News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Religous beliefs

Started by Dobby_ROX, April 25, 2009, 01:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Religion is so confusing...

dobby888

I agree! I don't see why people fight about it... I believe one thing and you believe another, so what!?  I actually like hearing other peoples ideas on religion and creation... It's interesting.

uglycupcakes

I totally agree with you..
Nobodies gonna change their belifs anyway.. so why even argue.. although i'm a firm beliver in the whole 'Coexist but never compromise christ thing"

dobby888

Oh yeah totally! My sister has a t-shirt that says Coexist... I love it! And each letter is like a symbol... like the Jewish star...
I think that people need to have more respect for others' beliefs.

uglycupcakes

yup. that was the thing i was thinking off.. here. i'll gett a picture.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~thyliasm/coexist.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        Check it.

dobby888

mhm... I love it! I really want a shirt or something! I think it'd be awesome to speak out like that, because not a ton of people have heard of it.

((Hint hint... my birthday... cough cough....))

Dobby_ROX

((LOL))

I don't no what coexist is but I do have respect for other religions so I respect you are coexistant.

Sky

I'm not arguing against anyone's beliefs.
Uh...is coexist like...respecting other religions or what?

Ginny Weasly

Yeah, but the whole coexist thing has only recently cropped up.

Too many religions are full of zealots who believe that their way is the only way...
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

uglycupcakes

Yeah Coexist is just kinda like saying, "I don't care what you believe in." And I don't care what people believe in... i just care that their actions resemble some sort of.. respect.

Ginny Weasly

That is exactly why I settled with Agnosticism.

I was raised Christian, but never baptized or confirmed or anything. As I grew older, I saw more and more problems in the world can be connected to religious zealots. I decided I'd rather not be connected to any religion because I don't think any of them are 100% right.

It's very easy for me to accept someone else's faith, as long as they don't try to shove it down my throat.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

I agree completely! There is so much to be treasured in this world, and I don't see why people have to bother fighting over it! If I believe one thing and you believe another, that doesn't give me a reason to bomb your house! It just means that you have more to talk about!

Dobby_ROX

O.K then if it it is not already created I make a new religion

Buckybelivers

You don't give a s**t how the world was created.

LOL jokes.

Sky

I've never been baptized.

Ugh..this is hard.

See...we have a lot of problems in the world. Sometimes I do get angry with God. We're allowed to. I question him so many times in my head. "Why did they have to die? Why did He have to suffer? Why can't that cancer be cured?" It could drive me insane thinking about it, but then I hear how when we die, we'll be all  right. We'll be happy. Because We'll be in heaven.

God gave us free will for one thing. So the murderers out there, that is their fault.
I don't really understand the weather killing things or nature...but I do still put my faith in Jesus and God because I would be nothing right now. Nothing, without them.

dobby888

AMEN SISTER!!!

I however have been baptized, confirmed... and all that jazz. 

I try not to get angry with God, but there are times when I'm like really into it, praying every night and such, and times where I don't really think about Him.  I still know he's there, but I'm not actively thinking about Him.

Quote from: Dobby_ROX on May  1, 2009, 01:24:05 PM
You don't give a s**t how the world was created.

I for one wouldn't join that religion, because I DO care how the world was creating... it's interesting to me.