News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Story of My Life

Started by dobby888, May 2, 2009, 03:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobby888

My eyes opened just a crack.  Everything was hazy and... bright.  I thought to myself, It's never bright at 7....  I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes.  What was going on?  As my eyes began to adjust to the light, I rolled over and looked out of the window.  This was definitely wrong. So much sunshine was unthinkable at the time I woke up.

I rubbed my eyes again, then looked at the clock.  Without my glasses, I had to squint at the alarm clock.  The numbers wavered in my vision.  9...34.  9:34. It was 9:34.  Did I miss the bus? I must have missed my alarm, but wouldn't Mom have woken me up? Did I sleep through that too?  As my mind began to think the worst, it hit me. 

Today was our day off!I sighed, smiling.  I got out of bed slowly, just because I could.  I stood and turned on my radio, looking about my room.  I saw several piles of clothes and random things.  I thought with a laugh of the night before. I had organized everything in my room into separate piles, to make cleaning my room today a little easier.  The only catch was that it had taken me until midnight. 

I began to pick up the piles and take them to the different parts of my house that they truly belonged in.  It was amazing how much stuff got transferred to my room.  Half of it wasn't even mine.  Once my room was clean I opened the computer.  I took my time replying to all the posts that had built up on HPF.  I ate breakfast, a perfect banana with creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips. 

I called my friends, organizing our movie plans for later that afternoon.  I walked up the stairs and found that I had left my radio on.  I hardly ever turned it off, so that shouldn't come as much of a surprise to me, and yet it still did. 

I climbed in the shower, loving the warmth. As I got out, I wondered what I should wear.  I had recently cut up my jeans and made them jean shorts, but they were just that... short. They fit, but it had to be really warm to wear them.

I walked into my parents room and looked at the electric thermometer my dad had bought my mom for her birthday.  I glanced down at the digital numbers, not really comprehending what I saw. Hm... 80 degrees.  I looked back down at the small device, confused.  It still said 80.  I started to walk away, then ran back and checked once more to be sure. Definitely 80.  I screamed.  It was warm!

It skipped back to my room.  It must be fate.  A very upbeat song came out of the radio, and I began to dance.  I searched my room for some good clothes, still dancing.  I settled for shorts and a t-shirt, beaming.  I went into the bathroom to dry my hair.  I decided to flip my hair out today, instead of my normal curled under look.  My short blonde hair worked into the style easily, though a few stray hairs tried to be difficult. My bangs puffed out just enough, and I smiled.  Today was going to be perfect.

((This is going to be what actually happens in my life... almost exactly, but I might change some things to make it more interesting...))

Miss Xantier

uglycupcakes

Awesome life chicka.. lol
i'm jealous that your hair naturally basically coparates.. you should see mine in the morning.. lol. i guess you probably have.. but not when it was this short.

dobby888

Oh yeah... you got a hair cut... I heard about that I think.  Was it on Bebo?

I was surprised that it actually flipped out.  No matter what I do it curls under... every time.  Especially if I sleep on it... then it loses it's volume too.

Lol thanks for the crack on my awesome life...

The bad thing about writing a story like this is that I can't use the excuse 'I don't have it written yet.'  I write it purty much as it happens...

potter_fan122

Lol. Love the story, Jessie!
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

dobby888

((Same day as the first post!))

I stood in my room, trying on different shirts.  Deciding on a red one, my hands moved carefully through my necklaces.  I put on my orange sunglasses, and walked downstairs.  My chores were complete.  I was free.

My brother John was home, a tall, muscular boy.  He wasn't large, but rather skinny, with short-cropped brown hair. 

I told him who had called over the course of the day.  He agreed to tell my parents, meaning that I would most likely have to do it myself, when I got home.

My purse had enough money in it, and I was ready to go.  My friend Sasha's Mom pulled up, and I got in the car.  Sasha was tall as well, but most people were when compared to me.  She was dark skinned, her father was white and her mother was African American.  This meant that she got the awesome black hair, and be super tan, but not stick out too much.

We drove to Kim's house, and picked her up.  As Kim came outside, her black hair blew in the breeze, and the sun picked out her red highlights.  Kim was Korean, so she had the near perfect tan skin.  She also had the power to look good in just about everything she wore.

We then went to Sasha's house and played American Idol on her Play station for about an hour.  After they convinced me to sing, we switched off, each doing a song.

We walked, or should I say skipped, to the movie theater to see Obsessed.  That's when things got a little more interesting.

We met Kim's boyfriend, William, at the theater. We walked up the stairs toward him.  He sat alone, in the shadows.  His light brown hair caught what little light there was, illuminating it's curly shape.  We called it a 'mini-fro'.

Sasha and I sat in front of them, for obvious reasons.  Occasionally throwing popcorn back at them, we enjoyed the movie.  At one point, Sasha looked up to see if we were on target with the popcorn. 

She looked at me and said, "They aren't there!"
"What?" I asked, looking back.  "They have to be there? Where would they go?" Suddenly, my armrest was kicked forward. I grabbed Sasha's arm.  She looked at me, confused.  Fervently, I whispered, "They just kicked my armrest!" 

We slouched in our seats silently screaming.  We threw more popcorn at them, especially after learning this slightly disturbing fact. 

After the movie, we all (Sasha, Kim, William, and I) climbed into Kim's car.  It was an awkward arrangement, seeing as Kim's mom was driving.  We quickly got over that, especially when Amber got in the car.  She made the awkwardness a thing of the past, mainly by bringing a large can of Amp.

We passed it around the car, each taking a sip or two at a time. I tasted it with a small sip.  I hadn't ever had Amp before. After I had analyzed it and passed it along to Kim, I said, "It tastes like Mountain Dew!"

By this time it had gotten back to Amber, and she pointed to the can, where it had a small Mountain Dew symbol.  "That's because it is Mountain Dew! Just way more... energy-ish..." She trailed off, laughing slightly.  Amber wasn't the greatest with vocabulary, but she did know energy drinks, that much was for sure!

Miss Xantier

dobby888

((Thanks! I think my next post will be about Mother's Day, but then again... I'm not really sure! You'll just have to wait and see!  I think I'll have time to write it tomorrow after school, but that's not a promise!))

uglycupcakes

potter_fan122

Your life sounds so awesome. I would have do something like this, but my life is boring. >.<

KEEP GOING!
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

dobby888

((I have a normal life, but I'm only posting the interesting parts! BTW... this is all true...))

Friday, May 8, 2009

I walked around my kitchen with a spring in my step.  I pulled out the ingredients to make a cake for Marie, whose birthday had been the day before. 

I was still wearing my school uniform, a yellow collared shirt poking out from underneath a navy blue vest, and then a navy blue skirt to complete the outfit.  I wore my white knee-highs, with two colored stripes near the knee.

I had recently talked to my friend, Kim, and she was going to come over and help me make the cake, and then we could bring it over to Marie's house.  We were also going to make a note card for the math test at the high school.

I began to mix the ingredients into the bowl, singing softly to myself.  As I gazed into the bowl, I realized that there were little clumps of something.  I assumed it was the flour and began to stir harder.  When the situation didn't improve, I called my mom, who normally made the cake.

She suggested several methods for getting rid of the clumps, and I tried all of them, managing only to break up a few of the larger pieces.  I baked the cake anyways, and it turned out fine.

Kim showed up around 6:00, and we made quesadillas.  We began to work on our math note card, using a list of what we needed to know for guidance.  I wrote extremely small, and then used the entire back side for an example of something I didn't understand.

We used my MacBook (with the camera built in) to take pictures of ourselves, and ended up with around 200!  Topped off with cans of Mountain Dew, it was a good night.  She left around 10, because we had to get up early for the test the next day.

Miss Xantier

you have an awesome life! I'm doing a song in the concert on May 28th, I'm gonna get a friend to record it on my phone (with a camera in it.) and I will post it on youtube and I will post the link here, or on my other site... (hint!! it's in my profile!)

dobby888

Thank you!  I'm also singing a solo, but our concert is tomorrow!!  I still need to memorize it though, so that's not too good!

I'll probably post about that next week-ish...

Miss Xantier

okay! Keep going, practice all night if ya have to just be awake enough to be able to sing well.

dobby888

Saturday, May 9, 2009

I woke up slowly, slightly disoriented.  I couldn't see much, but it was dark.  Very dark.  I wasn't quite sure what time it was or anything, but I was sure of one thing.  I was cold.  It took me a moment to figure out why, but then I remembered.  I had opened my window last night, feeling that my room was too stuffy.  I instantly regretted the decision and snuggled deeper down into the covers.

I stole a quick look at the clock, focusing on it carefully.  3:37.  I sighed.  The math test was in less than six hours, and I hadn't gotten a long night of sleep.  I rolled over, clinging to my body pillow and waiting for sleep to overcome me once more.

A few seconds later, it seemed, my eyes opened again.  Music played loudly, attempting to wake me up.  I grabbed my dark blue glasses from the table.  I had long ago stopped being gentle with them, and decided that they were invincible.

I threw my covers off and stepped out of bed, realizing again that my room was too cold.  I made a mental note to close my window before bed, and then started to get dressed. 

I had planned out what I was going to wear the night before, and put it on.  I adorned my skinny jeans and a purple shirt that said, "Celebrate Diversity".  Three cartons of different flavored milk were holding hands on it, smiling.

As I walked around my house, getting ready, I realized that my skinny jeans were too skinny.  I tried to sit down.  This was okay.  I tried folding one leg under me as I often did at school.  Almost instantly, I lost feeling in my foot, and could feel the jeans digging into the back of my knee.  I jumped up, almost falling over from the numbness in my foot.  Maybe the jeans weren't such a good idea.

After changing into my more comfortable sweat pants, I went downstairs to eat breakfast.  Before I even rounded the corner into my kitchen, I could smell it. My dad was making me Belgian waffles!  I had asked him the night before if he would, but hadn't gotten a definitive answer. 

I broke into a smile and gave him a huge hug.  Then I began to search the fridge for strawberries.  Luckily, Kim had left her uneaten lunch at my house, and there was a small bag of strawberries in it.  I cut them up, putting one piece into each divit in the waffle.  Then I put one chocolate chip in each, and covered it all in powdered sugar.

Many people have told me that I'm a very neat eater.  I always prepare my food delicately, laying it out in the perfect way.  I just simply can't imagine eating it any other way.

As soon as I had eaten the last square, my ride showed up.  I grabbed my bag and ran outside.  Soon we were on our way to the math test.  This could make me or break me.