accord. She could sense it in her mind what she was about to do, and stopped herself. Ginny didn`t need her help. She shouldn`t give it unless she needed it. She was positive that Ginny didn`t need her messing things up.

Si instead she stood slowly. "Jessie, I`m fine. Get back to that little girl. She won`t wait there much longer." That was true, too. The girl was comtemplating running towards Jessie or towards home.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Ginny Weasly

Ginny knelt close to Artemis, grabbing his ear and pulling his face close to her's so she could look him in the eyes.

"Well?" She gave him a moment, her dark eyes searching his before she gave him a sweet pretty smile and let go of his ear. She placed a finger on his forehead and pushed, hard, sending him onto his butt.
Next thing, she was kneeling close to his head, one hand gently on his neck.

"Rhyme, it's time to come back now."
There was no doubt she was a mother. Even with her hand resting gently on his throat, about to choke the breath from him, her voice was soft and warm and caring.

((Again, I can change anything you want me to.))
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

Jessie looked over at the little girl.  She was poised to run, but hadn't yet decided which direction she should run. 

"I guess you're right..."  She said to Stacey, already beginning to walk backwards in the direction of the alley. "You could come too. Things might get ugly again out here." She highly doubted that much more would happen, but there was still the possibility. "You wouldn't want to get in Ginny's way."

She turned, walking back to the alley, letting Stacey decide on her own.  She picked up the little girl, and stood, watching.

~Harry Potter~

Artemis'/Rhyme's eyes began to flash quickly back and forth between the dark shade of purple of Artemis and the lighter purple of Rhyme.  The voice brought back many memories of the foil of the cause of the little issue.  As much as Rhyme's father was horrible, was his mother nice.  She was always nice to everything, from smallest bug to largest creature of the forest.  Her kind influence even helped keep Artemis at bay for much of his life. 

This was enough to pull Rhyme back from the subconscious mind.  With Rhyme though came a huge burst of energy as Artemis tried to repress Rhyme back down. 

"No" he grunted through his teeth "I wasn't done yet"

Then, with a blast of yellow and black energy in the form of ribbons in a spherical shape, the body of Artemis/Rhyme rose into the air letting go strong shockwaves of energy which threw Ginny away though not hard.  As the two minds fought, well more like Artemis fought since Rhyme didn't really notice that he was even there yet, two songs began to play, Hell Song which was still playing from Artemis but Second Chance began to play as well in the background and it started to get stronger and louder, drowning out the other song. 

My eyes are open wide
By the way I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way I'm leaving out today

I just saw Haley's Comet, she waved
Said, "Why are you always running in place?"
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere

Tell my mother, tell my father I've done the best I can
To make them realize this is my life, I hope they understand
I'm not angry, I'm just saying
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Please don't cry one tear for me
I'm not afraid of what I have to say
This is my one and only voice
So listen close, it's only for today

I just saw Haley's Comet, she waved
Said, "Why are you always running in place?"
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere"

Tell my mother, tell my father I've done the best I can
To make them realize this is my life, I hope they understand
I'm not angry, I'm just saying
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Here is my chance
This is my chance

As the song went it got louder or louder, or maybe it just felt that way since Hell Song was getting more and more subdued.  The person's hair began to also turn back to the somewhat normal shade of purple that was Rhyme's.  The energy that was given off was also starting to become less oppressive, as well as the black and yellow energy began to show much more yellow then black.  That little jog of memory was enough to start the dominos going within this child's poor twisted mind.  And instead of like the man beating the girl, this domino was for the better.

Then, with one final blast of energy that was purely Rhyme's the child fell softly to the ground asleep.  All the sound came back to the correct levels and no music could be heard.  The man that was sent under ground emerged a few yards off knocked out but unharmed.  Sadly, the one women's wound was not fake and the other was most likely insane now or tragically emotionally damaged. 

Rhyme just groaned in his sleep as he tried to recover from all the energy that surged through his system and would wake up with a splitting headache and wondering how the town got trashed and where the 6 hours of his day went. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

dobby888

Jessie watched the scene unfold before her eyes.  She watched partially in horror, partially in awe.  She held the girl on her hip, and the girl watched the scene as well, not quite sure what to make of it.

Jessie didn't know much about possessing someone else's body, but she was a fast learner.  It appeared to be a fight of some sort between two people.  She could hear the two songs, one becoming louder than the other.  She could also tell that whoever was yellow was winning.

She decided that each person must have their own color.  As her mind wondered what her color was, she leaned one shoulder against the wall of the alley, her eyes slightly glazed over.