News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

→distress

Started by potter_fan122, March 21, 2010, 09:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Axel sat down beside her and stared into the dancing flames.

"Fire is my element. I've been able to use it most of my life. It's weird because Seth controls water. It's like we're complete opposites. I never understood that." He held out his hand and let a tiny fireball form above his palm. He held it there for some time before letting it wither away.

potter_fan122

"Yeah, weird." Aice replied in a monotone voice, her eyes still on the fire. Over the years she had learned that the reason a lot of people specilized in a cetain element was because one represented their personality more.

Seth was like water. He was calming, but always going. He wanted what was best for you, but he wanted to be happy. Axel, on the other hand, was as unpredictable as fire. He was calm one minute and dangerous the next. He did what he wanted.

"I can control all of the elements, but don`t use them much."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"You're pretty talented." Axel replied, looking at her. "It's hard enough to control one element, let alone all of them. Fire is really hard, even knowing it for years, because it's so unpredictable and controlling. It can take over in a second if you don't maintain control."  This was why Axel had to be careful when he got into fights. He could end up doing something he regretted without purposely doing it.

Axel laid back against the couch and closed his eyes, listening to the sounds of cracking wood. He smiled to himself.

potter_fan122

Alice turned her head so she could see Axel clearly, her cheek now pressed to her knee.

"I`ve had a long time to practice." She asnwered simply. "Fire is the most difficult element to control, but it`s not the hardest to use. Earth is the hardest, because you have to will life into things. That takes real practice." She blinked slowly.

She could hear the couch creaking, of course, but she could also hear other things. Axel`s beating heart, his blood pumping through his body, the breaths of students on the other side of the thick stone wall. She heard it all, and it was really starting to annoy her.

Sky

Axel nodded, his eyes still closed. The warmth of the fire almost made him drowsy.

"How many years have you gone to Hogwarts?" He asked, rubbing his head.

potter_fan122

"Fourty-two years," She answered without needing to think about it. "I went to a school in France before, but they kicked me out because I was missing my classes. The old headmaster let me transfer here. I don`t have to go to classes or anything anymore, but I do sometimes. I basically just live here. I help out when I can." She shrugged, feeling blank.

((I got to go. My head hurts really bad. >.< Have a good weekend.))

Sky

Axel raised his eyebrows, opening his eyes in surprise. Fourty-two years? Axel couldn't imagine doing O.W.L's and N.E.W.T's again and again. But then she said she basically just lived in the castle. A bell rang out in the hall. Dinner was over. 

"Get ready for a stampede." Axel said with a smirk. Soon, kids would be piling into the Common Room noisely and start to mess around.  "We can go upstairs for more privacy if you want." He said, nodding toward the boy's dormitory. "I mean, so we can talk without having to deal with the satisfying stench of dungbombs." He let out a chuckle before sitting up straighter.

potter_fan122

Alice laughed and rolled her eyes. Distantly she could hear students wander out of the Great Hall and towards the stairs.

"I have a feeling there will be a few other people wanting privacy," She said softly, passing over the thoughts of one random sixth year boy. "How about we got up to one of the towers? No one else will want to go up there this late." She unfolded her legs from her body and rested her feet against the floor. Hundreds of students were now ranmbling up the moving stairs.

Sky

"Lead the way." Axel said, bringing himself into a standing position and stretching. He decided to let fire remain lit for the others.

((Shazam.))

potter_fan122

Alice smiled and stood up. Looking over her shoulder she sashayed over to the door and pushed it open for Axel.

"Did you take an astronomy class?" She asked as she stepped out into the hall.

(( X.X ))

Sky

"At my other school." Axel said once he made it into the hall. He saw students coming up the stairs, their voices echoing off the ceiling.

"Why do you ask?"

potter_fan122

Alice shrugged, starting down the hall.

"It looks amazing up in the towers at night. You can see the stars perfectly, even without my eyesight." She looked up at Axel, ignoring the hair that fell into her eyes. He looked different, somehow. Softer, maybe.

Sky

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Axel grinned and took off running toward's the towers. He didn't bother waiting because he would be the having to catch up. By the time he made it to the tower, he wasn't out of breath at all.

((Rjejerir8i457fnvn....))

potter_fan122

Alice laughed and raced after Axel. Instead of jogging ahead of him she stayed by his side. When they finally stopped she didn`t look like she had been running at all.

"Come on." She was grinning when she pushed the heavy door to the tower open. A cool burst of air rushed past her and she breathed in deeply.

Sky

"Wow, it's breezy up here." Axel said, as he stepped through the door. He felt the wind blow his hair all around and fought to keep his bangs out of his eyes until the wind stopped and there was only cold air.