News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

In Desperate Need of .Practice.

Started by Luke Forlity, August 11, 2009, 06:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Forlity

((I'm all for it! I'm deleting my post after I reply right now!))

Luke nodded at Albus, smiling. He then turned and looked at Stacey.  He watch her roll a flame between her fingers, and after even just seeing the flame, a similar one appeared in his own hands. 

"You want to see something cool?  Alright... I'll give you cool.  Or should I say hot?"  He chuckled at his joke and stuffed his wand into his pocket.

Luke looked down at the small flame in his hand.  He then moved his hand away, but the flame stayed where it was.  He put his hands up, palms facing the flame.  He took a deep breath, and as he stood there, the flame began to grow.  Soon it was a fairly large sphere floating midair. 

Luke tapped his foot to an unheard beat.  The sphere began to pulse to the same beat.  Then he put his hands down, and stopped tapping his foot.  The sphere exploded, lighting everthing on fire, including Luke.  It wasn't hot though.

As the trees burned and crackled, Luke looked around, pleased with himself.  Then he snapped his fingers and the flame repeated everything that it had just done, reversed.  Once more, Luke held a simple flame in his hand.  There weren't even burn marks on the trees.
Yeah, I'm new.  Just trying to become less of a newb.

potter_fan122

Stacey tilted her head slowly. For her, that wasn`t especially cool. Or hot, whatever. She had once lit the entire forest on fire, just like Luke had, and a student had witnessed her. Stacey would have gotten in a lot of trouble. If only the forest had shone any sign of being on fire...

"Cool." Stacey said. She took a few quick steps forward until she was right in front of Luke. The flame in her hand disappeared. She grabbed his wrist and held his arm out straight. "But watch this." She said, looking up to him with bright orange eyes. Without looking down at her hands, or appearing to do anything at all, Stacey produced a hot flames and held it under Luke`s arm. She lifted it until it touched his skin. He would be able to feel the heat, but it wouldn`t hurt.

She let the flame grow until she had to spread ehr whole hand out to hold it. The flames touched most of Luke`s arm-- bare skin. He would feel no pain. Just heat. The heat would be unpleasant, since it wasn`t his fire, but it wouldn`t hurt him.

With a snapping noise, Stacey flicked her hand back and let go of Luke`s wrist, suddenly back in her original spot. "Can you do that?" She asked, tilting her head again.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Luke Forlity

Luke watched her, closely.  The only difference was the color of her eyes.  He smiled at her and watched the flame lick at his arm.  When she was finished, Luke itched his arm.  The feeling had been strange, but not bad. 

Luke walked over to Stacey, a flame already glowing on his hand.  He put his hand palm up, under her chin. It was close to, but not touching her.  The flame grew bigger and it licked around her eyes and nose.  Luke's eyes never left her's.  His flame was doing everything that her's had been, but on more sensitive skin.  She would surely feel the warmth.

Luke curled his hand quickly into a fist and the flame disappeared.

"The answer to your question is yes, I can do that.  Just not the transporting at the end."

potter_fan122

Stacey kept her eyes on his as the fire he produced licked up her face. She barely felt it against her skin. "The transportation?" She asked with a confused expression. "Did I-- oh, I guess I did transport back over her." She smiled and shrugged.

"Maybe it`s better that you don`t know how to do that. I haven`t been caught yet, but...." She grinned and glanced at Albus.

"But, can you make something, say an animal, out of fire and control it?" She asked. People often had trouble making and controlling animals because, well, they were animals. Living things, in a sense. You had to be able to control earth to a point to be able to make animals, and they were easy to make even if you were just making a shadow of them.

Luke Forlity

Luke smiled as she realized that she had transported.  He couldn't transport very well if that was all he was concentrating on, but couldn't imagine doing it without conscious thought.

He nodded, "Yes, I can make animals.  Controlling them is what I have difficulty with.  I can only successfully control one animal... a bird."

He quickly made his bird out of fire, and had it fly to Stacey.  He smiled as it sang, loving his own creation.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled at the little bird as it flew towards her. It`s song was sweet and high-- probably a robin. It was hard to tell with elemental animals, because they weren`t real, just made of the element. But you could always tell by their song. She tore her bright orange eyes away from the bird, and raised both of her hands, palms facing each other.

A stream of fire poured from her palm, and slowly formed into a large bird. A pheonix. The firey animal flew away from Stacey, up into the sky. It swirled around gracefully, trailing flames. It circled them, singing softly. The song was beautiful, as all pheonix songs were. With a flourish, the bird lifted itself slightly and landed on Luke`s shoulder, then dissolved silently.

Stacey tilted her head and watched Luke carefully. "What about sheild? Can you make a wall of flame and have solid things not go through them?" This was also hard to do. It took concentration, and hard work. You had to practice quite a bit to get it right.

Luke Forlity

Luke watched his bird, but when Stacey made her's, his dissolved in insignificance.  He smiled as the phoenix landed on his shoulder.  He watched it disappear, and then faced Stacey, still smiling.

"I can make a shield, but it doesn't stay for long, and can only keep out one or two people at a time."  He said, shrugging.  He raised his hands preparing himself for the job ahead.

Luke closed his eyes and began to slow his breathing. When he opened his eyes, fire began to pour out from his palms.  It flowed straight to the ground at his feet, forming a tight circle around him.  Once that small circle was complete, Luke raised his hands and pushed the circle outward, continuously adding more fir to it so that it wouldn't stretch thin.   

When he had determined that the circle was big enough, the fire stopped flowing from his hands.  The circle stopped growing.  He continued to breath deeply.

"Try to get in." He said softly.

potter_fan122

Stacey snorted as Luke told her to try and get through the sheild.

"I`m not stupid. If it doesn`t let me in, soemthing bad will happen, depending on how powerful it is compared to me." As she spoke, she started to roll her hands together. When she stopped, a small red ball was in her hands.

"Here, try this." She said, and threw the ball right at Luke with the strenght of a proffesional.

Luke Forlity

Luke shrugged, having forgotten that detail.  At least she remembered, otherwise it could have ended badly. He watched her create the ball, and was ready when she threw it.

It bounced directly off the shield, not bending or warping it at all.  It flew back toward Stacey with the same amount of force with which she had thrown it.  He took a deep breath, still prepared for anything else to come at him.

potter_fan122

Stacey didn`t flinch at all when the ball came shooting back towards her. She just blinked, and the ball stopped, then disappeared. Instead, lightening bolts hit the sheild, attacking it from all sides.

((It won`t hurt him, but his shield`s gotta give sometime.))

fudge0604

Albus watched the two of them, interested. He smiled, as Stacey started to shoot lightning bolts.
It sure brought back memories, of the time when he and Sarah had trained. It was the sole foundation to his elemental powers.

With the flick of his hands, an ice cube appeared in his mouth, as he stood up.
Another flick, and an icy wall appeared between them, blocking all of Stacey's bolts.

" Now, I want to ask you. How do you use your power? Do you force it out? Or do you just take small bits at the time? "

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey looked at Aiden with a sad, puppy-like expression. Her eyes were the electric color that came along with playing with lightening. She waved her hand and the lightening disappeared.

"Neither. I think of what I want it to do, ask it to do it, and it`s done." She said with a shrug. She had already realized that her powers didn`t really work the same way as other students. Her powers seemed to fill her all of the time, instead of being forced out. She could also use her powers more extensively for longer. She didn`t know why, that`s just how it turned out.

((And there`s a reason why she `s like that. Her dad is am immortal, and her uncle is an evil maniac that`s been invading her mind.))

fudge0604

" Just ignore how Stacey uses her elemental powers. " Albus started, smiling.

Taking one step closer to Luke, he continued slowly, " When you want to use your powers to the full extent, you can't just force it out. Both options let's you use the same amount of power, but if you force it out, you have to continuously keep forcing it out. " Inhaling, he looked around,

" But if you just build up your powers, just build it and built it to the point when you can't take it anymore, then you just start releasing! It's as easy as that! " Inspecting Luke, he then asked,

" Did you understand that properly? "

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey snorted and crossed her arms. "I hope so, because I sure didn`t." She said softly, pulling on her ear.

She already knew that her powers came easier to her than other people`s. She had never had to force something out of herself, often it coming to her so easily that it came on the first try. She had absolutely no idea why it was that way, but it was. She felt like she was full of energies, and all she had to do was let it out, not make it.

"And if you force your powers out all at once, you can likely hurt yourself." She added, looking towards Luke. "If you just suddenly explode with all of the power you have, you won`t be able to control it. Absolutely no way." She glanced toawrds Albus for confirmation. He had spent much more time in Ginny`s classes than she ever had.

Luke Forlity

(Sorry for my absence! I hope it's alright if we just pick this up where we left off?)

Luke wasn't used to being attacked by so many things at once.  His shield deflected only one or two lightning bolts before it had him out of breath and sweating.  He could hardly stand, and felt light headed.  Hoping that the lightning bolts were harmless, Luke let the shield crumble, and he fell to the ground, panting.

When he had enough breath he said, "I suppose... it's more of a lack of energy thing for me... is that... normal?"

He listened to everything that Albus had said, turning it over in his mind.  "Yeah, I think I can understand that, but what if I don't have enough energy to gather all of that power inside of me?"

Luke felt tired, but his strength was slowly coming back to him.  This hadn't happened in a while, and had become less frequent the more he practiced with his powers.  His elemental powers seemed to grow so easily, so what was wrong with his wand abilities?