News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

:new tricks:

Started by potter_fan122, July 20, 2010, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

-My feet hurt.-

Stacey couldn`t help but notice that as she moved around the common room, picking up a book here or a scroll there. Classes would start in about three weeks, and she needed to perfect her class plans still. She would have substitute for a few months, but she planned on coming back. She loved her job. Well, secretly she knew that she wouldn`t be ready to take care of two children, and Aiden had always insisted on working even though her father had a huge bank account in their names. Her mom would be coming down and helping. She was still a bit upset with her father, so she hadn`t talked to him about it much.

Finally collapsing on the couch, she realized just how little it took for her to be tired any more. It made her angry, actually. She loved running around in the forest or suddenly deciding to go swimming in the lake. But those things required being quick. While she could hear and smell better currently-- side effects of all the hormones-- but still, she wasn`t fast enough for the creatures that inhabited those spots.

"Ugh!" she exclaimed loudly after a moment, letting her head fall onto the back of the couch. She was burning up in her maternal short-sleeved shirt and shorts. With a flick of her fingers the fire went down and heat left the room.

"Much better."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"Tired?"
  Pheonix stepped into the common room, a tall man with neatly groomed brown hair, icy blue eyes, and glasses. He was skinny and had on a black polo with khaki pants and black dress shoes. He noticed the pregnant woman collapse onto the couch, and for a moment was worried, but then saw that she was alright. He had heard of her. He wasn't sure what class she was teaching, but her name was Stacey Gray. She looked to be about eighteen.

"How about I open some windows? It's stuffy up here." He didn't bother to wait for a reply. He already had walked over to the windows and opened two of them, letting in a nice breeze.

potter_fan122

Stacey didn`t jump at the sudden appearance. In her mind, it wasn`t quite so sudden. She had felt his mental field around the school, the traces of his being lingering around. She hadn`t met him yet, but she had been a little busy lately.

"I could have gotten that, but thank you," she replied, watching him move to the windows. Yes, it was stuffy, but the warm air that blew in sure wasn`t helping. She was hot, but nothing could change that but birth at this point. She had almost twice the amount of blood running through her veins, that`s the real reason she was hot. Still, that wasn`t easily changed right now.

"I`m Stacey. I`ll be teaching DA again this year." Stacey instroduced herself, sitting up a little bit and leaning against the arm of the couch.

Sky

He smiled at Stacey and leaned against the wall by the windows.

"My name is Phoenix Stark.It's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be teaching Astronomy this year." He said, a hint of excitement in his tone. "I just thought I'd come check out the school. I was a Gryffindor back when I went here, so I never got to see the other common rooms. They don't look very different though." He looked at the fireplace and the sets of furniture. Everything was just a different color.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded, smiling. She had been in all of the common rooms constantly. There was hardly a time when she hadn`t known the trick to open all of the doors.

"I was a Gryffindor, too. We weren`t supposed to go in the other common rooms, you know, but that never stopped my lot. We were every where." She grinned, remembering the way she and her friends would sneak about. The way she could move about, so silently, she missed that. Now she was lucky to not stumble.

"Do you have everything planned out already? Your classes and everything, I mean." She looked Pheonix over. He was in his early twenties, fresh and know-it-all like, by the way things were looking. Just like most men.

Sky

"Um, I'm trying to work some out. I've got to clean and arrange the classroom before anything. But I have a few ideas up my sleeve." He put his hands in his pockets and turned to look out the window.

"What about you? Do you have your classes arranged and what not?"  He was staring at the forest, and a smile came to his face when he saw a unicorn sprint from out of the heavy mass of trees and into the open. They were beautiful creatures, the way their mane flowed along their back, and how they trotted so gracefully. He followed the unicorn with his eyes and watched as it ran around and went back into the forest.

potter_fan122

She couldn`t help but watch Pheonix, letting her mind reach out to his. He seemed nice enough, humbled maybe? She wasn`t the best at reading people until they got to talking, but for some reason he just didn`t seem very conceded.

"Yeah. I haven`t had much to do since last year ended. Not much I can do. My lessons are going to get pretty boring." She made a face as she spoke. Being pregnant was really cutting her activity back. For instance, right now she might have been running in the forest. God, how she missed running.

Sky

Phoenix chuckled.

"I remember one year, I think it was third year, our D.A teacher had to leave for a few weeks. So our substitute gave us text work. That was the worst. Those text books are complicated."

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled brightly, glad that this guy at least wasn`t boring like the others.

"I try to make my lessons fun, put some action in there instead of just paperwork. I believe that actually doing something is always better than just reading about how to do it. Hands-on experience is always the best." Stacey nodded to herself as she spoke. Using her hands was something she could still do, so there was actually a lot of handy-work in her schedual this year.

Sky

"So how's it feel to be pregnant?" He asked with a crooked smile. "If you and your husband go to birthing classes, I'm going to feel really bad if he has to do that muggle thing and were the sympathy belly or whatever its called." He pretended to cringe at the thought.

potter_fan122

Stacey hid her smile behind a wince. She wouldn`t give up being pregnant for anything, no matter how much she complained. Twins was exactly what she wanted. At least, before she felt like there was a weight attatched to her middle.

"It`s like having a watermelon straped to your stomach, except you can`t see your toes," she replied, grinning again. "And I have no problem making my husband wear a sympathy belly. It`ll make him help out more." Okay, she liked this guy. He said 'your husband' instead of 'your boyfriend'. A lot of people assumed she just got knocked up, especially Muggles. No, she was married. Young, but still married first. She was too resonsible for things to have worked differently.

Sky

"A watermelon? Look's like you've got two going on over there." He laughed and then grinned. "But I'm sure you're excited. Birthday parties, wands, sending them off to Hogwarts. You've got quite an adventure ahead of you."

potter_fan122

Stacey folded her hands over the mound that was her stomach-- scarily enough.

"I`m sure it`ll be full of ups and downs, but I wouldn`t trade it for the world. One girl, one boy. Don`t know how that happened." She had always wanted twins. Growing up as an only child, she didn`t want that for any of her kids. Have a twin brother suddenly show up had been a blessing and a curse.

"Enough of how big I am for now. Is there anything you haven`t seen yet or want explained? I know this place inside out."

Sky

He shook his head and pushed himself off of the wall.

"No, that's alright. I'm actually pretty familiar with the place. It's only been five years." He gave her a smile. "Thank you though."

potter_fan122

She couldn`t help but smile fully now, flashing her white teeth. Five years? That would make him, what, twenty two?

"Haha. Wow, I didn`t think you were that old," she teased, standing up slowly and moving towards the fire. With a simple curling motion of her her fingers the flames jumped up and moved into waves, rolling in on themselves before settling back into embers.