News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

ch.1 Kiara's time

Started by Kiara Johnson, April 9, 2003, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

(Thanks)

Kiara was half way down to the Slytherin dungeon when she ran into Snape.

"So, what's a young Gryffindor doing wandering the halls so late at night?"

"Please, I need to see Draco. Just for a moment." Kiara pleaded with him.

Then, to both Kiara's surprise and his own..

"Oh, you need to see Draco, hum, ok, but I'm still taking 20 points from Gryffindor for you being out of your tower so late."

He let her go, he didn't know why he cared but, she looked as though she needed some one to talk with right now.

Kiara thanked him and turned to leave.

((Done.))

Kiara heard in her head. She looked at Snape but didn't think he had said it. She forgot about it and continued on her way.

When she got down to the porthole she realized, once again, she had no idea of the password.

Well, I guess I'll just have to do this the other way. She thought to herself.

She gathered her will again but this time, the painting, knowing how he had gotten scorched by her last time, just opened up for her.

"Thank you." she said as she walked in.

"As if I was given a choice, I mean honestly..."  The painting grumbled.

Once inside, she realized every one was sleeping.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go and wake him. She said to herself.

She crept up to his room, remembering were it was from the other night, and going to his bedside, she shook him

"Draco, Draco get up." She said quietly, not wanting to wake anyone else up.

"Who is it?" He said sleepily.

Then realizing whom it was, he grabbed her and pulled her under his blankets with him. She immediately cuddled up to him. She put her head on his chest and started to cry.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked, concerned.

"I'm sorry we fought today." She sniffed. "I just needed you to hold me for a while. Just to make sure." She said, snuggling as close as she could.

"Make sure of what, Kiara?"

"Make sure you weren't going to still be mad at me." She replied, still crying.

"Your not telling me everything. What is wrong? It was just a small fight and I know you wouldn't be this upset over it."

Draco sat up, making her do the same. He grabbed her shoulders and made her look at him.

"We are going down stairs so, we wont wake any one else and you, are going to tell me everything that is bothering you, if it kills you."

He left no room for argument and took her down stairs to sit in front of the fire.

"Now, tell me." He said, staring at her expectantly.

Kiara Johnson

Kiara took a long steadying, breath then she began.

"Ok, tonight, when Harry, Ron , Hermione and I were studying, Ron just kept staring at me."

Draco's expression turned angry.

"Not an empty stare but, an all consuming type stare. You know, like a hungry dog stares at a piece of meat. Well, any way, it was making me really nervous so I told him to stop."

Draco took a deep breath.

"Anyway, we had another fight and then, I really looked into his eyes and well, I realized, there was no way I could ever get that look out of them, no way to make him think of me as, just a friend, again. I think it just kinda frightened me a little. That's all."  She finished.

Draco sat there looking very angry.

Who does Ron think he is. Trying to take Kiara away from me will be the last mistake he ever makes. He thought.

"I think, it is time Mr. Weasley and I had a little talk." Draco said angrily, clenching his fists.

"No, don't Draco. Oh, why was I even put into Gryffindor? Every one has been against us from the start. Now, Ron seems to be in love with me, and, you want to kill Ron. No Draco, you must please, just leave him alone. If you hurt him them, I loose Harry's support and then, please, Draco, please don't ---"

"Kiara, what am I supposed to do? Every guy in this school wants you. Ron is the only one with balls, big enough to try and stand in my way and, he needs to leave you the hell alone!"

Kiara was quiet for a while.

Lily_Evans

Kiara Johnson

"It's almost as if everyone except for, your dad, Snape and Dumbledore, has tried or is trying to keep us apart. I think, maybe, it's time for me to talk with Dumbledore." Kiara said, finally.

They didn't talk anymore. Draco just held her protectively in his arms until, they fell asleep ---

Crabbe and Goyle were the first ones down the next morning.

"Draco, Draco wake up!" Crabbe shook the two of them.

"Oh, Sh**!" Draco exclaimed when, he realized what had happened.

"We've got to get you out of here, Kiara."

They hurried to the porthole and got there just as Professor Snape walked in.

"Good morning, Draco, Kiara." Snape said quietly. "You two leave us, and don't breath a word of this to anyone."

Crabbe and Goyle both nodded then, quickly went down to breakfast.

Snape looked at the two of them.

"Lets go to my office, it's much more private there."

So, they walked down to Snape's office. Kiara and Draco fearing the worst. He closed the door behind them and motioned them to sit. Then he spoke.

"I came by last night to check on everything and, guess what I found. Yes, the two of you sleeping on the couch." He regarded the two of them for a bit. "The only two, besides Crabbe and Goyle, who know about this are myself and Professor Dumbledore and, since I did, allow you, Kiara, to go in last night, I guess I could overlook it. You should have been in Slytherin from the start, anyway. Professor Dumbledore seems to agree with me, on this one. So, I guess your off the hook. I hope, Draco, you got plenty of rest for the game today." Snape actually smiled at him.

The effect was somewhat amusing and, both Draco and Kiara had to work really hard to hold back their laughter.

"Ok, well I'm going back to the tower to change, I'll see you at breakfast, Draco. Uh, thanks Professor."

Kiara got up to leave.

"Just one moment, Kiara. Draco, you may go now."

After Draco left and had closed the door behind him, Snape continued.

"Kiara, Professor Dumbledore wishes to see you in his office after you have finished eating. Please seriously consider what he asks of you. I know it will sound scary and it will be dangerous, however, I believe if anyone could pull it off, you can. You may go now."

With that said, he went up to breakfast.

Kiara was in deep thought.

What could, would, my godfather ask of me that, would scare me and be dangerous. Why was Snape so, well, nice?

She was so deep in thought, she wasn't looking were she was going. She bumped into Ron.

"Hey watch were --"

Ron stopped when he saw whom he ran into.

"Sorry, Ron." Kiara said quietly.

"Where've you been? Hermione said you never came back last night. You spent the night with him, didn't you?"

"Well, I think that it is my own business as to my whereabouts last night, Ron, certainly not yours. Since when do I have to answer to you, anyway? You don't own me Ron. Hell you don't even -- Never mind." Kiara ran off crying.

Why does he always do this to me. I just want to be his friend again, can't he see that. She thought to herself.

"Kiara, wait!"

But it was to late, she was gone. Ron decided just to go down to breakfast, he could always apologize later.

Kiara Johnson

"Hi, Harry, Mione." Kiara wouldn't even look at Ron. She made Ginny scoot over so that she wouldn't have to sit next to him.

Ok, maybe after the game I should apologize. She might not want me to talk to her right now. Ron thought to himself.

After breakfast, Harry went to get ready for the match, Ron and Hermione went back to the tower and Kiara, apprehensively, went on her way to see Dumbledore

"Come in Kiara." Professor Dumbledore said, in a somewhat subdued voice.

"You wanted to see me, godfather?" Kiara asked, nervously.

"Yes I do, Kiara. Please, sit down."

He pointed to the chair in front on his desk.

Kiara was getting a bad feeling about this. He not only looked very worried but, he was also being very formal. Kiara sat down wordlessly and waited.

"Kiara, from time to time, the Ministry asks me for help with certain, matters. I had a meeting with Cornelius Fudge and, a couple others last night. It seems, they got wind of your, special talents. They asked me something I was afraid they'd ask, once they found out. They asked me, as to rather you wouldn't maybe consider, spying for them. Kiara, they want you to make amends with your father then, report to us of his intended plans and, anything else you might find useful in our fight against him."

He watched her reaction then, he continued.

"Don't answer right away. You first, must realize what I ask of you is very dangerous, not only because of Voldem0rt but also, because you have an extreme chance of, loosing yourself to his power. You could be turned to his side and not even realize it. As your godfather, I don't want you to do this. As one of the leaders in the fight against The Dark Lord, I must say that, I think you to be both smart enough and strong enough to do this."

Kiara couldn't believe what she was hearing. They actually wanted her to make amends, with her father? She thought about it for quite some time before answering.

"Professor, I'll do it." She said this with such resolve that, Dumbledore only had to look into her eyes and nod.

"Ok then, I think, there is going to be a change in your house. You, my dear, are going to be resorted. You see, I believe that the sorting hat, for the first time ever, has made a mistake. I think that your particular gifts, mixed, as they are, may have confused it. I have made some adjustments to it and, believe that it can get through those, impossible, defenses of your now."

He smiled at her.

"Let us put it on and see."

When Dumbledore placed the hat on Kiara's head it came to life once more.

"Awe, it is you again, I thought I'd be seeing you again. Let's see --- Awe, there you are, oh, I see now, Slytherin is were you should be."

It put her in Slytherin.

"Why did it put me in Gryffindor, before?" Kiara asked her godfather as he took the hat from her head.

"Well, it knew that you were Harry's sister, but it couldn't read you, at all. So, it put you were it thought you'd be most happy."

"Boy, it couldn't have been more wrong about that one." Kiara smiled. "Ok, so I'm leaving Harry and joining Draco. Ouch, that's a tough one." Kiara said, a little sad about leaving her brother.

Then, she straightened herself up, "Ok, when do we get this all started?"

"It has already begun. As soon as the sorting hat put you into your proper house, the house elves began moving your things." Dumbledore smiled at her.

"There is just one more thing, Kiara, this one will probably be the hardest for you. Harry must not, find out what you are doing. He has to believe, as everyone else will, that you have left us, so to speak."

Kiara's heart dropped to her stomach.

"You mean, I have to totally cut myself off from him?" Kiara said, in a trembling voice. "I.I don't know if I can __"

"You must, it is the only way." Dumbledore said, sadly. "You'll have Draco, Snape has been told to inform him of what is going on. Myself, Snape and Draco are the only others in this school who can ever, will ever know the truth of what you are doing."

Kiara sat there, beginning to doubt herself, her resolve was crumbling. She didn't know if she could part with Harry in that way.

Maybe, I can deal with it. No, I can deal with it, I have to. Dumbledore wouldn't ask me if he had the least bit of doubt. She thought to herself.

"Ok, I can and will do what you ask of me. My only request is, if, for any reason I should, end up, well you know, please tell Harry what I was doing."

Dumbledore didn't say anything, he didn't have to. He nodded at her then, suggested she change.

"I've got a Slytherin robe here some were __"

He went to his closet and pulled one out.

After she changed, Dumbledore told her she'd be sitting with the Slytherins for the game.

"Lets go now, the game just started."

Together, they walked out to the field. Kiara climbed the steps an the Slytherin side and went and sat between Crabbe and Goyle.

brian

wow, this is going to get really interesting!!

Kiara Johnson

really?  Did you really read the whole thing?  Well, thanks.  I'll copy more down here in a bit.  Thanls again.

Kiara Johnson

"Hey, Hermione! What's Kiara doing over there, with the Slytherins?" Ron asked, noticing her climbing the steps, across the pitch.

"How should I know? Maybe she got tired of arguing with you." Hermione snapped at him.

Ron just shrugged, thinking that, perhaps, she was right.

"Crabbe, Goyle, mind if I sit with you?" Kiara asked when she got in the stands.

"Uh, ya sure Kiara." Crabbe said, looking at her robes.

Pansy turned and saw Kiara sitting behind her.

"A little confused as to were your supposed to be, Kiara?" She stated in a nasty tone.

Then, Pansy noticed the robes Kiara was wearing and gasped.

"That's right, Pansy, there is a new Slytherin Queen, might as well get used to it." Kiara smiled wickedly at her.

"We'll see about that, Kiara. Tonight is the night we, Slytherins, duel for position of King and Queen of the house. We'll see what your really made of then." Pansy replied, sneering at her.

Kiara just smiled, a wicked smile. Dueling was easy for her. She had learned to use her sorcery, combined with her wand. It was really rather affective.

The game was tied, 60 to 60. Both Harry and Draco raced towards the snitch. Harry almost had it when, Draco slammed into him, knocking it out of reach. Both teams scored again before the two Seekers had time to relocate the snitch again. They raced for it, Harry, once again almost grasping it. Draco dived in-between Harry and the snitch, at the same time, reaching out, he caught it. Draco caught the snitch and Slytherin won the game.

After they had landed, Harry came over and shook hands with Draco.

((Done.))

Harry heard in his head. He gaffed it off.

"Good game, Slytherin, you've really improved since last year."

Draco smiled.

"Thanks, Potter." Was all he had time to say.

Draco was swept away by a crowd of very excited Slytherins.

Kiara, backed by Crabbe and Goyle, stood at the edge of the pitch, waiting for Draco to free himself from the mob.

Ron noticed her and walked over. He fully intended to apologize to her but, seeing her in Slytherin robes, he got angry again.

"What is this, Kiara? You moving to Slytherin house now, or something?" He said angrily.

"Why, my dearest Ron, yes I have. You are ever so observant." Kiara purred.

The look she gave him was both angry and hateful.

Harry and Hermione came walking up. Harry stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Kiara.

"Wh, what's going on, Kiara?" He asked, shaken by the change.

"It would seem, Harry, that the Sorting hat made a mistake. Something about my, other, powers confused it. Dumbledore did something to the hat that, made it work on me and, when I was resorted, this is were it put me. I think, it finally got it right. Good game, by the way." Kiara smiled warmly at him.

"Well, ok then. I guess I'll see you around." Harry replied in a sad voice.

He didn't like being separated from her any more than she liked it. Kiara realized now, that this wasn't going to be easy, she knew she had to make Harry believe she had changed, she just didn't realize how much it was going to hurt him, until now. She wanted to go over and hug him, stay by his side. She missed him already. She realized that she must be showing her grief so, stopped looking after him. Kiara pulled Hermione close to her and whispered.

"Take care of him, ok."

"I will, see you around." Hermione replied rather sullenly then left after Harry and Ron.

Kiara straightened herself up and, noticing Crabbe and Goyle staring at her she said, "What! Haven't you ever seen girls tell secrets before!"

She gave them both a look that told them they had best not question her.

Draco finally got away from the mob. When he saw Kiara being backed by Crabbe and Goyle, he smiled.

Loyal, those two are. They even protect me woman.

brian

Kiara Johnson

Kiara Johnson

(CH. 7)

Harry walked quietly back to the tower. Hermione didn't know what to say to him. When they were inside the common room, Harry went up and changed.

"I knew there was something, odd, about Kiara." Ron said to Hermione.

"Oh, shut up Ron. Your still just angry about not being able to have her for your own." Hermione shot back at him.

She knew what Ron was getting at, she had the same thoughts before but, she really didn't want to hear his complaints, right now.

Ron looked angrily at her then, went and sat down.

Harry came down and sat next to Hermione.

"I miss her already. She's shut herself from me. I can't feel what she's feeling, anymore. I feel, empty, again."

Harry absent-mindedly reached up and put his hand over the spot on his chest that had the mark that Kiara had left, when she saved him.

"Is something wrong, Harry?" Hermione asked when he did this.

"I, don't know. That mark, Kiara left on me, well it feels warm."

Hermione gave him a worried look.

"Maybe, you should go to the hospital and have it checked."

Ron looked up from his reading.

"Maybe, Kiara has put a curse on you."

"No, Ron, she wouldn't do that to Harry, just to you." Hermione said to him.

Ron just shrugged his shoulders and went back to his magazine.

"I think, it's ok, Hermione. I'm just going to let it be, for now. Besides, it's stopped, anyway."

When Draco reached Kiara, he spun her around then, kissed her.

"Congratulations, Draco. Game well played." Kiara said to him and returned his kiss.

When the four of them got down to the dungeon common room, Draco went up to change. Kiara, Crabbe and Goyle, sat down to wait.

Millicent and Pansy came down from the girls dorm.

"Hi, Kiara." Millicent said, in her boyish voice.

"Hi, Millicent." Kiara replied, with a smile.

Pansy grabbed Millicent and directed out of the room.

After Draco came down from the dorm room the four of them went down to dinner.

Pansy was at the table, she was talking about tonight's dueling, for Head of House. She was saying some pretty nasty things about Kiara. Draco opened his mouth to defend her but, Kiara put her hand on his arm and stopped him.

"It's alright, Draco, let her talk. This is, after all, going to be her last night as Queen."

Draco smiled at Kiara,

"You know, you really are a Slytherin."

Kiara raised her brow at him but, said nothing. She just smiled.  

Kiara Johnson

Professor Dumbledore got every-ones attention then he told them all of Kiara's change in houses. Everyone, except for Pansy, at the Slytherin table cheered. Kiara looked across the room and caught Harry's eye. He smiled faintly at her. Kiara closed her right hand and rubbed the mark on her palm, gently. She then returned to her dinner and the conversation with, what were now, her new friends.

After dinner, the Slytherins went back down to their common room. When they arrived, Snape was already there, waiting for them.

In place of the furniture, there were two platforms. After everyone had gathered around. Snape walked on to one of the platforms.

"Ok, just a few rules for those of you who either don't know, or have conveniently forgotten. No one is to curse anyone with something that would seriously injure the other. Once you loose, your out. This will go on until the last man, or woman, standing. All ages to participate, everyone participates."

It looked like a lot of fun. Draco was dominating one platform and Pansy the other. Finally, Kiara, who being the newest member, had to wait until last, was to go against Pansy.

"Ok, Draco, step down. You will duel the winner." Snape said.

Pansy sneered at Kiara who, walked up and waited for Snape's signal, ignoring Pansy's continued taunts.

Snape gave the signal, Pansy yelled "Serpensortia!"

A snake came out of the end of her wand and, landed directly in front of Kiara.

Kiara said something in Parceltongue. The snake slithered up Kiara's body and came to rest, comfortably draped, around her neck. At the same instant Kiara said, calmly, "Expelliarmus." Pansy went flying across, not only the platform but, also the room.

"Looks like we have ourselves a new Queen." Snape said, looking in disgust at Pansy, lying on the floor.

Kiara hopped off the platform and, walked over to Pansy. Then, lying the snake on Pansy's chest, she bent down and whispered in her ear.

"Now Pansy, Professor Snape said nothing to seriously hurt anyone."

Then, Kiara kissed her on the cheek, gathered up the snake and, put it back around her neck.

"Kiara, you and Draco still need have a go at it." Snape told her.

"Oh, ya. Just one moment."

She walked over to Goyle and lifted the snake from herself, once again and, placed it on, the terrified, Goyles neck.

"Hold this for me, will you?" She said, patting him on the cheek.

"Shall we?"  She said to Draco, giving him a, very, devilish smile.

"God help me." Draco replied, apprehensively.

Then, at Snape's signal, they both yelled, in unison, "Rictasempra!"

They both hit home. Both Kiara and Draco lay there laughing in hysterics.

"Looks like a draw to me." Snape said.

After everything had been put back in order, Snape started to go toward the snake. Kiara gasped and stepped between them. She gathered the snake up, protectively in her arms.

"Don't, I want to keep him. He won't hurt anyone, I promise." She said, pleadingly.

Snape looked at her questionably then, decided she could keep it.

"But, the first time it bites someone, it's history, got it."

Kiara nodded and then, Snape left.

All of Slytherin house began to party. They had a lot to celebrate. What with winning the match and all. Pansy went up to the girls dorm. Kiara saw her leave. She kissed Draco and then, went after her.

brian

Uh oh... something bad is gonna happen

Lily_Evans

uh oh...your right...you know Pansy, BUMP!

Kiara Johnson