News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Recommend Books

Started by Kaeli, April 25, 2002, 11:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

Ah yes.. Legolas... *swoons while drooling* lol

I also read 'Where the Red Fern Grows'.  I didn't cry, but it was very sad... it was a required book in the 6th grade I sink.
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

sweetlikepoison

The His Dark Material Trilogy By Philip Pullman
(ya know, The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass)

Great books!!! :D
Official Keeper of All Things Green and/or Shiny aboard the SS Fire & Ice

Ohh...
I wanna put my tender heart in a blender,
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion...
[/color]

hmm haven't heard of that...  

Gengi

*~ Sirius Black - My fugitive stud muffin! :3

Where the moon shines bright.

Kaeli

Hello Everyone! I'm back from my vacation. While I was gone, I have picked up a couple of books that I'll tell you about. But first, I just want to say to Sway, that I've read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, for school, and my class was the last class to read it because it was put on the banned reading list for my school district the year after. It was very different though. I like Ray Bradbury...but I think that if you're going to read him...start out with his short-stories so you can get the feel for the type of crazy and wild....uh...ideas he comes up with.

Okay, so, while I was on my trip, I read....

1. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
        Oh my goodness!!! Such a great book!!! I loved it. It's one of the first suspence fiction novels ever written....I think the second. The first was also written by Wilkie Collins. Anyway, it's a great story filled with all the great components of a great novel; suspence, intrigue, deciet, romance, and great characters. I loved this book. I reccomend it to everyone.

2.  Walden by Henry David Thorough
          Don't read this book until you are forced to. It's not even a book...it's a bunch words put together that keeps your attention just about as well as an educational science video. (science really isn't my thing) Henry David Thorough is a genius, yes, but that doesn't mean that his genius is easily appreciated. I recommend this book to philosophers, but if you're not a philosopher...then I don't even have to warn you against the book because as soon as you read the first sentence you'll put it down and never want to pick it up again anyway. In case you're wondering...for me, it's required reading for school.

3.   A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
        Okay, I know I said this was a good book on a previous post...but I finished it, and looking back on the whole thing, I didn't like it. Throughout the whole book I was hoping it would get better and that Hemingway's thoughts would have strayed a little bit away from...um...well, like I said before, think Moulin Rouge. But it never got better. It ends ubuptly (did I spell that right) and without any morals...any that were clearly stated or made any sense to me, anyway.

4.  The first four chapters of my history textbook for next year....
           The only part of my review that may interest you is....I found it ten times more entertaining than Walden.

Talk to you all soon!
My name is Kaeli.....so, ya, call me Kaeli...

KAELI!!!!!! HIIII!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!  MISSED YOU BUNCHES AND BUNDLES!  *big hug*
Glad your back!  Hope you had a great time ^^

Gengi

EEEE!!!! ^__________^  WB KAELI!!!!![/glow][/size]';D ;D :D :D ;D

I hope you had a great time! :D
*~ Sirius Black - My fugitive stud muffin! :3

Where the moon shines bright.

AcId_BrOoZ

some books I would like to recomend are:
1) When the wind blows, pop goes the weasel, and roses are red, all by James Patterson.
pg-13

2)Also, the Redwall series by Brian Jacques
these are really good, they may seem odd in the beginning, because it's about a bunch of mice and moles and whatnot that live in this brick building called redwall abbey.(I know i probably sounded like a rambling drunkie, but oh well)

oooooooooooohh!!!!! SneakyPeeves, were the only ones who know of the His Dark Materials series! i'm at the beginning of the last book. I will also recomend them, for they are also good.
"There are no flowers known at this time
There'll be no angels gracing their lives
Just these stark words I find
I'd show a smile but I'm too weak
I'd share with you could I only speak
Just how much this hurts me"
-A.F.I. 'This Time is Perfect'

Kiara Johnson

You might try  The Belgarade series by David Eddings

Myth Inc.  By Robert Asprin

Also all Piers Anthiny  

ronweazley122

1.)artemis fowl(all three)
2.)Pendragon(reading two...)but i suggest you read the whole series

Kiara Johnson

Also another series is Unicorns of Balinor.  Verry good stories.

MrsRadcliffe0480

And of course there's the infamous Harry Potter series. lol.  ;)
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·

Kiara Johnson

Quote from: MrsRadcliffe0480 on May 26, 2003, 09:54:11 PM
And of course there's the infamous Harry Potter series. lol.  ;)

lol.  But we are talking of other stories we like as well.  lol

MrsRadcliffe0480

oic. my favorite book is october sky by homer hickam. the movie was awesome too. you all should read/watch it!
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·