News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

YOU CAN'T HIDE.

Started by potter_fan122, January 5, 2011, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

What?

Axel watched her pace and go on about her hunger. Her hunger for him. He didn't understand quite what that meant. But she was nervous. Axel could see that clearly. He stepped behind her and put his arms around her, bringing his lips to her jawbone.

potter_fan122

Alice sighed softly, turning towards him slightly and resting a hand on his chest.  She wanted to run her fingers through his hair, pull him closer.  But she didn't.  It took an extraordinary amount of self control, but she managed.

"What you said earlier.. about loving me... did you mean it?" She whispered, her voice showing much more vunerablility than it had in a very long time.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Axel closed his eyes and breathed silently. As he opened them, he smiled a little.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't have been here waiting, now would I?"

potter_fan122

A wide smile formed, her eyes sparkling.  He love dher still.  She just might have to go giggle about that.  Her smile fell, though, as she began thinking.

"Axel... I know this is very... repetitive of me, but I truely think that you are the one I should be with.  Not Seth.  I went home earlier, and he was there--you know that.  It's just so easy to be with him.  So simple.  But with you, it's different.  I don't know how to explain it, but I love you.  I know that now, and I don't know how I ever thought Seth was right for me." She paused, knowing she was rambling again.

"Do you know what... what you want to do?  In terms of staying in town."

Sky

Axel couldn't help but to have a big smile on his face. A big warm smile. He knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help it. This seemed right. And Axel did love Avalee, but he wasn't in love with her. They just didn't have that kind of chemistry.

"I don't have any idea. What do you suggest?" He asked. "But you need to understand, that there's no going back after this. You can still go back to Seth if...if you want to. There's time." He didn't want her to leave though. He didn't notice his arms pulling her a little closer.

potter_fan122

She noticed, and it made her smile come back.  She placed her other hand on his chest, taking in the heat that rolled off of him.

"I know I can, but I don't want to.  He would let me, too.  That's the thing.  He's... too soft for me, I guess.  I mean, I love him, but I'm finding that I'm not in love with him,"

Sky

Axel nodded.

"That's Seth for you. But we'll send for somebody to get your things later. Lets go out and enjoy ourselves. I think we've been under enough stress for a little while, wouldn't you agree?" He took his hand and linked it with hers, flashing a smile.

potter_fan122

Alice smiled again.  She was greatful for the distraction spending time with him would bring, that he understood her enough to know that she wouldn't want to go back to the house for all of her things like she had attempted earlier.  It would just mess things up, and he got that.  But that was why she loved him:  he understood her.

"I would love that,"

Sky

((Congrats on post number:10,300. Haha. :P))

"I'm sorry...for this." He said, suggesting the mess of the apartment and his emotions. "I...I've been fighting off my anger for so long, I couldn't contain it. That's a risk about being with me. I can't always keep myself under control."

But Alice knew that, so why was he even bothering warning her? He felt bad. His mood had changed so suddenly. He was so upset, now he was happy.

"But what would you like to do? Dinner? Are you even hungry? Go for a walk? See a muggle movie, hang out here? I can clean up...." He frowned at his mess.

potter_fan122

((Congrats on post... 5151! XD ))

"Honestly, a walk sounds amazing," she answered, squeezing his hand.  "And don't worry about it.  I like your anger.  It makes you more... manly."  She paused a moment, then started laughing.

Sky

Axel just rolled his eyes, with a smile.

"Hold on." He made sure they had a good grip on each other's hands and then he apparated, going through that odd cramped feeling for just a moment. They landed firmly on the ground of a park, covered in a thin layer of powdery white snow, glistening with the setting sun. There were other couple's here, children, and other people. Some were even walking their dogs. He used his wand to brush away the snow that covered the walking path.
      "Will this do?"

potter_fan122

Alice wasn't expecting the apparating, and the tight feeling stayed with her longer than it would have.  When they landed she looked around and smiled. 

"Wow, what is this place?" She asked, watching as he removed the snow from their path.  It must be somewhere with wizards, or he someone would have noticed him doing that.

Sky

"I'm not really sure where we are exactly. It was a place in my memory. To be honest, I wasn't really sure if it was real." He looked around at the snow covered trees and the people. The frozen lake in the center of the pond with a stone bridge.

"I think I came here with my parents when I was really young."

potter_fan122

"Oh,"

She said softly, looking at the ground.  In reality, she didn't know very much about Axel.  She did know about his parents, but not much.  It couldn't be easy for him to think or talk about it, so she didn't push him.  But she would want to know some day.  Maybe she would learn a few things tonight.

"Thank you.  For bringing me here, I mean.  You didn't have to."

If this was one a the few places he remembered with his parents, it should have been kept private.  This was his memory, not hers.  She realized just how much she must matter to him, then.  He was willing to let her into his life.  Whatever it cost.

Sky

There was a flashback. Axel as a little boy, his hair lighter than it was now, walking between his parents hand in hand. He was laughing because every now and then, they would swing him up into the air. It was summer. Or maybe spring. That he wasn't so sure of. But the sun was out.

"No problem." Axel said absently. He brought himself back to reality and squeezed her hand. "I wanted to. You seemed to have needed a little getaway."