News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Luke Erik Forlity

Started by Luke Forlity, July 24, 2009, 10:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Forlity

Thank you Ginny!

Would it be okay if I was a wizard that just happens to not die and has to be killed the same way that twilight vampires do? How about a faerie?  Kind of the same idea as the first mentioned one, but with some wings attached?  I'm hoping to keep the immortal idea going, but also stick to the rules about vampires.

I hope you like the edited bio, my theme was adding in every possible detail... I'm going to leave the race area blank and remove all traces of vampire-ness from it.

Name:  Luke Erik Forlity

Height: 6 ft. 1 in.

Appearance:  Luke is tall and fairly pale, with dark brown hair.  His hair is soft and relatively long, but he likes to spike it up.  He hates putting gel in his hair, vainly thinking that it destroys the natural lust.  He has bright green eyes that almost seem to cast their own light.  They can't change color, but when he's really sad or lonely, their color dims. 

He's very strong and has a six pack, but it doesn't stick out unless flexed.  He has strong arms and legs, laced with muscle that's hidden under the surface.  His body isn't cut like many body builders, but rather smooth, not ostentatious.  He's well proportioned, but with arms and legs just slightly longer than the usual.

RACE:  ?

Parents:  John and Sarah Forlity (Both Dead)

Personality: Luke has been in seclusion for a very long time, and only recently found his way out of the forest in which he had been hiding and into the magical world.  Obviously, when alone for such a long time, one loses sight of how people act.  This fact causes Luke to be slightly awkward.  He says what he thinks and often gets in trouble for it.  He is trying to become more like the average human, but is having a tough time of it.  He doesn't like to show emotion, having been raised by his father to bottle it up.  Occasionally, his feelings become too much to handle.  This typically causes a bad day for him as well as anyone else that he encounters.

Likes: Luke likes to exercise, and when he gets angry, instead of letting out his emotions, he strains himself physically.  He also likes to swim and run, both of which he is very good at.  He likes almost all animals, but not when they get too close.

Dislikes: He doesn't like disloyalty, and likes to think of himself as loyal, though it isn't always true.  He doesn't like the cold, probably due to his obsessive love of fire.  Other than that, there isn't much that Luke doesn't like... he tends to be an optimist and find the good in things.

Power: Once again, due to his seclusion, Luke doesn't know lots of magic.  He had learn a small amount as a child from his mother, but his father hated magic in the house, so that didn't last long.  Luke mostly only knows how to use fire, and can do that very well.  He loves the feel of fire lapping at his skin but not burning it.  He almost always is playing with it in some way.

History: Luke was born in a small town in Europe.  He was raised well and worked hard.  He lived on a farm, where he worked almost all of the time.  He went to a very small school with everyone else from his town.  He studied hard and did well.

His mother was a witch, but his father was a muggle and forbid his mother from ever using magic.  However, Luke's father was a busy man and couldn't stay around to make sure his rules were followed.  Almost every time that Luke's father left, his mother would teach him magic, even giving him a wand. 

Luke hid the wand in his overalls, keeping it tight up against his body as he worked.  It pressed against his leg with the weight of a secret.  Every winter, Luke's father would go off to find work in order to make more money.  Winter's were Luke's favorite time of year because he could use magic freely and not worry about being caught.

Luke had always had a passion for fire, loving the way it devoured anything in it's path.  One day, as he was experimenting with it, a building caught fire.  The fire destroyed the thatched roof, quickly catching the buildings around it.  Soon the entire town was ablaze.  His parents were both killed in the fire, and Luke has forever hated himself for it. 

He ran away, hiding in a forest far away from his town.  He stayed there in solitude mourning his parents and punishing himself for what he had done.  Once he finally realized how silly he was being wasting his life away, Luke began to practice magic again.  He only knew a few simple spells, but plenty about fire.

((Better?))
Yeah, I'm new.  Just trying to become less of a newb.

Miss Xantier

Do like Ginny says, I made up my own character and ended up making a fanfic all about my race. Therefore, the shapeshifting on this site was born... I never read Twilight when I made the race.

Ginny Weasly

We can't have any more immortals. It's been proven that people take advantage of their immortal status and it creates no conflict about personal safety. Your character can live for an increasingly long time (For example, Xav's character is very old), but they cannot live forever.
And shapeshifters were always around, but Miss Xantier simply made them her own with her tweaks.

The bio is a little better, but to say he's been hiding is hard to think about. It can't be that he was entirely sequestered off from people, surely? That would be hard to do in such a modern world.
I like the history, perhaps the only problem I had with it was it was a little dry. Don't worry, your writing for that sort of thing will improve quickly.

It's a decent bio, so I suggest you go out and RP until you develop Luke a little more. Once you've made him almost real in your mind, try tweaking your bio. It helps, trust me.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Luke Forlity

Okay, I'll be sure to do that! Thanks for the tips.

So I'm not aloud to be an immortal?  That's okay I guess... I still think I'm going to keep the general idea of my history though...

Ginny Weasly

Yup, I'm sorry but immortality just makes it boring!

The history is good though, like I said. Just a little work, but you'll figure it out.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Bucky Black

oh race is muggle born half bllod or the full bloods or you can be a muggle to twist!!

Luke Forlity

Okay Ginny! Thank you!  I'll work on that and then post it when it's fixed!