News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Dreams are Powerful things

Started by potter_fan122, May 4, 2009, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobby888

Oh I like it! Is Dream-Stacey cheating?? Scandalous! XD

Bump!

potter_fan122

((NO SHE IS NOT CHEATING!))

We were laying down in the grass, Nate and Dream-Me. We`d been talking for a while with our hands entwined. We didn`t talk about anything except flavors of gum. I guess it was a dream after all; they never usually make sense, anyway, and it`s when they do that you need to worry.

Nate rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand, reminding my conscious self painfully of Aiden. My dream self didn`t notice.

"So, sweetheart..." Nate said, leaning over me, his face close to mine. This made me squirm. Me, not Stupid Stacey. No. Dream-Stacey just looked up into Nate`s eyes slowly. Her breath caught in her throught as he leaned down closer to me. I felt one of his hands caress my side, but I soon forgot because his lips covered mine...

"NO!" I yelled, sitting upright in the too-comfortable bed. I was breathing heavily, one hand pressed to my chest as if that would stop the horrible ripping and burning sensation that was happening there. I fell back onto the bed, flinging my arms over my eyes.

"What am I going to do?" I whispered to myself out loud. The dream had scared me. I had dreamt of Nate, but the strong feelings I had were more than obviously for Aiden. My husband. I remembered our wedding and had to smile. I slwoly took my arm from my eyes and sat up again. I looked around tiredly, trying to see something that would help me sleep. I did some quick math in my head, and realized that it would be three days at the soonest that I would see Aiden again.

Feeling defeated and more tired than before, I got up and stuffed my feet into my shoes. The digital clock on the nightstand said that it was two-thirety in the morning. I groaned and grabbed my purse and key card. The lights from the hallway were shining bright when I stepped outside my room, then utter blackness surrounded me as I came outside the hotel. The only light came from a lamppost about two hundred yards away and from the faint glow of stores` lights in the distance. I rolled my eyes to myself and jogged to my car. Most people would be afraid of such blackness in a secluded area at a time like this, but I wasn`t. I had over ten knives on me at the moment. They were the ones that should be afraid.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

potter_fan122

I plopped into my red Porsch and flicked it on. The purr of the engine calmed me slightly as I turned the heat on. It was a little chilly and the water marks on my windshield told me that it had been raining. Irritated that something had marked my car, even if it was just water, I turned the windsheild wipers on until the marks went away.

I stopped at the closest convenience store and stepped inside. I shivered; they kept stores way to cold here. I noticed that I was still wearing the clothes that I had been wearing when I left my house yesterday. Old flared jeans and a dark green tee shirt that told everybody that I had been to Ted`s Tavern in blocky white letters. Ted was a friend of my moms, and he owned a bar. I`d met him shortly before I`d met Aiden. I smiled to myself as I did it again; everything now was either before Aiden or after Aiden.

I wandered towards the back of the store where they kept medicine. I walked past a few shelves without giving them a second glance and stopped in front of the sleeping medicines. I turned on my heel to face them, chewing the inside of my cheek. These wouldn`t be very strong, otherwise they would be behind the counter. I grabbed the one that I thought would work the best and took it to the little counter, handing it to the lady behind it.

"ID, please?" She asked, turning her pretty blue eyes to me. I gave her a small smile and handed her my driver`s liscence. I was only seventeen, but I had a strong medical record. I had to have something to explain all of tmy faint scars. I knew that the girl wouldn`t like giving me the meds, being under the legal age, so I handed her my medical card, too. She gave me a greatfull smile and scanned it, giving me both cards back.

potter_fan122

"Here you go, Mrs. Gray." She smiled politely and handed me a plastic bag with the pills in it. The look in her eyes told me that she thought I was too young to be married. Well, she could join the croud, because I didn`t care what she or anyone else thought.

((Sorry. All the computers I use won`t let me type after I use so much room. And I have, like.... then next four parts written already. This one isn`t done yet. But you have to wait. Haha.))

Alexis

I really like it. It's fun to read.
Can't wait for the rest!
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

dobby888

This is a really great story! I love it!!
Bump!

potter_fan122

I locked my black eyes on hers, but smiled. "Thank you, Sam." I replied. I could read her nametag just as easily as a four year old could, and she didn`t like the face that /i called her by her name. I liked the fact that she, not I, looked away first.

I know it was silly to play the dominance game of animals with a human, and a Muggle at that. The girl, who couldn`t be over twenty-five, couldn`t know that when she looked away that she basically said I was more dominant that her. But I had been raised by a wolf Animagus and a very dominant mother. I was also a snow leopard Animagus that had raised wolves from their birth. I had to play to game. And I was tired and felt worse than anyone should ever have to.

((This is where I meant to stop last time.))

dobby888

I love it! You fight that grocery girl with your mind games! GO STACEY!!

Haha bumpy!!

potter_fan122

Jeez.

I have the next.... four parts written, but you have to wait for them. Muahahaha!

Alexis

Aww
But I still like it, and its very fun to read!
BUMP!

potter_fan122

((Why did you cross out da Bump?))

Back at the hotel, I read the back of the box quickly. According to my age and weight, I had to take two of the oval blue pills. I popped three out of the package and filled a small glass with water from the sink. No, I was not going to overdose myself. I had learned the hard way that I had to take an extra helping to Muggle medicines.

I`m not sure why, but I`m pretty sure that it`s because of how many time I`ve absorbed the powers of imortals. Hanging around vampires had already made my skin a few degrees cooler to the touch, who knows what else it has done?

I quickly swallowed the three capsuls and sighed. They should kick in soon, but not soon enough for me.

I made my way back to the bed and crawled under the blankets, still in my clothes. I had just barely remembered to kick off my shoes when I finally made it back to my room. More exhausted than ever, I sank once more into solid blackness. I welcomed the blanket of sleep, and the last thing I saw before closing my eyes was the white speckled ceiling of the bland hotel room.

I dreamed again, but this one was different. Not only was I feeling calm and relaxed, but I also knew that nothing bad would happen in this dream.

I was seeing this dream from my own point of veiw-- from my own body-- but I also saw it as if I was standing a few feet away. There isn`t a better way to explain it, but you would know what I meant if you had dreamt this way.

I was lying across a fainting couch, and Aiden`s arms were wrapped around me. Just the image of that made me swallow hard to hold back tears. I didn`t want to disturb this almost perfect moment.

Aiden`s arms were wrapped carefully but protectively around me, like he never wanted to let me go but was afraid of waking me up. I was asleep. There was no Dream-Stacey involved. His eyes were closed, but I could tell that he wasn`t really asleep. His breath was hitting my cheek every time he exhaled, and it was coming just a little too fast for him to be sleeping. Our fingers were interlocked together, and we both had tiny smiles.

Aiden just seemed so real, so there, that I knew, somewhere, he was having this same exact dream. Knowing this, I lsqueezed his hands and tilted my head up until his lips touched my temple.

"I love you, my moon." I whispered to him. I felt him smile and kiss my hair.

"I love you, too. More than you know." He replied, resting his cheek against my head. He always said that, even though he knew that I did know.

Carefully, I turned around in his arms until I was hugging him tightly, and he squeezed me in return. Tears filled my eyes as I tried to bury my face in his chest.

I woke up with my own arms clutched around myself and my face in my pillow. Tears were stinging my eyes as I sat up.

That dream had felt so real. Nothing remotely bad had happened either, but I felt myself crying all the same. I had felt him, had smelled him. Now that I was awake, I couldn`t stand it. This one, simple dream had left me more broken than the others, all because it was over.

Alexis

To make it look cool. =p
Awesome as always.  It gets better everytime you write a new chapter!

dobby888

I agree! This story gets better every time I read it!!

Why is she crying? Is it because she's happy, or sad that the dream is over?

BUMPY!

potter_fan122

((She`s sad because the dream is over. Okay, I have most of the story written, and I have a plan for it. If ANYTHING gets confusing, let me know, because I like my people to understand what I`m writting. Tell me how you like it!))

I cried silently for probably fifteen minutes before I looked at the clock. It told me that it was almost nine in the morning. I was able to pll myself out of bed and wash up a little bit, but I didn`t have the energy to change my clothes.

I thought briefly about the breakfast that the hotel offered, but my stomach rolled and I dismissed the idea rather quickly.

I checked out and had my things packed into the car and I had just pulled up to the first intersection when I realized that I wasn`t going straight home. There were two small things that I had to do first.

First of all, I stopped at the same store that I had gone to last night. I came back to the car seven minutes later and with as much white chocolate that thirty dollars could buy me. The second litle trip would take a litte longer, but I would rather spend a couple hours on this than having a few more nights of horrible dreams and no sleep. It was about one o`clock when I pulled into the small parking lot and walked into the tidy brick building. I walked in and up to the lady behind the desk and introduced myself.

"Uh, I`m Stacey Gray and I have an appointment with Dr. Green in ten minutes."

((Oooh. Shocker. This was where I meant to stop last time. I should make you wait, but I don`t want to. I have a better place to stop and leave you hanging.))

Aiden

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|