News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

|.Burning.|

Started by Aiden, September 22, 2009, 10:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Aiden stood in the forest, his feet frozen to the ground.  It was late, very late at night and he figured most students wouldn't be out in the forest at this time of day.  However, these woods always held surprises.  The wind was blowing heavy, shaking the long limbs on the trees and sending autumn leaves flying everywhere around him.

Aiden turned around, taking a deep sigh as he did so.  He looked to the base of the largest tree in sight, and leaned back against the trunk.  He looked around again, suddenly feeling someone else approach.

((Sky.))

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

Sky

It was nights like these that Sky looked forward too. The kind of nights when all is quiet but the heavy wind and the soft rattle of leaves blowing onto the ground and through the air, which never smelled so fresh. She took deep breaths of air, exhaling so slowly as she walked through the trails of the forest.

Her soft black hair blew all around her and into her face. Sky was glad to have a nice warm Gryffindor hoodie and sweatpants to keep her warm. As she walked on, she had the feeling that another presence was near. There almost always was another person here when she was. Sky wasn't the only one who braved the depths of the forest at twilight hours. She peered around several trees, searching for someone until at last, she saw a figure leaning against a tree.

"Hello?" Sky called.

Aiden

He didn't have to see the figure before knowing who it was immediately, merely from the sound of her voice.  Sky.  He lifted his head, his eyes scanning around until he saw her slowly walking towards him through the darkness.

Aiden snapped his index finger and thumb together, making a small spark over his faced up palm.  Immediately, a small flame floated above his hand, creating enough light to see before him.  He blinked his eyes, his pupils adjusting to the bright light compared to the cold darkness.
"Hello."  He answered back, suddenly sounding all too formal.

It had been what seemed like ages ago since he had spoken to Sky.  She couldn't dropped out for all he knew.  Since he'd graduated and married he hadn't payed much attention to the different news and gossip at school.  It seemed to him that he was part of another life now, something off from Hogwarts yet still included at the same time.

"What brings you to the forest at this time of night?"  Aiden asked as she neared closer to where he sat.

Sky

Sky smiled and made her way to the flame. So it was Aiden, Stacey's husband. Sky hadn't really seen either of them very much since the wedding, so it was a bit odd to find him here on school grounds.

She noticed that there was something sophisticating about the way he spoke. She finally made it over to him and sat down beside him.

"I don't ever sleep well, so I come out here to think and enjoy some of nature's many delicacies." Sky responded. "What about you?"

Aiden

Aiden leaned his head back against the tree, looking to Sky as she sat next to him.  He would actually enjoy company even if his original intentions was to come here to think to himself.  It was nice to see a familiar face instead of wandering around the dark, forbidden forest alone.

He rested the hand that held the flame on his knee as he flipped his dark hair out of his eyes.  He couldn't feel the heat that the fire wielded, for he was immune to his own power.
"Same here."  Aiden replied before clearing his throat.
"Don't sleep much."  He added, a wry smile appearing on his lips.

Aiden turned his eyes away from the flame to look at her.
"I haven't seen you lately.  How has school been?"

Sky

Sky pulled up her knees and wrapped her arms around them, her black hair whipping into her face.

"Its been alright. I'm working as the potion master's assistant right now. If he retires, then I'm guaranteed a job."

The headmaster had told Sky that he saw great talent in her. After some potion's training, she would make a fine teacher.

Aiden

Aiden nodded his head with a thoughtful expression.  He stared into the forest, as the darkness crept around them.  He was silently thankful for the flame in his hand, even if the dark never bothered him.

Aiden turned his head, looking at Sky with brown eyes.  He blinked, and flipped his hair out of his face.
"Potions?"  He asked, intrigued.
"What made you decide to become a teacher for that class?"  Aiden asked a moment later.

Sky

Sky shrugged, looking at him. Aiden's face looked almost orange  with the fire's glow.

"I guess its my best subject. I scored higher on my potion's N.E.W.T than any other exam. Its just comes naturally I s'pose."

She looked up at the dark sky, staring at the stars. Tonight was a good night for stars.

Aiden

Aiden nodded, his eyes reflecting the graceful flames of the fire.  He felt so comortable now in the dark with only the light of the flame to see.

He tilted his head questioningly.  A bird, or what sounded like a bird, chirped in the distance.  Besides their quiet conversation, it was the only other sound in the forest.
"I heard you're seeing someone now too."  Aiden asked suddenly, not meaning it as a question.

Sky

Sky nodded in the darkness, stretching out her legs and pulling her hood up over head.

"Jason Mitch." She said with a broad smile.

((Ugh. Writers block.))

Aiden

Aiden tipped his hand over, the bright, colorful flame balancing gracefully over the skin of his pale hand.  With every flick of his fingers, the flame changed colors.  He may be showing off, but he was just in a good mood.

Aiden grinned back as he noticed Sky's broad smile.
"How long have y'all two been seeing each other?"  He asked, looking for the appropriate word.