News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Name The New Being

Started by Bucky Black, August 20, 2009, 05:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

Two words.

Stupid, and confusing.

Seriously. If you're a ghost then you're a ghost, you can't just make up something completely new, which makes you dead, when you're alive. Gah, that sounds so stupid! It's stupid, and omnipotent. You're saying that you're not immortal, but you'll live forever since you're already dead, and can't die again.

Seriously...

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Agreed.

You're not immortal, but you are.  You're not dead, but you are.  You're not alive, but you are.  

It just doesn't make much sense.  You need to make some choices.  If he gets killed, then he's dead, end of story.  If he doesn't get killed, then he lives on, possibly with a new outlook on life.  Savvy?

Also, you should probably explain yourself more.  Just posting a link isn't exactly a great way to start up a new thread.

Bucky Black

I don't care what you think

dobby888

That's a bad idea, because we have some good advice to offer.  Sadly, you don't listen too often, so it never does you any good. 

Being rude to people who are more experienced to you is also not a good idea, yet you don't care what I think, so I don't know why I'm bothering. 

Bucky Black

Quote from: dobby888 on August 22, 2009, 09:17:10 AM
That's a bad idea, because we have some good advice to offer.  Sadly, you don't listen too often, so it never does you any good. 

Being rude to people who are more experienced to you is also not a good idea, yet you don't care what I think, so I don't know why I'm bothering. 

I'm JUSt saying you upset me by saying my idea was stupid and all!!

goblet_fulla_fire

Quote from: Bucky Black on August 22, 2009, 01:22:25 PM

Maybe they are saying your idea can be better.
I am a dog.

Miss Xantier

Goblet, Jessie, and Albus are right.... You need to just add more details to the new Race. So they are just trying to help, try reading in between the lines.

~Harry Potter~

If this upset you then you need to grow a thicker skin.  Eventually the world will stop sugar coating things for you and it gets harsh.  In college they won't tell you your idea is stupid, they will just give you a big old F on the paper.  And I agree you need to sit down and make a CHOICE about what you want to do with a character.  You can't just keep jumping around with all these things, take it to another forum then, that is what I did when I wanted to try something new with Rhyme, I brought it here to try it out but I only changed one major part of him.  I didn't do it on the home forum and confuse the heck out of everyone. 

If Bucky is dead...he is DEAD nothing can bring him back.  That is one of the biggest rules of the universe and magic and pretty much any other thing out there.  Very few let you bring back the dead without doing something huge and elaborate if they allow it at all.  Think of an RP forum as a giant book, it seems really weird to have one person breaking all the rules.   Would you keep reading Harry Potter if out of nowhere Draco and Hagrid were a couple? 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Miss Xantier

Bucky Black

Quote from: ~Harry Potter~ on September  2, 2009, 06:02:55 AM

If this upset you then you need to grow a thicker skin.  Eventually the world will stop sugar coating things for you and it gets harsh.  In college they won't tell you your idea is stupid, they will just give you a big old F on the paper.  And I agree you need to sit down and make a CHOICE about what you want to do with a character.  You can't just keep jumping around with all these things, take it to another forum then, that is what I did when I wanted to try something new with Rhyme, I brought it here to try it out but I only changed one major part of him.  I didn't do it on the home forum and confuse the heck out of everyone. 

If Bucky is dead...he is DEAD nothing can bring him back.  That is one of the biggest rules of the universe and magic and pretty much any other thing out there.  Very few let you bring back the dead without doing something huge and elaborate if they allow it at all.  Think of an RP forum as a giant book, it seems really weird to have one person breaking all the rules.   Would you keep reading Harry Potter if out of nowhere Draco and Hagrid were a couple? 

I Get yOur Drift but actually I'D like them as a couple LOL

Seth Lockhart

Uh....might I add a few words to this?

Get over yourself and just follow the rules. It's not hard.

If you have a problem, make your own site with your own rules.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Okays, I`ve gotten annoyed with this.

First of all, Bucky, you need to get your character in check, like Albus said. Is he dead, alive... what? I have never changed Stacey, Alice, or Jason in any major ways. All of the changes have been gradual, and real people change a little over time. No one is alive, then a ghost, then dead but alive. It just doesn`t make sense. None of it does.

Second, you made this topic to ask for help, and when Albus gave his opinion, you told him that you didn`t care. Uh, hello? You asked for what people thought. Don`t make a dumb topic, especially if you`re just going to tell people that you don`t care.

And like Jessie said, you can`t just post a link in a topic and expect people to respond the way you want.

Dead does mean dead. Gone. No more. With the only exception of ghosts and vampires. Really, this is a Harry Potter site, but people have added different creatures here and there. But, they had the right details, most of the time. If you`re making a new race, you have to be able to suppost it. And to be completly honest, I don`t think you can support all of those things.

Now, if you don`t want to listen to this, that`s your problem. When Rhyme said those things about getting a thicker skin, he was completely right. I, frankly, think that you`ve gotten enough sugar coating. People have given you advice again and again, and most of the time you`ve just pushed it away. It`s called constructive criticism. None of us are perfect, and I am definatly not the best writer here. I will freely announce that to the whole world. I`ve learned a lot here, and feel like I`ve improved quite a bit. If you look at some of my first posts, they were pretty bad. But people put up with me, and I`m grateful for that. You really should take the advice of these people. They know a lot of good things, and are much better at writing than you. Sorry to say it, but it`s true.

Take it or leave it, that`s what I`ve got to say.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Bucky Black

Quote from: potter_fan122 on September  5, 2009, 01:22:36 PM
Okays, I`ve gotten annoyed with this.

First of all, Bucky, you need to get your character in check, like Albus said. Is he dead, alive... what? I have never changed Stacey, Alice, or Jason in any major ways. All of the changes have been gradual, and real people change a little over time. No one is alive, then a ghost, then dead but alive. It just doesn`t make sense. None of it does.

Second, you made this topic to ask for help, and when Albus gave his opinion, you told him that you didn`t care. Uh, hello? You asked for what people thought. Don`t make a dumb topic, especially if you`re just going to tell people that you don`t care.

And like Jessie said, you can`t just post a link in a topic and expect people to respond the way you want.

Dead does mean dead. Gone. No more. With the only exception of ghosts and vampires. Really, this is a Harry Potter site, but people have added different creatures here and there. But, they had the right details, most of the time. If you`re making a new race, you have to be able to suppost it. And to be completly honest, I don`t think you can support all of those things.

Now, if you don`t want to listen to this, that`s your problem. When Rhyme said those things about getting a thicker skin, he was completely right. I, frankly, think that you`ve gotten enough sugar coating. People have given you advice again and again, and most of the time you`ve just pushed it away. It`s called constructive criticism. None of us are perfect, and I am definatly not the best writer here. I will freely announce that to the whole world. I`ve learned a lot here, and feel like I`ve improved quite a bit. If you look at some of my first posts, they were pretty bad. But people put up with me, and I`m grateful for that. You really should take the advice of these people. They know a lot of good things, and are much better at writing than you. Sorry to say it, but it`s true.

Take it or leave it, that`s what I`ve got to say.

I get your dRIft means sure I WILl listen to you and fix up my character. I am thankful forall your help as well!!