News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Recommend Books

Started by Kaeli, April 25, 2002, 11:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpcoolest5

Hmmm... I dunno! ??? ;D
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

I got Just Ella today while getting last minute Father's Day stuff!  I'm gonna start reading it tonight!  ;D
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

hpcoolest5

^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

;D ;D ;D
It's really good!  I'm almost done!  I recommend that book to everyone!  But it doesn't have any magic in it..  :( that's okay!  It's a good book any way!

hpcoolest5

Hmmm, I'll try to remember 2 look 4 it in these expensive bookstores over here... ::) ;) ;D
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Kaeli

I'm so happy you are reading Just Ella!! It is really good. I liked it a lot. I originally got it for my sister, but I read it before I gave it to her...I couldn't resist! :) During my absence here, I did read Ella Enchanted, and it was good, it kept me very entertained!! I liked it a lot! Let me see...Some more I have to recommend are...

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Ann Bronte and also Agnes Gray. I've gotten into my Bronte kick, and these two books were really good! tToWH is about a woman in the 1800s (Bronte's time) who left her husband and started her own life...it sounds kinda boring, I know, but it tells the whole story of why and new people she met, and it is actually pretty darn good! I loved it! Agnes Gray is about a governess trying to support herself because her family is poor. It talks of her experiences with her different students, which was very entertaining. You can never go wrong with the Bronte's!!

Let me see...I started the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and from what I read, it's good, but I haven't read very much...

Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms, is very good, but very very very PG13...like almost on the verge of it. Think Moulin Rouge people! LOL. But it is good. I'm having to read it for school next  year.

Well, I think that just about covers it.

Keep the recommendations coming!!!
My name is Kaeli.....so, ya, call me Kaeli...

hpcoolest5

Um............................................................. What about...... Harry Potter? I dunno....... O! What about The Beat Goes On? It's for school, but it was good! Sad, but good. It's about a girl with AIDS. :'(
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Hmm... I haven't read any other new books.  I need to hit Waldens real soon..
There's 'Afternoon of the Elves' by Janet Taylor Lisle.  It's really strange, but really good.  I love that book, although it's for... I dunno.. younger ages.
Also 'The Pigman'.  Don't remember who it was by, but it was a good book.  We read it in English.

Gengi

Lol! The Pigman! I remember that! ^.^ That was, interesting. ^^;

Erm...good books...I'm a big manga reader, so....um....I finish the first book to 'A Serice of Unfortunate Events - The Bad Beginning'. It was cool. :) But I guessed the main plotline for it... Bah well, pick it up if you get bored! ;)
*~ Sirius Black - My fugitive stud muffin! :3

Where the moon shines bright.

hpcoolest5

:oGengi and Shui- classmates? :oWoah! OK... Woah! :DCool.
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Yeah... in 3 whole classes, but she just HAD to go into Adv. art and leave me with Rick/John and Dominic  :P that was scary.

Gengi

*laughs* I'm sorry Shui! Well, I had my fill of Rick in 5th and 6th grade... o.O;

But yes, I don't see how you came out of there alive...watch you'll get them again in High School... ;D

hpcoolest5

;DSo....... What's Adv. Art? :D
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Gengi

Advanced Art Class. :) ;D

You had him in 5th and 6th?  No wonder ur so messed up!  lol J/K!!