News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Late Night

Started by XLiberatorX88, February 13, 2010, 10:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XLiberatorX88

Matt was up late that night trying to think of anything that could pass the time. He had already spent three hours on some Charms and DADA homework that was due the next morning, but was havimg  mental block on those subjects so he just gave up. It was much to cold to try and do anything outside so he just went down into the common rom to sit in front of the fire thinking about the next day. He sat there for a little while just levitating small things with his wand to pass the time. 
Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end

potter_fan122

Stacey stood in the darkest corner of the common room, practically invisible. She had on a long sleeved grey shirt and dark jeans. Her hands were tucked behind her back, and only the slightly lighter patch of her face gave her away. Her eyes were also dark, to match the room. She saw someone come in and sit down, so she just stood there for a few long minutes and tried to figure out who it was.

It was a boy, she could tell that much, and she smiled as he made little objects float through the air. Finally she decided to reveal herself.

"Don`t you have homework to do?" She asked, pushing herself out of the shadows and towards the fire.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

XLiberatorX88

When Matt heard the voice he lost all concentration and the pencils that he was levitating above his head fell."Oh..Uhmm..Yes ma'am it's right here," Matt reached to grab a random book off the table next to him and a bit of parchment."Almost done ma'am won't take me to long," Matt said hoping she would buy it and go along.

potter_fan122

Stacey rolled her eyes and flopped down in one of the chairs, flinging her legs over one arm and crossing her ankles.

"Relax. I`m not going to tell on you or anything, just make sure it`s done by tomorrow. Proffessor won`t care, niether do I, really." She glanced towards the little fire and snapped her fingers. The flames jumped to life, radiating a comfortable heat.

XLiberatorX88

Matt saw that it was Stacey and said,"Thank God I thought I was about to get another detention," then muttered,"Stupid Potions."So how are you liking the assistent DADA teacher job?" Matt asked he had given up the little act noticing the book was a Divination textbook he laughed at himself and threw the things back on the table. 

potter_fan122

Stacey shrugged and stretched her arms over her head.

"It`s alright. Kind of boring, really. I`ve known all of this stuff for years, and there`s students who just don`t get anything." She turned her head to the side to pop her neck. "I applied for this job because it was safer than working at the bar, but some people are just really dumb." Without really thinking about it she placed her hand on her stomach. It was kind of wierd how she always did that, and never seemed to notice. It just felt right.

XLiberatorX88

Matt was remembering the last time he had went to the bar then thought Stacey made a great decision by taking the DADA job.Matt saw Stacey put her hand on her stomach which he knew meant one thing."So...When is your baby due." he asked. He hoped she thought he wasn't being nosy it just kinda came out wihout realizing it.

potter_fan122

Stacey`s dark eyes flickered to Matt, slightly confused.

"Oh, um, well... September fifteenth they said, but they can be up to two weeks off. And it`s not just one, it`s twins." A strange look crossed her face, a mix between joy and weariness. It hadn`t been planned at all, and she was so young. Aiden had been so tense since he found out.

XLiberatorX88

Matt wasn't sure what to say next so he just kind of spoke his mind."So..are you ready for everything?" Matt remembered how before he had come to Hogwarts and his mother had had twins and he always saw her struggling and him having to take care of them half the time.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded, still smiling oddly.

"Yeah. Well, no. We have enough money for anything that comes our way, but... we`re just really young, you know? We didn`t mean for it to happen, but we can`t take it back." Her smile fell, and she stared off without really seeing anything.

XLiberatorX88

Matt started to think about his mother and wondered if she was ready, but it really didn't matter now."So...I guess now that your a professor you don't have much time to have fun."

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled again, her eyes changing to her warm brown.

"I still have fun. I`m just the Assisstant Proffessor, so I have more free time than the real proffessor does. I still make sure I take out time for my family and friends. Just last week a couple of us Apparated to New York."