News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

YOU CAN'T HIDE.

Started by potter_fan122, January 5, 2011, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

When the flames appeared, she thought she would have a heart attack.  She gasped and fell to her knees, reaching out to help him.  She pulled back when her hand was just short of the fire.  He had caused this, and he wasn't burning himself.

*He's not killing himself.*[/color]

"Axel!  Are you okay?" She asked when the flames disappeared.  She was at his side in a moment, not caring about the heat.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"No, I'm not okay." Axel whispered hoarsely. "You need to go home. Go home and be with Seth."

((Eh.))

potter_fan122

Alice laughed in a slightly hysterical tone.

"Yeah right. I'm not leaving you here alone, Axel."  She paused, looking him over.  "Do you... want a glass of water or something?"

Sky

Axel turned, his sky blue eyes, now a pale sort of color, widened.

"No, I don't want anything from you! I told you to go home! For your own good, Alice, just get out of here and leave me alone!" His voice lowered to a faint whisper. "Let me go! I don't have a reason to be here."

potter_fan122

"Yes you do!" She countered, not budging.

"You have every right to live.  If one of use deserves to be dead it's me.  Now you need to understand that I am not going out that door until I know you're okay.  I'm not going to just leave you here with your own anger to deal with.  I love you, and I refuse to let you harm youself!"  Her words came out in a long rush.  She inhaled sharply, understanding what she had said.  She meant it, every word.

Sky

"d**n it. You don't love me!" Axel shot back. "If you loved me, you would have come back for me, not to tell me you're not interested after all! Don't you dare try to play that ridiculous 'love card'. It's not working this time."

potter_fan122

She jerked back like he had slapped her.  Really, it woul dhave hurt less if he did.  She understood now.  She got it.  She loved Seth, but she loved Axel.  Seth was safe, and perfect, and calm.  Axel was like a fire that spread through her.  Safe was like a field of grass--predictable, easy--but fire was what burned.

"Oh $h!t," she whispered, falling back onto her heels.  Her wide eyes were glassy and staring off into nothing.  It was surprising that she hadn't cried yet, but maybe with all the crying she had done reccently her body couldn't handle it.

"You're wrong," she breathed, I was wrong.  I really did ruin everything."  Alice titled her head to the side, still unseeing.  Her mind was spinning, finally figuring out the puzzle that was her life.

Sky

"What were you wrong about?" Axel asked quietly, curiosity striking him. "Tell me."

potter_fan122

"About Seth.  About myself.  About... us," she replied thoughtfully, her eyes now moving back to Axel.

Slowly she crawled towards him.  She watched him for a moment, then reached out a hand and traced her fingers across the back of his hand.

"I need you to tell me what this feels like to you.  What you feel when I touch you."

Sky

"Chills." He said shortly.  Axel paused and then looked at her. "And what about you?" He took his fingertips and trailed them down her cheek.

potter_fan122

Her eyes unfocused again.  "Warmth.  Like fire," she breathed.  In an instant her eyes snapped back to his, wide.

"I...I want to try something, if you'll allow me to," she asked.  She didn't know how he would react if she kissed him, and she didn't want to make him angry again.  That had been one of the scariest things she'd ever seen.

Sky

Axel nodded.

"Shoot." He said, shrugging. She could do whatever. At this point, he didn't really care. His icy eyes dropped to hers.

potter_fan122

Alice nodded to herself slowly, letting her eyes drop to her hands.  She saw that they were trembling;  funny how she hadn't noticed that before.  She inhaled slowly, trying to calm herself down. 

"Okay.  If you need me too... just push me away,"  she instructed before leaning forward.  She paused just before her lips touched his, breathing in his ashy scent.  There was a sort of rumbling in her stomach like before, and finally she kissed him.  She was gentle, of course.  She wasn't sure how much he could handle right now.  Or how much she couldn handle.

Sky

Axel wasn't surprised to feel her cold lips against him. In fact, he kind of figured that was going to happen. And he couldn't deny that he wanted to kiss her back. But he couldn't. He lightly pushed her back, enough so that she could see eye to eye with him.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked. "What will it prove?"

potter_fan122

The space between them was like ice sliding down her spine.  She inhaled sharply, quickly closing her mouth before she realized how stupid she probbaly looked. 

*Hungry.  That's what I am,* she thought idly.

"I'm... not exactly sure how to explain it.  When... I touch you--or kiss you--I get this feeling that I can't... it's like when I was a vampire.  I'm hungry.   But not for blood, not even yours.  I'm hungry for you, if that makes sense, and I don't know how to make it go away.  I don't think I want it to go away."  She was rambling now.  She had stood up and started pacing, not looking at him.  She couldn't.  If she did, she was afraid she would lose it. 

This hunger wasn't something she wanted to admit.  Not only would it potentially ruin her marriage with Seth, but it would also influence Axel.  She wasn't sure how it would but there was no doubt that it would.  Also, it was much to similar to her vampire habits for her to be comfortable.