News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Religous beliefs

Started by Dobby_ROX, April 25, 2009, 01:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

I agree with you Jessie. The creation of the Earth is important because it brings on the question of our existence, for which people desire an answer to. People want to know their purpose, why they are here.

Ginny Weasly

Even when several say they don't want to know.

Actually, many don't actually want to know. They just want to guess, because if we know, and one religion is right and the rest are wrong, what happens to those people's faith? Their entire set of beliefs on how life is supposed to be? They would be devastated, crushed, and faithless. Hopeless, because things will not be in their perfect imagination exactly as it should be.

Everyone wants some explanation. But if given the real opportunity, how many people would want the truth? You'd be surprised how many people are afraid of it.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

OK Ginny, you're totally right.  What if someone can prove that God doesn't exist?  The world would plunge into chaos as angry Catholics take to the streets!  And Catholicism covers many religions (if I'm not mistaken), so most of the world would be devestated, ripped apart.  And this could all be done with one discovery.

Sky

Er...does this debate bring upon any changes to anybody? Or could it be considered pointless?

Dobby_ROX

I was thinking something always had to exist (I go into long conversions with myself) because there is no way ther could be nothing (Man I'm having trouble putting this down on paper) for there always must have been something (Grrrrrrrrrrrrr)or else there would be no nothing either  (Are you getting me)

HelenJames

I think this topic was already mentioned at this forum

HamandCheese

Quote from: HelenJames on July 27, 2010, 09:06:47 AM
I think this topic was already mentioned at this forum
it's been a while but gottasay yeah in 2009 the was it was this one
Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.

jmsadare

Many religions have ideas about the places that these souls go to. Often there are at least two possible places, and which one the soul enters is determined by the kind of life that the person led. In Christianity, for example, the souls of saved people go to heaven, whereas the souls of the d**ned go to hell. However in a few religions everyone's soul goes to the same place.

HamandCheese

Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.

Miss Xantier

Bucky... they've been happening for awhile now. I've ignored them.

frenkiejackson

Religious acceptance refers to a brainy accompaniment in which acceptance is placed in a canon accompanying to the supernatural, sacred, or divine. Such a accompaniment may chronicle to the existence, characteristics and adoration of a celestial or deities, all-powerful action in the cosmos and animal life, or ethics and practices centered on the article of a airy leader. In adverse to added acceptance systems, religious behavior are usually codified.