News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Dreams are Powerful things

Started by potter_fan122, May 4, 2009, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

May 1: The woods were dark and the sky was barely visable through the leaves of the trees. Even the sky that was shown wasn`t very bright. The clouds were think this night and no stars nor the moon shone. The air was still and all was silent. The air was chilly and my breath came out in white puffs. I had jeans and an old grey hoodie. Thick mist swirled over the ground and my breath was loud in my ears.

I heard whispering. I kept stopping and turning around quickly. I felt... rushed. As if I were missing something important. I turned and ran, carefully weaving my way through the huge tree trunks. Within a minute I came to a small clearing. I stumbled to the center and fear filled my stomach. I pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head and crossed my arms, trying to get warm. I turned around and the whispering stopped. I turned again and that`s when I saw it.

It was a dark hooded figure, its robes long and swirling. The edges seemes to disolve into smoke, but I couldn`t be sure. A silver gleam shone out from the hood and I stumbled backwards, away from it.

"Come here." I heard faintly, although I didn`t see the figure`s mouth move. I could just barely make out ihis mouth through the dark shadows that covered its face. The voice was definatly male, and I could tell that it was coming from the smoky figure.

"What are you?" I asked. My voice sounded too loud in the dense silence that filled the trees. My breathing had quickened.

"Why, I`m your dream, of course." I heard it sooth. Even though I didn`t trust the figure and wanted to run from it, my feet stepped toward it with a quick longing. When I was only a foot from the thing, it reached out it`s hand. To my surprise it was human.

I fell into its arms at once, my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear. "At last, my dear. I`ve waited a long time for you." It bent his head down to kiss me, but I pulled away, finally able to take control of my body.

"No!" Leave." I shouted. The loud sound of my voice almost hurt my ears, but I stood my ground. Instantly the figure changed. Now Aiden stood there, his crooked smile on  his face.

"AIden." I sighed, running to him. He chuckled and hugged me close to him.

"Hello, love." He whispered. He leaned down and kissed me. This was Aiden, and I loved him, so I wrapped my arms over his shoulders. The kiss depened and I pulled away slightly to catch my breath. He kissed me again and I felt the rough bark of a tree on my back.

At last." The voice was a hiss. It wasn`t Aiden`s. I screamed.

That was all I remembered of last night`s dream. I sat cross-legged on my bed, breathing deeply. My eyes were a worried purple, but I didn`t notice. My mother had gotten up exactly at six, and had demanded to know what was wrong. She means to be motherly, but that`s not how her actions and words come out. I told her I had been having dreams but she wanted more. I told her about my dream, skipping over the details. She had been brishing her hair as I was talking to her, so I don`t think she would have rremembered details anyway.

"Honey, I`m going to take you to a doctor. You`ve had way to many dreams lately." She had said. Her words had been slightly messed up because she had bobbu pins in her mouth, trying to perfect her simple pony tail.

Great, Mom. Send me to a shrink.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Alexis

If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

Dr. Green was actually really nice. He didn`t talk to me like I was crazy or anything. He acted normal. I told him about my dream, like all shrinks did.

"So, could you feel things very well in the dream?" He asked, looking up from his clipboard.

"Yes." I answered softly. My voice had changed slightly from after giving him a very descriptive run-down over my dream.

"Could you control yourself well? Your voice? Reactions?" He asked, scribbling something else.

"I could do everything fine. Nothing was odd except the figures and what happened." Of course Dr. Green didn`t know anything more than the figures. I obviously didn`t tell him about Death Eaters, which is what I thoughts the hodded figure was. My father had been someone that killed Death Eaters.

Dr. Green nodded, stil writing. "Of course." He mumbled.

"I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, snuggling down into the large chair.

Alexis

dobby888

potter_fan122

May 12I stood in a large plaza. It was someplace I had never been before, but it seemed familiar. The ground was paved in a tan stone and the surrounding buildings were much the same. I stood unmoving for what seemed like hours. Without turning around I knew that there was a clack behind me. In dreams, you just know things. After a while, I moved forward. It was dusk, and she sun had just set.

I walked up to a large cafe. It was loud, but soft and comforting. I weaved my way between people and chairs or tables. I stopped at a table in the back and sat down. I knew the figure sitting there, but I hadn`t seen it in a while.

"I`ve been waiting for you. Where have you been?" He asked. Nate looked up at me with his dark eyes.

"I--I was busy." I said clumsily. I sat down, suddenly a little shaky. "I`m sorry." This was one of those dreams where you know soemthing bad is going to happen, but you can`t change anything, or even control your dream self.

"Sure you were." Nate reached out and took my dream-hand. And the strange thing was that I didn`t move away.

"I was." I protested.

Dream-Nate just smiled and nodded. "Come with me." He whispered. I stood and walked with him, and we made our way back out of the cafe.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking around. It had gotten darker, but Nate couldn`t be bothered. And why should he? He was a vampire.

"Somewhere special." Was all he said. Dream-Nate led Dream-Me into a dark alley way, and I knew that this was wrong. That I shouldn`t be there, but I couldn`t do anything about it.

Nate turned to me. "At last." It hissed. Suddenly, it wasn`t Nate anymore. It was a figure filled with shadows. Once again, I screamed.

Alexis

This is interesting.  More please...? =]

dobby888

This is extremely intruiging... I love how it's centered around your dreams... BUMPY!

potter_fan122

Stacey`s dreams, not mine. I don`t know what I would do if I started having dreams about someone leading me into dark places and hissing "At last" in my ear! I would so freak out!

dobby888

Haha I know... but I meant Stacey... because in a way you are Stacey.  Do you get what I'm trying to say here?

potter_fan122

Lol. I gets it! I was trying to be funny.  :P

potter_fan122

May 17 I felt the cool, musty air on my skin. I had been here before, only I was awake that time. The room was dark, and I could tell tha it was large and empty because my footsteps echoed in the room. I don`t know how I knew it was a room, I just did.

I came upon a wall, finally, but it wasn`t a wall. I looked up and to the sides. It was the Mirror of Erised. I shook my head and looked to the floor quickly. The last time I looked in the mirror I saw Aiden and myself. Lavy found me then, but I knew that she wouldn`t find me now. My dream self looked up to the mirror. Aparently this would be one of the dreams where I wouldn`t have control of myself.

In the mirror, I saw myself, standing exactly where I was. Beside me, a figure formed. I didn`t see his face, and I knew it was male.

"Stacey." He breathed. "We`ve been waiting for you."

I tore my eyes from the mirror, but the figure was still behind me. "What do you want?" I asked.

I could feel the figure smiling. "We just want you. Take me hand, and you can have everything you`ve ever wanted, and everything you will ever need." It held out a hand. A human hand, not some evil thing.

I extended my hand out, and my fingers almost touched his. But I froze.

"Take my hand." The voice asked.

"I already have everything I`ve ever wanted and everything I`ll ever need. His name is Aiden Gray." With that I lifted my hand towards the figure and pure energy exploded from my palm.

Alexis

I'm really starting to get into this. 
I love it!

potter_fan122

Because what I write is oh-so-captivating. Not.

potter_fan122

"And then what happened?" Dr. Green asked.

"I woke up. Again. okay?" I exclaimed. I pushed back my hair with my hand, and glared at the floor, agrivated tears in my eyes. I had been sitting in the oversized chair for over an hour explaining my last two dreams.

Dr. Green sighed. "Miss Black, we`re not getting anywhere.

"Mrs. Gray." I mumbled, and not for the first time. And of course we weren`t getting anywhere. I couldn`t exactly tell this shrink that there`s a land of witches and wizards right under his nose. Then I`d be put into a loony bin.

"Your records say that you are Miss Black, so that is what I shall call you." He replied calmly. Again.

I sighed heavily and blinked quickly a few times. These dreams were really making me mad. They woke me up numerous times a night, and they left me stressed. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"Well, I think we`ll have to take a sleep test for you, Miss Black. We`re going to have you stay here soon so we can monitor your sleeping habits."

With that I stood up, grabbing my jacket.

"Miss Black?" I could hear Dr. Green following me.

"Good day, doctor, but I won`t be staying here tonight, or any other." I wasn`t about to have a stupid shrink tell me that I had a disorder, and who knew what I said in my sleep?