News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Maruaders and The Prisoner of Azkaban

Started by Lily_Evans, April 7, 2003, 04:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily_Evans

OMG! this is so good! some girl on FF.net wrote it, I'm giving ehr credit for it, please read it! you'll like it alot!

Author's Note: I have seen some stories where the marauders have read the Sorcerer's Stone. I thought it would be cool if they read the Prisoner of Azkaban, one that they are actually in.

chapter one:owl Post

One Sunday morning during the summer before their 7th year. The four Marauders were all sitting in James' family's living room. Early that morning they had, or should I say Sirius had, dug up a tattered book. After seeing the name Potter on the cover the four decided to take the book inside.

Peter: Should we read it?
Remus: You actually want to read something?
James/Sirius: ::Laughing::
James: I think we should read it, it does have my last name on it."

James picked up the book without waiting to see if the others wanted to read it.

James: The title is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Sirius: Harry Potter, a relative of yours James?
James: Not that I'm aware of Padfoot.
Peter: "Azkaban, isn't that the wizards' prison?"
Remus: Yep, Dementors roam it to keep the prisoners under control.

He visibly shakes at the thought of the dementors.
James: Okay first chapter, I'll read first then we can take turns.

The others nodded in agreement. James turned to the first chapter.

Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways.

Sirius: Unusual...Sounds like he has problems.
James: Quiet; let me finish before you make assumptions

For one thing he hated the summer holidays more than any other time of the year

Remus: I would have to agree with Padfoot, who could hate summer holidays?

For another, he really wanted to do his homework but was forced to do it in secret, in the dead of the night.

Sirius: See he is unusual: he actually wants to do homework.

And he also happened to be a wizard.

Peter: Of course he is, but why is that unusual?

It was nearly midnight and he was lying on his stomach in bed, the blankets drawn right over his head like a tent, a flashlight in one hand and a large leather bound book (A History of magic propped open against the pillow.

James: Flashlight?
Peter: A muggle device that emits light, kind of like the Lumos spell.
James: Ah.

Harry moved the tip of his eagle-feather quill down the page, frowning as he looked for something that would help him write his essay "Witch Burning in the fourteenth century was completely pointless- discuss."

Sirius: He is actually doing homework during the summer at midnight? Shouldn't he be sleeping?
Remus: This relative of yours is weird, Prongs.
James: Weird; you shouldn't be talking Moony. I could see you doing that.

James ducked as a chocolate frog was flung at him.

The quill paused at the top of a likely looking paragraph. Harry pushed his round glasses up the bridge of his nose, moved his flashlight closer to the book, and read.

Peter: This is boring.
Remus: You're the one who wanted to read it. I'm sure it gets better.
Sirius/Peter: I hope so.

Non-magic people (more commonly known as Muggles) were particularly afraid of magic in medieval times, but not very good at recognizing it. On the rare occasion than they did catch a real witch or wizard, burning had no effect whatsoever. The witch or wizard would perform a basic flame freezing charm and then pretend to shriek with pain while enjoying a gentle tickling sensation. Indeed Wendelin the Weird enjoyed being burned so much that she allowed herself to be caught no less than forty seven times in various disguises.

James: She was weird.
Sirius: I think it sounds like fun.
James: You would.

reply if you want more :)

Lily_Evans

Harry put his quill between his teeth and reached underneath his pillow for his ink bottle and a roll of parchment. Slowly and very carefully he unscrewed the ink bottle, dipped his quill into it, and began to write, pausing every now and then to listen, because if any of the Dursleys heard the scrating of his quill on their way to the bathroom,

James: Dursleys? I thought he was a Potter.
Peter: Maybe he is a disowned Potter.
James: Sure Peter, sure. ::rolling his eyes::

He'd probably find himself locked in the cupboard under the stairs for the rest of the summer.

James: No one locks a Potter in a cupboard!
Sirius: Why would they lock him in a cupboard?
Peter: Maybe they don't like him.
Remus: That much is evident, Wormtail.

The Dursley family of number four Privet Drive was the reason that Harry never enjoyed his summer holidays.

Remus: See Padfoot, he has reasons for hating his summer holidays.
Sirius: How bad can they be?
James: They lock him in a cupboard.  ::growling::
Sirius: Point taken.

Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and their son Dudley, were Harry's only living relatives.

James: Only relatives? Now I'm confused.
Remus: Isn't Lily's sister named Petunia?
James: I think so.
Sirius: Hey...maybe Harry is your and Lily's son. Lily and James, sitting in a tree..
James: Knock it off Padfoot.
Sirius: ::pouting:: You're no fun.
Remus: Still doesn't explain why he is living with them.
Peter: Maybe James is dead.
Remus: Don't even joke about that; it isn't funny.
Peter: Sorry.

They were muggles

Remus: Maybe they don't like wizards, and that's why they lock him in a cupboard.

And they had a very medieval attitude towards magic.

James: Looks like you're right, Moony.
Remus: I'm always right.
James/Peter/Sirius: ::roll eyes::

Harry's dead parents,

James: ::looking shocked:: Wow, Peter was right.
Peter: Told you so.
Sirius: Shut up Wormtail

who had been a witch and wizard themselves, were never mentioned under the Dursleys' roof.

Remus: That's just wrong.

unt Petunia and uncle Vernon had hoped that if they kept Harry downtrodden as possible, they would be able to squash the magic out of him.

Sirius: 'Squash the magic out of him;' I'd love to see someone do that.
Remus: I'll squash your magic if you don't be quiet and let James finish.
Sirius: ::pretending to shake in fear:: Oh I'm so scared. ::rubbing his arm after Remus punches him there:: Oww! d**n wolf strength.
Remus: ::smirking::

To their fury, they had been unsuccessful. These days they lived in terror of anyone finding out that Harry had spent most of the last two years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

James: Ah, he's a third year then.
Sirius: That means Hogsmeade, baby.
James: If he is anything like me he'll love it.
Remus: If he is anything like you we are all doomed. ::ducks as the chocolate frog is flung back towards him:

The most they could do, however, was to lock away Harry's spell books, wand, cauldron, and broomstick at the start of the summer break, and forbid him to talk to the neighbors.

James: Poor kid. I'd like to kill the Dursleys myself.

This separation from his spell books had been a real problem for Harry, because his teachers at Hogwarts had given him a lot of holiday work

Sirius: Yeah, I have tons of homework as well.
Remus: Sirius, school starts in a week. Haven't you done any of it?
Sirius: Nope, had better things to do. ::grins::
Remus: ::shakes his head::

One of the essays, a particularly nasty one about shrinking potions, was for Harry least favorite teacher, Professor Snape,

Everyone: What?! No way!
Sirius: ::laughing hysterically:: Snape, a professor? Can't be true.
James: At least my son seems to hate him.

After laughing for at least 5 min. they all finally settled down enough to let James continue with the story

who would be delighted to have an excuse to give Harry detention for a month. Harry had therefore seized his chance in the first week of the holidays

Peter: A months worth of detention for no homework seems a little much.

While Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and Dudley

Sirius: ::laughs::
Remus: What's so funny?
Sirius: Who names their child Dudley?

had gone out into the front garden to admire Uncle Vernon's new company car. Harry had crept downstairs, picked the lock on the cupboard under the stairs, grabbed some of his books and hidden them in his bedroom.

James: Smart kid.
Remus: Must not be yours then. ::ducks as James throws a pillow at him::

As long he didn't leave spots of ink on the sheets, the Dursleys need never know that he was studying magic by night.

James: He shouldn't do his homework in bed if he doesn't want to get ink on the sheets, then.

Harry was particularly keen to avoid trouble with his Aunt and Uncle at the moment, as they were already in an especially bad mood with him, all because he'd received a telephone call from a fellow wizard one week into school vacation.

Sirius: Telephone?
Peter: A muggle communication device.
Sirius: Ah.

Lily_Evans

Ron Weasley, who was one of Harry's best friends at Hogwarts, came from a whole family of wizards

James: I met Molly Weasley once; she was really nice.
Sirius: What does a wizard family need a telephone for?

This meant that he knew a lot of things that Harry didn't, but had never used a telephone before.

James: What doesn't Harry know?
Remus: Maybe he doesn't know about a lot of magical things; it did say he lived with muggles.
James: How could my son not know about magical things?
Remus: ::shrugs his shoulders::

Most unluckily it had been Uncle Vernon who had answered the call.

Sirius: That can't be good.

"Vernon Dursley speaking" Harry who happened to be in the room at the time, froze as he heard Ron's voice answer. " HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME? I- WANT-TO-TALK-TO-HARRY-POTTER!"

Peter: He doesn't have to scream.
Sirius: He doesn't know what he is doing Peter we can't all be as knowledgeable as you about muggle crap.
Peter: It isn't crap; it just takes some smarts to use it.
Sirius: Are you implying something?
Peter runs to the couch after Sirius growls at him.

Peter: I wasn't talking about you!

Ron was yelling so loudly that Uncle Vernon jumped and held the receiver away from his ear, staring at it with an expression of mingled fury and alarm.

Sirius: He must look quite hilarious

"WHO IS THIS?" he roared in the direction of the mouthpiece "WHO ARE YOU?" "RON WEASLEY!" Ron bellowed back as thought he and Uncle Vernon were speaking from opposite ends of a football field. "I'M-A-FRIEND-OF-HARRY'S- FROM-SCHOOL-"Uncle Vernon's small eyes swiveled around to Harry, who was rooted to the spot.

Remus: This doesn't sound good.
James: Run Harry, run!

"THERE IS NO ONE HARRY POTTER HERE!" he roared, now holding the receiver at arms length as though it frightened it might explode.

Remus: He should be scared; it just might explode.
James: Only if Ron or Harry makes it.
Peter: Phones don't normally explode, you know.
Sirius: No one asked for your opnion Peter.

DON'T KNOW WHAT SCHOOL YOURE TALKING ABOUT! NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN! DONT YOU COME NEAR MY FAMILY!"

James: That was very rude of him. It isn't like they would hurt him.

And he threw the receiver back onto the telephone as if dropping a poisonous spider.

Peter: Its not gonna kill you, stupid muggle

The fight that had followed had been one the worst ever. "HOW DARE YOU GIVE THIS NUMBER TO PEOPLE LIKE-PEOPLE LIKE YOU!" Uncle Vernon had roared spraying Harry with spit.

Everyone: Eww...
James: Just wait till I get a hold that jerk...
Peter: What are you going to do, jump into the book?
James: Shove it, Wormtail.
Sirius: Harry needs to spit back at him, make things even

Ron obviously realized that he'd gotten Harry into trouble because he hadn't called again.

Sirius: Good thing too; Harry doesn't need to be spit on again.

Harry's other best friend from Hogwarts, Hermione Granger, hadn't been in contact either.

Remus: ::singing:: Harry's got a girlfriend....
Sirius: ::giggling::

Harry suspected that Ron had warned Hermione not to call, which was a pity because Hermione, the cleverest witch in his year, had muggle parents,

James: So she should know how to use a phoney thingy.
Peter: Telephone
James: Yeah, whatever

knew perfectly well how to use a telephone, and would probably have had enough sense not to say that she went to Hogwarts.

James: I think he just said that Ron doesn't have sense.
Sirius: It would appear so.

So Harry had had no word from any of his wizarding friends for four long weeks, and this summer was turning out to be almost as bad as the last one.

Remus: Poor kid, why didn't they just owl him?
Peter: Maybe they don't know how to.
James: That's just stupid; of course they know how to, they are wizards!

There was just one very small improvement- after swearing that he would use her to send letters to any of his friends, Harry had been allowed to let his owl Hedwig out at night.

Remus: Ah well, that explains that.

Uncle Vernon had given in because of the racket Hedwig made if she was locked in her cage all the time.

James: That's just inhuman, keeping an owl locked up.

Harry finished writing about Wendlin the Weird and paused to listen again. The silence in the dark house was broken only by the distant grunting snores of his enormous cousin Dudley.

Sirius: I knew a kid with a name like Dudley couldn't be skinny.
James: Neither can a kid named Peter. ::laughing::

Peter just glared at him then got up and left the room.

James: Aw come on Peter, it was a joke!

After a few minutes Peter came back in the room, but sat down on the couch rather than sitting near his friends

It must be very late Harry thought. His eyes were itching with tiredness. Perhaps he'd finish this essay tomorrow night.

Sirius: He should wait and do it on the train like I do.
James: You don't do homework on the train.
Sirius: Oh yeah, I forgot; I wait till after the feast.
Remus: You amaze me Padfoot; how you ever get good grades is beyond me

He replaced the top of the ink bottle, pulled an old pillowcase from underneath his bed, put the flashlight, A History of Magic, his essay, quill and ink bottle inside of it, got off the bed, and hid the lot under a loose floorboard under his bed.

Peter: Nice hiding place.

Then he stood up stretched and checked the time on the luminous alarm clock on his bedside table. It was one o' clock in the morning. Harry's stomach gave a funny jolt.

James: Maybe he had some bad food.
Remus: I get the same feeling after eating too many Bertie Botts' beans.
Sirius: Yeah, I remember; you threw up all over me last time.
James: Hehe; yeah, that was hilarious.
James and Remus break out laughing at the memory, Sirius just glares at them.

He had been thirteen years old without realizing it for a whole hour.

Sirius: I'd never forget my birthday.
James: Yes, we know; you always remind us for a full week beforehand.

Yet another unusual thing about Harry

James: So there are more things wrong with him

was how little he looked forward to his birthday?

Sirius: How could you not look forward to it?

He had never received a birthday card in his life. The Dursleys had completely ignored his last two birthdays and he had no reason to suppose they would remember this one.

Remus: Poor kid; he doesn't deserve this.
James: I quite agree. I'm really not liking these Dursleys.

Lily_Evans

Harry walked across the dark room,

Peter: He should turn on a light.

past Hedwig's large empty cage to the open window. He leaned on the sill, the cool air pleasant on his face after a long time under the blankets.

Peter: He's gonna jump!
Sirius: Don't be stupid Wormtail.

Hedwig had been absent for two nights now. Harry wasn't worried about her, shed been gone this long before. But he hoped shed be back soon- she was the only living creature in this house that didn't flinch at the sight of him.

Sirius: ::flinches:: He must be quite the looker.
Remus: This is kind of a sad story so far; I hope it gets better.

Harry, though still rather small and skinny for his age,

James: Sounds like they don't feed him enough

had grown a few inches over the last year. His jet black hair was just as it always had been- stubbornly untidy, whatever he did to it.
James: ::runs his hand through his own hair:: Sounds like he has my hair.
Remus: I would have to agree.

The eyes behind his glasses were bright green

James: Lily has green eyes.
Sirius: Aha! I knew you and Lily were going to do it!
Peter: Going to do what?
Remus: Really Peter; how dense can you get? It is quite obvious that Harry spawned from James and Lily mating.
James: That's one way of putting it. ::blushing a little::

and on his forehead, clearly visible though his hair, was a thin scar shaped like a lighting bolt.

James: I wonder how he got that.
Sirius: Maybe he fell down the stairs and hit his head.
James: I seriously doubt it, Sirius.
Sirius: Why do you doubt me?
James throws another pillow at Sirius but he ducks out of the way and it hits Peter instead

Of all the unusual things about Harry, this scar was the most extraordinary of all. It was not, as the Dursleys had pretended for 10 years, a souvenir of the car crash that had killed his parents because Lily and James Potter had not died in a car crash.

Remus: Well, it would appear that he is your son James.
James: Yep, mine and Lily's. ::blushing:: Of course, we would never die in a car crash. I don't ever plan on owning one.
Sirius: You never know, Lily might want one.
James: Nah, I won't let her get one.
Remus: Sure, just let yourself believe that.

They had been murdered,

James: ::looking pale:: Who would want to do that?

murdered by the most feared Dark wizard for a hindered years, Lord Vold.emort.

Sirius: Figures it would be him. This really sucks; I can't believe you're dead. ::leans over and pretends to cry in Remus' shoulder::
Remus: This isn't funny Sirius. What if this actually happens?
Sirius ::stops pretending to cry:: Well then, we just have to make sure it doesn't actually happen

Harry had escaped from the same attack with nothing more than a scar on his forehead, where Voldemort's curse, instead of killing him, had rebounded upon its originator. Barely alive, Voldemort had fled...

James: ::closing the book:: That's...that's just amazing; my son defeated the Dark Lord.
Sirius: It is amazing; you have a really cool son, Prongs.
James: I'm hungry; let's go get something to eat. We need a break from this book anyway; I need to cope with being dead.
All four made their way into the kitchen, leaving the book on the floor in the living room

Allie's note (lol!)- that's the first page of the whole story so far!

Trixie Malfoy

*~*Trixius malfoy*~*

trixie for short, do not calll me my real name!

Lily_Evans

brian

Ginny Weasly

I love it!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :thumbsup: :sunny: I all :ears:
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

brian

I think that she has forgotten this fan fic, and left us to wonder what might happen next.