News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Concerning the ad on the top of HPF

Started by fudge0604, March 22, 2010, 05:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

uglycupcakes

Okay, well I'd love to get into this. I haven't been back to HPF for very long, but it used to be so much fun, and i don't want to quit!! Can I have your name or email address or something so i can send you a friend request?

~Harry Potter~

I don't think we have to worry about this being tossed out from under us.  Knowing Admin he will tell us the month he can no longer keep the site going.  We can prepare but we shouldn't have to worry about us losing all our characters and such. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

purpleraincloud

Stacey; I have used proboards, and I have photoshops cs4! So I can help out with that. Thanks for the backup!

The closing of this site would be a tragedy! I've made so many good friends (and possibly a few enimies).....

But the point is.......as long as we all stick together, and stick to ONE backup site, we will live on!

Now was that cheesy enough for me to hit post yet? Sure!
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Miss Xantier

I've also used Proboards many times. I have a really close cousin of mine, who is really good at doing skins and coding. But I can do that too... Not the skins.

Ginny Weasly

Like Harry said, if anything were to happen, Admin would tell us. If we were in an immediate danger of it closing, I am positive he would let us know.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Miss Xantier

But what if he doesn't. What if he just comes back and the site is gone?

~Harry Potter~

It all takes trust.  Me and Ginny have been around Admin a lot longer then you guys have.  We know that Admin wouldn't do that unless he himself did not know that the site was about to crash.  Going behind his back to make another site could just lead to it crashing more since we don't know how much out of pocket he is paying or how little he is making just because he doesn't want this to end for us.  If we show that we don't care and move off, it could lead to it dying all the faster. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

fudge0604

Harry, it is a backup. Even though I agree with your sight. We will not abandon this site for another. It would never happen.

Post Potter depression.

Sky

Yeah, it's definitely just a back up. I know the Admin wouldn't do that to us, but we just thought it'd be a good idea to make it just in case. We wouldn't leave this site for another anyway, as you can tell how concerned we are about the existance of this one.

Nadia Nicole

Hi, I'm new! Is it true that this site is gonna go dead, because the admin can't keep the URL?

fudge0604

It might happen. But, you can just stay. The chance is a bit small, since the site's been going since 2000.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Okay, my input... I REALLY hope that HPF doesn't go under! It's so much fun, and let's me keep my creative juices flowing!! Anyways, it truly is wonderful!

I agree that Admin would tell us if the site was closing, but I also think that the backup plan would be nice.  It is called a 'backup' for a reason.  Only in the event that this site goes under, would I leave it.  ((Do you get in a life boat when you hear a storm is coming that might hit the ship? I think NOT!!))

Stacey: I've never done anything with a proboard before, but if you wouldn't mind sending me the link anyways, I would still love to help out in any way possible!

Sky: I gave up Facebook for Lent... so it might be a while on the whole request thing :)

HamandCheese

If that happens i will try to make a website to come back to!!!!
Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.

Miss Xantier

Ham. If the site goes bye bye, we'll be moving to a backup site, that Stacey owns.