News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

°Trying to waste time.°

Started by purpleraincloud, July 13, 2010, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

"What was he like?" Phoenix asked suddenly, breaking the silence. "I can understand if you don't want to talk about it..., I just thought maybe it would...er...help." He was still watching the flames.

purpleraincloud

His voice startled her. She was almost asleep. It took her a moment, but she answered his question.

"He was...kind to me. My only friend. Sweet to me. He would calm me down when I got upset. Just hold me for hours. Until I calmed down. Promised to be there for me. Said we could build a life together. Was my savior. B-but he had an awful temper. He got into a fight with his cousin. And his cousin killed him."

She sighed after she finished talking.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

Phoenix suddenly realized something. He had read the story in the Daily Prophet several weeks ago. Why didn't he piece it together? He felt so stupid.

Local graduate killed in bar fight.

A recent graduate known as Axel R. Hampton was killed last night at the Hog's Head during a fight with classmate and cousin Landon S. Lockhart after a fierce brawl. Witnesses say Hampton had taunted and started the fight. It is unclear whether or not he was intoxicated at the time. Lockhart claims he had attacked Hampton in self-defense, but did not intentionally cause the fatal wound to his chest. Authorities have not released any further details at this time. There was no funeral for Hampton, but for those who would like to pay their respects to Hampton can find his grave at Godric's Hollow.

"I'm sorry." He said gently. "I'm sure he's watching over you right now."

purpleraincloud

"I hope so."

But at the same time, while she wished that Axel was watching over her, she wished that Axel was not watching her. She wasn't lying. Axel did have a temper. And although it had never happened, Avalee was sure that Axel would not be happy with her sitting this close to another man. A person that was not him.

Or would he want her to move on? This was a question Avalee had been pondering for a while. Would she ever love again. Her steady relationship with Axel was the only thing that had kept her sane in the past few months. Without him there, like a stable column or support for a building, she collapsed.

She remember standing alone at the cemetery. All alone. Staring down at where the one she loved was buried.
It's just another day

Sky

"Do you want to go visit his grave?" Phoenix asked, sitting up to look at her. "I mean, if you want someone to go with you, I could go." There was something in Phoenix's mind that was telling him to watch Avalee, to keep her out of harm's way and protect her. And yet he had only known her for a short amount of time.

purpleraincloud

"I would like that. Thank you Phoenix."

She paused then thinking. Her head almost clear for a moment.

"Am I going to get in trouble for being in here?
" She whispered as if someone was listening.
It's just another day

Sky

"You're welcome."  As she asked about being in trouble, Phoenix listened to see if anyone was approaching. He heard footsteps outside, but it didn't sound like they were intending to visit his room.

"I don't think so." He replied in the same whispered tone. "But it's best not to let anyone know."

purpleraincloud

"Okay."

But forever self-conscious Avalee, had to ask another question.

"Is it alright with you if I am here? Right now?" They were almost strangers after all.
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix smiled and nodded.

"Of course it's alright. I don't mind at all. In fact, I could use some company as I'm kind of new to this school. There's nobody here but some teacher's that I knew from when I graduate." He realized how close they were and scooted a few inches away. "Is there um, anything I can get you? Anything I can do?"

purpleraincloud

"No, I'm alright." She sighed and sat up. Her head pounded. Headache? Yes. Alcohol plus crying equals major dehydration.

"Actually, can I have a glass of water?" Her throat was beginning to get scratchy. She stretched her back, and it popped.
It's just another day

Sky

"Yes, of course."

Phoenix lifted himself off of the couch and proceeded to a cupboard with multiple glasses and bowls. He retrieved a clear glass cup and pointed his wand above it. "Aguamenti." He muttered, the glass immediately filling almost to the rim with water. He set his wand on the nightstand, then handed her the glass before sitting down once more.

purpleraincloud

Avalee drank it quickly. The cold water felt good as she drank. She sat there then in the awkward silence. Then she smirked.

"So, you know a bit about me. What about you Phoenix...?" Then she realized she didn't know his last name.
It's just another day

Sky

"Stark." Phoenix finished for her. "Um, there's not a whole lot about me. I grew up along the country side, so I never really had neighbors or kids to play with. I went to school here, my house being Gryffindor. I was one of the nerds. And I graduated...five years ago. Wow...it's been a long time."

purpleraincloud

She just breathed and took it all in. Five years ago? He was five years older than her?

"You're twenty-three?"
She asked, almost surprised.
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix could sense the surprise. He had expected it sooner or later.

"Twenty-two actually." He said, a small grin appearing on his face. "My birthday's in May."