News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Aftermath (Open)

Started by ~Harry Potter~, June 5, 2009, 02:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Harry Potter~

"Okay, just remember, bard magic comes from the heart not the mind.  Feel what you want to show and it will appear."

He turned toward the wall and made a wide sweeping gesture going outward with both arms. He then snapped his wrists and held them stock still.  From them a golden glow harnessed by yellow ribbons appeared.  They formed what looked like the top of a drum, a thin membrane stretched tight over a frame. 

This frame did not appear to be able to do much but in its nature it was bardly and would help amplify the image that Stacy wanted to project. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

potter_fan122

She looked down at the membrane with a doubtfull expression. She had never seen anything like it before, and didn`t know if she would be able to make the image correctly. She knew what separated the mind from the heart, but most of her powers worked from the mind. She had to think for them to work, not to feel.

So with little enthusiasm, Stacey lifted both of her hands and moved them towards each other until her thumbs and first fingers touched. She closed her ever-changing eyes. She didn`t really know why, but it felt right. And as she took a deep breath, she plunged herself into the memory. She heard the sounds. She saw the alley. She could feel the coming tension in the air. And soon, just as Ryme did, a song started to play with the scene, masking the other sounds.

"I got my stitches stitched, I got my fixes fixed,
In my aching head, I got my kisses slit.
Our gossip lips stuttered every word I said, I said,
I got your love letters, corrected the grammar and sent them back.
It's true romance is dead, I shot it in the chest then in the head.

And if you wanna go down in history then I'm your prince,
Because they've got me in a bad way I've never seen a heart I couldn't break.
It was never about the songs, it was competition.
Make the biggest scene, make the biggest..."

The scene played, and in her head, Stacey could see the little girl and the man who was yelling at her. She watched as Rhyme blew the man back with what she thought was pure energy. The second burt of energy exploded and a building collapsed. Jessie appeared with the little girl, and tried to question Stacey. Stacey tried to call to Rhyme, but only after the second or third time did he seem to hear her.

"Which came first, the music or the misery?
We're high-fashion, we're last chances.
Which came first, the music or the misery?

I'm casually obsessed and I've forgiven death,
I am indifferent, yet (I am a total wreck)
I'm every cliche, but I simply do it best."

Stacey questioned Rhyme, asking him if he knew who he was. The question could have many different answers, but he answered it as Artemis. She asked him to stop "throwing energy around." She had never been exposed to that kind of thing in such extremity. Instantly he seemed to shut down his powers. He excused himself, but she didn`t understad why. Then the Aurors appeared and Rhyme was lost again.

"And if you wanna go down in history then I'm your prince,
Because they've got me in a bad way I've never seen a heart I couldn't break.
It was never about the songs, it was competition,
Make the biggest scene, make the biggest...

We're high-fashion, we're last chances."

Stacey started to call for Ginny, who appeared moments later. Stacey didn`t know how she did it, but she stopped the Aurors from taking Rhyme.

The Stacey in the Gryffindor common room opened her eyes, which had decided on a ghostly black for now and looked over to Rhyme. She gave him a questioning look. One that asked if was doign it right, and if he wanted her to continue.

((Sorry if things are a little messed up. I`m not used to having to do anything like that, and I don`t know the song well.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

~Harry Potter~

((That is perfect, and yea it takes a bit of practice to get the whole song casting down but hey, you grew as an RPer there a little bit.))

Rhyme felt it a bit crude but he couldn't deny what he was seeing.  Stacy was nowhere near skilled enough to cast an illusion just yet, at least one that was purely made up.  He fell to his knees as he continued to watch.  He didn't want to see anymore but he couldn't rip his eyes away. 

When it was over, from within his mind, the final straws of ignorance broke, letting the demon of Artemis lose.  He still couldn't take control with the guardian of Rhyme's mother there but he could now speak. 

Aww, about time you noticed me.  Got to thank that Cindy person for me. 

The persona finally spoke directly to Rhyme which was a hard blow to Rhyme's psyche, to know that he wasn't the only one inhabiting his body, though the other one was him, just a person who he didn't really want to deal with. 

"I'm sorry, I gotta go"

Rhyme said quickly before running out of the room and quickly disappearing.

((Thanks for helping me get this done, and sorry it took so long.  Oh and if you want you can RP Stacy's reaction to all of this and she can hear Artemis' voice if she wants))

potter_fan122

((Awz, thank you! I really can RP better than some of my posts here make it look, honest.))

Stacey couldn`t help but gasp as Rhyme disappear. With him suddenly leaving, his powers were ripped from her like leaves from a tree in a hurricane. She lowered her hands slowly, as if it hurt her to move. Which it did. Being full of power then having it suddenly taken away like that was a hard blow.

"Rhyme?" She called softly, wondering if he would be able to hear her. She knew that Rhyme didn`t have a very strong mental sheild, especially if she could skip into his mind as easily as she had when he was actually in that alley. Rhyme. She thought louder. It was just way to easy to hear thoughts. It took a lot for her to block out the other student`s thoughts. Being surrounded by them, though, and using their power made it a little difficult to do that.

Rhyme, I heard him. You know I did. I heard him before. He said Cindy. Did he mean me? Rhyme, please answer. She blocked the thoughts from everyone else, and sent it as far as Hogsmead. Ginny would have heard her, of course, but she probably wouldn`t listen to it. Stacey could push her powers to the limits if she wanted to, and she was full of different mental powers anyway. But would he hear her?

((Is that good? I got confused. XP ))

~Harry Potter~

((It's fine.  And I hope you understand that him calling her by the wrong name over and over again will be a running gag.  Artemis won't really call anyone by their real name unless he gets really mad or something along those lines))

Rhyme was too freaked out to really hear Stacy.  He heard her in his mind of course but he couldn't focus enough to really answer back.  He just wanted to get away.  He rushed through the halls trying to find a quiet corner but that was nearly impossible for him being that this was a giant school and he had super hearing. 

Though he couldn't answer, the other him could.

Ah Ms. Cindy nice to hear your lovely voice again.  Here to keep me company since I am finally out of that bloody cage or are you here to help remove this statue keeping me here?

His voice was full of thingyiness as he tried to goad a reaction out of her by using words such as lovely and making allusions of her letting him out which he really doubt would happen since she saw what happened the last time he got out. 

potter_fan122

((Ah, thanks for letting me know.))

Stacey turned around in the common room, eyes closed. She pulsed out her energies, letting herself absorb the different powers, searching for one she`d only felt in one person. She let her mental sheild fall away. She had made the sheilds to keep powers out, but her own powers wouldn`t go as far as she thought she might. Her skin tingled with the power of it all, and she couldn`t help but shiver.

Artemis, Stacey thought, can you tell me where you are? She asked, hoping that he would be stupid enough to answer, although she strongly doubted it. But already she was blindly walking out in the hall, directed by a hunch alone. There was a slight pull in one direction, and the teen could only hope that it was Rhyme she would find.

Rhyme, I know that you can hear me, too. Remember what I told you earlier. Pull yourself away from him. Listen to me. She tried to think the words loudly and clearly, while still holding them from everyone else. She was glad that there weren`t a ton of kids that could read minds.

~Harry Potter~

Artemis let out a loud mental laugh at her message for Rhyme to separate himself from Artemis. 

Hey Honey, this is as separated as we are going to get unless you want to give him 5 years of therapy or a lobotomy.  As you probably "can't" see, I got this huge monolith of a  mother blocking my way.  He always did put too much into her, what kind of mother would have let this happen?

As he said that a small crack ran down the nose of the Elandil statue that blocked his path.  Artemis let loose a grin since it showed that he could influence it a bit.  He just had to break down Rhyme's image of his mother and eventually he would have full rein.

You can't recage me unless you can turn back time or wipe the memory of me from him.  I will just sit here toying with his emotions and mind a bit until he finally snaps and loses it.  Right Rhymmy old bean?

potter_fan122

"What the hell?" Stacey asked out loud, now blindly running through the halls. She was still being navigated by only a hunch, but she soon felt the pull that represented Rhyme.

It started out feeling like silk was being draped over her skin, then grew to where it felt like she was almost being electrocuted. That`s what Rhyme`s powers felt like. Everybody felt different, but Rhyme`s particular magic sent a chill down her spine. He was the only person she had ever encountered that felt anything like silk or electricity. And it was powerful too. Having put all of her shields down when she made the projection, she felt everything that passed her. She heard everything. It would take a few minutes of quiet to put them back up, and she didn`t exactly have time to do that right now.

Rhyme, She thought quickly. She had never done anything like this before, and she had no idea what to do. The only experience she had with minds was the vague lessons that classes taught and the things that had been specified to her. Rhyme, pull him to you. Immerse yourself with him, but put him under. Don`t let him control you. Listen to me, Rhyme, not him. She loudly pushed the thought.

~Harry Potter~

((I felt like this song REALLY fit right now for Rhyme.  "Burning Bright" Shinedown))
((Artemis=Purple//Rhyme=Yellow))

I feel like there is no need for conversation
Some questions are better left without a reason
And I would rather reveal myself than my situation
Now and then I consider, my hesitation

Rhyme's powers began to flare as he tried to get away.  There was no real place he could get away in this school.  He just wanted to get as far away as possible.  No enchants around this school would stop him.  He pulled on the power of his past, of his core personality traits that matched this song. 

He threw open the door and gave a mighty leap.  When he did the power burst forth at a level he was not used to.  Ribbons of yellow and black circled around him making a loose cocoon like shape as he flew at a high speed.

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes

The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

He soared up into the air like a bullet leaving a trail behind him.  He kept going higher and higher and further and further away.  I think at one time he broke the sound barrier letting loose a giant boom. 

I wonder if the things I did were just to be different
To spare myself of the constant shame of my existence
And I would surely redeem myself in my desperation
Here and now I'll express, my situation

As he sang this part the field around him became more black then yellow as he let his depression show more.  It was always there, he just ended up blocking it out with pure ignorance.  Many would say that it wasn't good, but look at him when he didn't, he ended up losing part of his memory and now he know what happened. 

There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction
I know I cross the lines its not easy to define

I'm born to indecision
There's always something new some path I'm supposed to choose
With no particular rhyme or reason

With this Rhyme hardened is will against Artemis.  If this is part of him, he will take it with stride and overcome it.  To try and run from who he was would only lead to trouble and even more pain. 

As he flew he began to spin, and spin, and spin making the black and yellow turn into more of a purplish color as the two merged.  Right now Rhyme just wanted a place to stop and think without anyone there to bug him.  So, with this new surge of power his will made it so, with a giant flash of light on the last 'burning bright' he winked out of this world for a time. 

potter_fan122

Stacey knew immediatly when Rhyme disappeared. His pure power was ripping across her skin by the time she was sprinting to the main corridor. It was almost overwhelming, and she was gasping as she ran. His words echoed in her mind, and she had to stop and lean against a wall to keep from collasping. Breathing heavily, she pressed her back to the stone and slid down until she was sitting on the floor.

This was also something new. For the first time, she was exhausted because of magic. She could feel the colors of Rhyme`s field, but she pushed it from her mind. She tried to build up her shields again slowly. She was quickly relieved as thoughts and powers were pulled away from her. But she kept Rhyme there. She kept him in her mind, focousing on him alone. And just like tha, he was gone.

Gone. Even through the blocks, she gasped as the strange powers were ripped from her again. She sat up, arms pressed against her stomach. She groaned. How could he be gone? It was only then that she remembered his power to take himself from the dimensions.

((Was that too horrible?))

~Harry Potter~

((That is very good, you have really grown as an RPer, you have a firm hold on who your person is which is hard to get to for some people.  I am good at putting people through different things they normalyl wouldn't go through with their characters and you worked through it.  I can go into it more later but overall you are becoming a very fine RPer))

potter_fan122

((Thank you for taking the time to say that. I think that you and Ginny have really helped me improve my writting a lot. I was reading an old thread with me an Ginny, and I felt bad for making her read that. Thank you for helping me and giving me ideas. It means a lot coming from you, since you could probably easily write circles around me.))

~Harry Potter~

((Yep, that's the thing, once you get the groundwork down, you will just grow.  You can only really go up now since you know what it feels like to have good RPs and I'm guessing you really don't want to go back to the one liners again or like the 3 liners.  As you grow with experience you will get longer posts and better posts and truthfully, sometimes a good post is just luck of the muses.  That is why sometimes I don't post for a while since I don't feel inspired to make a good post))