News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Ironic Return ((Join only if you can type... well))

Started by Jackie Saylem, July 11, 2009, 02:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackie Saylem

Jackie sat in a booth, off to the side and out of the way, holding a butterbeer in her right hand. Her left hand was holding her head up under her chin. There were a few dots on the wood that were darker than the rest. They were tear stains.

She rubbed her finger over them, setting down her butterbeer. Some drunkard whistled at her. "Hey baby!" He slurred loudly. Jackie ignored it. She supposed she brought it upon herself, with the red spaghetti strap tanktop and the short skirt she had dressed in. Not that she cared. Not that she had any reason to return back to hogwarts single, or alive for that matter. What reason could she find left to live?

Her best friend was now together with her boyfriend... Given, she had left for quite some time, but she had no choice. Also given, she didn't get to say goodbye to him... But she thought he might try to wait. At least get together with some one besides her best friend.

More tears fell to the table. And what ever happened to Pete? The one Leah was supposed to be going out with? A sob now wrenched its way up her throat. She thought she heard footsteps approaching her small booth, but she figured it was another drunkard and kept her head looking down miserably.
Jade Madeline Hayes - Strong, Independant, Confused, Naive.

Arianna Adaine - Elegant, Lethal, Lost, Alone, Outgoing, Anxious.

Jackie Dawn Saylem - Beautiful, Vampire, Young, Passionate, Energetic, Quirky

uglycupcakes

Izzy walked into the Pub with a pair of light wash skinny jeans that hugged her tightly, a pair  of black pumps, a solid black blazer and a little purple tanktop on underneath. A black bowler hat, placed a little offcenter sat on her head trying to keep her mess of blond hair down. She walked up to the bar and asked the man for a some tea. It had been a long day, and she just wanted to relax. She looked around the bar for a familiar face.

Over in a booth she saw the back of Jackie. She didn't know Jackie very well, but knew she was best friends with her cousin Leah. So, deciding she couldn't be horrible if Leah liked her, she walked over to Jackie. She slide into the booth across from her, and looked at her a little closer. She was crying. Crying people intimated Izzy, and she immediately regretted her decision to get to know Jackie, but it was too late to walk away. So instead, she put on a brave face and said, "Oh dear! Whats wrong? Are you okay?"

Jackie Saylem

Jackie looked up, wiping her face and forcing a smile. She vaguely remembered this girl. Izzy, yes that was it. She was Leah's cousin. "I'm fine, really I am. I'm just feeling sorry for myself." She said, tracing invisible patterns on the table. She was thinking now. Did Izzy know that she was mad at Leah? Would that affect a friendship, should one start?

Jackie couldn't decide, and her brows pulled together.

uglycupcakes

"Well, we can talk about it if you want, if it helps you... you know calm down or something." Izzy wasn't sure what to say. She was sure that Jackie was upset about the whole Leah/Nate thing. She hadn't heard much about it, she just knew something was up. She took a long sip of her butter beer enjoying the taste.

Luke Forlity

Luke walked into the crowded pub and ordered a butterbeer.  As he waited for his drink, he looked around.  All of the seats were filled, except for a booth with two girls, one of which was crying.  He shrugged, figuring he might as well make some new friends.

Luke took his drink and walked over to them, smiling awkwardly.  "Do you ladies mind if I join you? Every other seat is full..." 

He gestured to the rest of the room, showing them what he meant.
Yeah, I'm new.  Just trying to become less of a newb.

Jackie Saylem

Jackie's tears had dried by now. "No, of course we don't mind. Please sit." She said, brushing her hair out of her face. Wow, he was cute, Jackie realized. But she hadn't seen him around. "Are you new here?" She asked, sipping her butterbeer.

Luke Forlity

Luke smiled and sat down right across from Jackie.  He flashed her a brilliant smile, thinking, How can one girl be that pretty?

"Yeah, I am new here.  My name is Luke. Luke Forlity."  He stuck out his hand still smiling at her.  Who could she be?

Jackie Saylem

Jackie blushed, she knew the look that boy had on his face. It was the same one Nate used to look at her every time they were together... that is before she left. Jackie dismissed those thoughts. It wasn't as if she had anything to lose, right? She smiled back at Luke. "I'm Jackie Saylem." She replied, tuckung her blonde hair behind one ear.

Luke Forlity

Luke saw the girl blush and he smiled.  Blushing was always a good sign.  He watched her beautiful eyes, trying to read what he saw in them.  He was never very good at this, though, so he didn't see much.

"Nice to meet you, Jackie."  He said, watching her blonde hair move as she touched it.

Jackie Saylem

Jackie smiled. She noticed how Luke watched her hair shimmer, and her cheeks flush. Again this wrenched at her heart. She sighed, she remembered how Nate would always watch her like that. Then she remembered how his arms would wrap around her and hold her tightly. How soft his lips would be.

She closed her eyes tightly, pushing his image from her mind. Then she frowned, Luke was so nice, he deserved someone that her. A battered, broken and timid girl. She couldn't see anything besides Nate and she knew it was pathetic. "I... I'm sorry... I can't do this." She said, standing up and walking over to an open seat at the bar.

Luke Forlity

Luke watched Jackie sigh.  He watched her every move, noticing that she was in pain from something.  He couldn't help but wonder what.  As she got up and left, he shot a glance at the other girl sitting there. He looked back to Jackie and stood up.  He walked to the bar and sat next to her.

"Listen, I... I have no idea who you are, or what you've just been through.  I'm sorry if I did something wrong, but I didn't know."  He looked at her, hoping she understood.  "I'm just trying to meet more people, and you seem really nice.  Can you forgive me?"

Jackie Saylem

Jackie raised her eyebrows, shocked he would think he did something wrong. "No!" She said, sadly, taking his hand. "Its just that... I'm kind of still in love with this other guy, but he... forgot about me I suppose. And you're so sweet that you deserve better than me..." She said, looking at the ground.

"I've been a wreck since we haven't been together... I only have half of me left to give. He took the other half." She said, biting her lip. "I'm sorry."

Luke Forlity

Luke jumped slightly when she took his hand.  He hadn't been expecting that.  He looked at their hands, entwined together, and then up at her face.  He put his other hand on top of hers.

"Jackie, I'm so sorry... I had no idea! And I don't think it would be possible to forget you.  I know I never will.  And if this guy took your heart from you... well it's not his to have.  It's yours.  And you can give it and take it from whoever you want."  Luke said, smiling slightly at her.  "You have nothing to be sorry for.  It's not your fault."

Jackie Saylem

Jackie smiled, and almost jumped when Luke said he would never forget her. She realized he was wrong though. Nate had taken her heart and no matter what she did she would never get it back. The day she told him she had loved him, she had lost possession of her heart.

Then she frowned, knowing she had to say something. "But it was my fault. I left, no explanation, no nothing. And I guess he got tired of waiting for me to come back." She gave a weak smile. "I suppose it is fair... but I just want him to be happy."

Luke Forlity

Luke had never really been good at giving advice, especially when he didn't know the situation very well.  He tried his best though.

"Oh..." Luke hadn't seen that part coming and was totally unprepared. He smiled at her and said, "It sounds like a pretty big dilemma you have there... Let me buy you a drink.  Clear your mind a bit?"