News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

running out of time [3, 2, 1]

Started by potter_fan122, December 29, 2010, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Alice closed her eyes for a moment, then sat up.  Her face was neutral, but on the inside a million thoughts ran through her mind.  Today had been... completely unreal.  A huge part of her felt terrible for what happened with Seth.  They loved each other a lot... just not in the way that made it possible for them to live together as husband and wife.  The things she had put him through must have been torture, and she knew that she could never forgive herself.

At the same time, this somehow felt... right.  Meant to be.  It was completely ridiculous that anything should feel right now, but being with Axel just seemed warm.  Welcoming.  He wasn't judging her for what had happened.  He cared about her, obviously, or he would have left when they were in the forest. He could have gotten away if he had been a wolf.  She wouldn.t have been able to catch him.

And yet here he was.

She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "This is going to be complicated, you know that, right?"
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Axel nodded and pushed himself from the wall, walking slowly to the bed and sat down on the side, his feet on the dusty wooden floor.

"I know." He said softly over his shoulder. "This is gonna be hard. I think its best we don't let our emotions get too attached right now. Not when we're both vulnerable." Axel pushed his hair back only for it to fall back in place. "Do you understand?"

potter_fan122

Alice nodded slowly, her eyes on the floor.  She really wanted to move closer to him, hold his hand, and lean her head against his should where he could tell her everything would be okay.

But that was something that just wasn't going to happen right now.

"Yes.  What...what do you think we should do about... each other and Avalee and... Seth?"  She struggled to put her words together, which was odd for her.

Sky

"We let whatever happens. You should know that nobody will be given my heart anytime soon. I don't want a relationship. They're so complicated and you get hurt in the long run. So Avalee, I don't know. She may either choose to wait and see how I feel or pick up on that Phoenix dude. As for Seth, he's too emotionally stricken to bother with a relationship right now. ((Or is he? o_O)) So that leaves...you." He laid down on his back, and looked at her.

potter_fan122

Alice stayed where she moved, unmoving.  This wasn't what she wanted to hear, although it was probably for the best....

"Me..."  What did she want?  Did it really matter?  She lived her life, so wasn't it other people's happiness that mattered?  "I can... just wait, I guess.  See what happens with Seth and... you.  I don't want things to be complicated anymore."  Her voice was soft and slow.  She didn't want to lie to him, but she couldn't tell him how she really felt.  He just said he didn't want a relationship.  She didn't want problems, that's what she wanted.  But all relationships can with problems, right?

Sky

Axel sat up and put his hand on her shoulder.

"I don't know how to explain this. I'm sorry. I'm just so confused right now. I love you, but I love Avalee too. And I just can't sort it out right now. That's what I mean by not wanting a relationship. I want one when I know what I want. Or in this case, who." He brushed his hand against the soft skin of her cheek.
  "But I really care for you. Like a lot. And I don't want you to get attached in case things go a different way. You're...special, Alice. You really are." Axel didn't even notice that he was going on and on. He just wanted to make sure Alice understood because he liked where they were going, but wanted to prepare her for what could happen.

potter_fan122

((HHeeeey, Axel should tell her about Seth and Aves. She "doesn't know".))

Alice turned to face him, trying desperately to keep her face plain.  What he said made perfect sense, but at the same time it wasn't what she wanted.  She hadn't realize how used she had become to having her way, but she did now.  She was spoiled and she knew it.

"I understand," she started softly, "I love you, too.  I know I shouldn't, but I do.  Some people may not like it, but they don't matter to me.  I want you to know that I will always be here for you, no matter what you choose.  I'm not that kind of person."

Sky

"Then, you should know something." Axel pulled his hand away and sighed. How could he put this? He didn't want Alice to hurt Avalee because the old Axel certainly would have tried to hurt Seth.

"Avalee and Seth...er...kissed. That night when we all accidentally met up, except for him." He couldn't look at her. He had no idea how she'd react.

potter_fan122

*Avalee and Seth...kissed.  They kissed.  Kissed.  They kissed.*

That ran through her mind for it seemed like an endless time.  Then in really felt like it hit her.  Seth and Avalee kissed.

*That hypocritical bastard.*  She didn't say it out loud, but her expression said it all.  She wasn't really mad at the girl at all, but she was pissed at Seth.  He had gotten so angry when he found out that she kissed Axel, but he couldn't even tell her that he kissed Avalee?  How unlike him.

Alice snapped back to reality, realizing that she was still here with Axel.

"Oh God, I'm sorry.  Uh... thank you... for telling me."

Sky

Axel leaned over and lightly kissed her cheek and then pulled her into his arms, so that his arms were around her waist. He rested his chin on her shoulder and couldn't help but notice how delightful her hair smelled.

potter_fan122

Alice closed her eyes, suddenly overwhelmed by different things.  She could smell Axel with perfect clarity; so well that she could picture him.  He felt like he was radiating heat around her, and it felt so wonderful.  He said he didn't want a relationship, but he kept kissing her.  He told her not to get attatched, and he was wrapping his arms around her and being so sweet.  She could feel his soft hair against her neck, and she turned her head towards him and opened her crystal blue eyes. 

"Please don't hate me for this," she breathed before pressing her lips to his.  Somehow she managed to turn herself around so she was completely facing him and her arms were wrapped around his neck.

Sky

Axel found he was face to face with her, his sky blue eyes locked on her crystal blue. Beautiful blue. He smiled and twisted a piece of black hair around his finger, then let it go.

"Please don't hate me for this,"
Her lips, for once not icy and cold, pushed against his, and for a moment, there was bliss. But wait.... He put enough space between them so he could look at her. He stroked her cheek again, supporting her with the other hand.

"I could never, ever hate you." He whispered.

potter_fan122

Alice pulled away and turned to face the wall.  Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, and she didn't think she could hold them back.  She didn't even know why she was crying.  He said he could never hate her, but that's not what was wrong..

"I'm sorry," she whispered.  She feared that if she spoke any louder her voice would break.

Sky

"Alice...." Axel shifted so now he was facing her. He took her face in his hands and wiped the tears with his thumbs. "Why? Why are you sorry?" He kissed her forehead. "What's wrong, Alice?"

potter_fan122

She pulled away and turned again; she couldn't look at him, not now.  She didn't know exactly what was wrong.  All she knew was that today she had been rejected by her own husband and seemingly accepted by Axel only to be pushed away again.  She just didn't understand it.

*Stupid human emmotions.*

"It's nothing.  I just... got something in my eye."