News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Dreams are Powerful things

Started by potter_fan122, May 4, 2009, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alken

I really appreciate the way people are using the forum to communicate and help each other. Thanks to the person who give this

idea to the world and made the world ti tie in a single knot.

-----------------

Alken

Best Offer in Communication medium

potter_fan122

A figure slightly taller than myself appeared behind me. In the mirror, it looked just like Aiden, so I didn`t turn around to face him. He placed one hand on my waist and the other on my right shoulder. I felt his lips in my hair and I closed my eyes, a smile growing on my face.

He ran his hand down my arm, his skin barely touching mine, and rose goosebumbs were he touched. His fingers were cold, just like everything seemed to be in this dream. It didn`t occur to me than Aiden was never colder than I was. His hand found mine and he gently pried it away from the mirror. By no he had wrapped his whole arm around my waist, hugging me to him.

His lips moved to the side, his breath trailing down my neck. The cold hand led my fingers to his cheek. I opened my eyes slowly to gaze in the mirror. I did not see black hair and golden eyes, like I though I would. No, I saw green eyes and golden hair, a shade lighter than wheat.

Without even thinking, I pulled my elbow sharply back, hitting him in the stomach. I saw movement to my right and pulled a blade from my sleeve and flung it expertly that direction. When I had elbowed him, the man behind me had let me go. I lept forward, a knife in each hand, and put my back to the mirror. The mirror at least shouldn`t attack me.

Shouldn`t, being the key word.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

potter_fan122

All around me, people were standing. As far as I could tell, they were all men. Big men. They all seemed to be wearing black suits with white shirts underneath and red ties. The man I had thrown a knife at was clutching his side, the bloody knife at his feet. I muct have gotten him in the stomach or kidney, because he looked to be in bad pain. He was on his knees, pressing the wound.

Something moved in front of me and I turned back to the man I elbowed. He didn`t seem to be hurt, but I hadn`t waited to see what his reaction was when I hit him. He was standing in the middle of the circle, smiling at me. The circle seemed to have gotten bigger and brighter. I didn`t take my eyes off of the man, who was clearly a leader of some sort, but I counted twenty-four candles now.

What was worse, I knew that this was no dream.

The blonde man just stood there with his hands behind his back, smiling.
That was going to get annoying. I quickly scanned the room. There must have been about thirty men around me. Normally, I wouldn`t have been worried by that, it was a dream, after all. But there was that feeling of... substance. Like I had really stabbed that man. And the one that touched me..... I shivered. While everything was still I racked my brains for any but of imformation that might help or explain the situation. All I came up with was something about dream-visions that could take you somewhere else while you slept, but it took pwerful and dark magic for that.

The blonde cleared his throat and stepped forward. I lifted my arms to a starting position for throwing knives. I had both knives directed towards him, but he just smiled again.

"Matthew, please disarm her." He said. There was something familiar in his voice.

Before I could even twitch,  a man came up behind me and plucked the knives from my hands, tossing them into the darkness. He then grabbed my wrist and pushed up my sleeve. He flung the revealed knives into the dark, but handled my wand with care. He handed it to another nameless man, who carried it to the blonde. The blonde took it carefully and examined it.

My attention was brought back to Matthew, who had pushed up my other sleeve and was ripping the knives from their sheaths. I sighed mentally. What use was five years of practicing with knives if you got disarmed? Matthew went to pull my shirt over my head, but I slapped his hand away. He was trained, but at least he had manners. He took a step back with and amused smile. I pulled the knives from under my shirt. It was odd having to take
those out, not many people found them where they were.

I gave my blades to the big man, and he tossed them away. He knelt to disarm my lower body, but I kicked him. He stood up with another smirk. Talk about training. I gave him a look, but sat down and pushed up my pant legs, pulling out eight knives from their homes.

After my weapons were disposed of, I was able to stand up without advancing on me. Matthew had returned to his spot in the circle. The blonde had been smiling through all of this, and now he took a couple steps forward.

"Welcome, Stacey Gray, to my home. I am Jonathan." his voice  was deep and had an accent that made him seem from a different time. Why did it sound so familiar?

I looked at Jonathan, my eyes wide. They must have been brown, because that was my "natural" eye color, but I couldn`t be sure. It bothereed me more than I can say that I can`t tell what color my eyes were in my dreams.

"What do you want with me?" I asked Jonathan, my eyes locked on him with instant hatred.

He laughed at me. His teeth were perfectly straight and brilliantly white. His skin had been cold to the touch. He had an old-time feel about him, like he wasn`t from my time. He was a vampire, wasn`t he?

"Dear Stacey, you don`t even know why you are here." Jonathan rolled his head around like he was popping his neck. Something about that was familiar, too. "You are my neice, dear Stacey. I am your father`s brother."

Alexis

Very interesting chapter, Stacey.
I like it.
XD
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

((Warning, the next chaper has a bit a French.))

I stared at the man. This could not be true. This man could not be my uncle. My father was fourty year sold. this thing in front of me was not my father`s brother.

"How-- how old are you?" I asked. My voice was shaky, much to my horror. It took a lot to scare me, and I just realized that my hands were balled up in fear. I uncleanched my fingers slowly. Fire. I still had my powers. Jonathan may have taken my wand, but it wasn`t getting used that often anyway.

"Alex, please." Jonathan called softly. The man I had stabbed had stood up and was walking towards me. He didn`t seem to be hurt anymore, not at all. Before I could to anything, he had hooked a band around my wrist.

"D*mmit." I whispered. The band looked and feeled familiar. I didn`t even try to use my powers, I knew that if I did I would just get shocked or suddenly become exhausted. I wasn`t going to be able to do a d*mn thing with magic.

"Answer my question." I hissed, looking back at the man with hatred.

Jonathan laughed again. "Nevermind about that now," he dismissed.

"Fine, then tell me where you got this bracelet." I demanded.

"That," Jonathan said, "came from you memories." My blank expression must have been too obvious, because he sighed heavily. "I can see every memory you have ever had." He explained. "Everything you see, I see. I simply took the bracelet from your memory. and made it real. He gave me a grin that made me want to slap him.

I glared at Jonathan. I was embarrassed that someone saw somethig I didn`t want them to see. Certain things could have been kept private. And the bad thing was that I couldn`t even close my mind.

I thought back to that one night a few years ago. I had been out in the forest, as I often was. It was just before I met Aiden, so I wasn`t with him. I had been taken my some of Neo`s men and they took me to his home, where they locked me in a cell. Useless. Of course, they had also disarmed me, and I hadn`t been as experienced. It was Ginny, Lavy, and Jason that had saved me from that horrible night. The feeling of being powerless was life-changing. And now, that I had so much more power, it just about drove me cray. I missed the roll of power under my skin.

"If I am your niece, why the precautions?" I asked, looking at each of the men on the edge of the circle. I bet each of these men weighed at least four times as much as I did. "It seems like you have enough goonies to protect you, why do you need to disarm me completely?"

Jonathan riased an eyebrow, as if he could hear the harse words I was thinking. "Because they are just that, precautions."

potter_fan122

((Well, this is the part with the French, actually.))

I glared at the man who claimed to be my uncle. There was no physical resemblance between him and my father that I could tell. My father had brown hair and blue-grey eyes. This man was blonde and had green eyes. The fact that they looked nothing alike made me feel a little bit better.

"What the h&ll are you, then?" I asked once I was sure that he wouldn`t tell me how old he was.

Jonathan laughed again. "You humans have to have such an exact name for everything. Such a complicated language you have. He shook his head and started walking towards me. I stepped to the side so I was out of his path. I was near the middle of the circle.

Jonathan was watching me closely. "Stacey, Stacey, Stacey," he said, slowly starting to circle me. "What are we going to do with you?

"Let me f***ing wake up?" I offered, knowing that my real body was still asleep on a hotel bed.

The evil man laughed. I say evil because a sense of wrong came from him. His laughing was really staring to annoy me, though. It took quite a bit of control to stay where I was with my arms at my sides when I so badly wanted to punch him in the face. To ruin that handsome image he had.

"Stacey, even if you wake up now, you will never be without us." He motioned to the men that surrounded me. "And now that I`ve finally gotten into your dreams, it will be easier to reach you while you are conscious." He grinned at me like he was pleased with himself. He probably was. "Sweet Stacey, you have a powerful mind. It took my a long time to finally break your blocks. Someone else is protecting you, yes? He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I instantly thought of Ginny, but pushed her from my thoughts. He probably already knew who she was. She had put a mental shield on me when I started hearing voices. If she ever removed it, I didn`t know.

Then something crossed my mind. He had suggested that he had already tried to reach me while conscious, and he failed. The voices. the voices and the attacks. They had plauged me for the past three years. They were because of him, weren`t they?

"Yes, yes." He answered before I could ask. I guess he could read minds. "The nightmares, too." He looked at me thoughtfully. "You are a smart girl. The only other person I have ever had to work at to get into was your father, but it has never taken me this long before." the look in his eyes became slightly envious, and they held something dangerous. It made me take a step back, despite knowing that the men behind me would be no help.

He looked at me and my fear was confirmed. He looked at me like he wanted to kill me, like he wanted what I could do, and would do whatever it took to do it. Then suddenly, he snapped back to being calm and cool.

"We will be in touch, Mrs. Gray. He said, his eyes still on mine. Something else happened. Something that I have never seen happen except in the mirror. His eyes changed color. They were now a soft blue.

I took in a sharp breath and he grinned. His eyes were now steel grey. I invouluntarily took another step back.

Laughing, Jonathan beamed evily at me. "Good morning, Stacey. I will see you soon.

dobby888

Woah! I totally didn't see any of that coming! So he must have taken her power for the eye color thing right?

It's amazing! Keep going! I can't wait for more!!

Alexis

This is awesome and exciting.
I can't wait for the next chapter!
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

Speaking of the next chapter...
I believe that my last post was the last that will be part of the Fan Fic for this thread.
I`m making a new thread.
It`ll be titled "So Many Questions and Not Enough Answers."
Look for it soon!

dobby888

Oh :( I wish you would keep going, but I understand! Sometimes things have to end!

I promise to look for it in the future!

potter_fan122

I`m not ending it, just continuing it in another thread.

dobby888

Right... haha that's what I said! Jeez... pay more attention...