News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Articl about book five!

Started by brian, May 31, 2003, 06:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

This is an article taken from a certain magazine that Barnes and Noble created.  It has some interesting info. in it, so here it is!

Any thing in parenthesis, is my writing, ok?

Any thing in brackets, is what the mabazine wrote in parenthesis.

UNFOGGING THE FUTURE

After three knuckle biting years of waiting for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, we finally have a date. On June 21, J.K. Rowlings latest dose of Harry, Hogwarts, Hermione, and Hedwig will be delivered to millions of grateful readers. To help fill the gap between then and now, BOOK (People, that's the magazine!) went to work, gathering every hint that's been dropped-including surprising revelations by Rowling herself- about what to expect in book five. Here's what we've divined.

THE THEME: Rowling said that the key to the rest of the series lies in the middle book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when headmaster Albus Dumbledore tells his students that "you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy." This, she said, "is the setup for the next three books. All of [the characters] are going to have to choose, because what is easy, is often not right."

HOGWARTS NEWS:Rowling said that the real Mad-eye Moody, a character from book four, will make an appearance, but "we've obviously got a new Deffense Against the Dark Arts [one of Harry's classes] teacher because moody wouldn't want the job after being locked in a trunk for an year! It's a woman this time." She also promised that we'd see "a little more of Mundungus [Fletcher] (who is Mundungus) and there's also a new (thank god) sorting hat song.

When asked by a fan what she would do if she could travel to Hogwarts for an hour, Rowlinf replied, "Go straight to a certain room, mentioned in book four, which has certain magical properties which Harry hasn't discovered yet!"

(I'll write more later, okay? post so that I know this is read!)

Kiara Johnson

Lily_Evans

WOW!  I cannot wait until book 5 is out , june 21, I'm so excitied and we are apporching June to!

sweetlikepoison

Official Keeper of All Things Green and/or Shiny aboard the SS Fire & Ice

Ohh...
I wanna put my tender heart in a blender,
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion...
[/color]

Lily_Evans

brian

YEA!!  Hey Hermione, you're not grounded anymore?

(Continuing)

OLD FRIENDS: Rowling promised that "you see Lupin in book five (YES!!). Yes, you see a lot of old characters in book five." Including, according to the wizard behind the wizard, the loathsome reporter (OH SH~~!) Rita Skeeter, Aragog the giant spider, the toad owned by Neville, and (cool!) the magical car belonging to Mr. Weasley.

She indicated we'll "be seeing  Mrs. [Arabella] Figg in book five, and you'll find out all about her."

OVE IS IN THE AIR: Rowling's young protagonists (That's a main character, ok?) can expect perills ahead. "They're fifteen now, hormonnes working overtime," she siad. One fan wondered whether something was going on between Ron and Hermione. "Yes somethin is goin on," Rowling replied, "but Ron doesn't realize it yet. Typical boy."

I'll post more later guys!

Lily_Evans

QuoteYEA!!  Hey Hermione, you're not grounded anymore?

That's right!

brian

how'd you get out so quickly?

Kiara Johnson

Lily_Evans

they found i was innocent, I got this thing in an email:

Ron and Hermione hints

-"Harry and Hermione are very platonic [platonic means nonsexual] friends. But I won't answer for anyone else. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink." -JK Rowling
-Q: Is it just me, or was something going on between Ron and Hermione during the last half of GoF?
   A: "Yes, something's "going on," but Ron doesn't realize it yet. Typical boy."

Harry and Cho Hints

-....Although, a Cho/Harry fan could argue that Cho did blush when Harry asked her to the Yule Ball.

Harry and Ginny Hints

-There is no real canon proof of this, but people can compare Ginny to Lily-looks wise. Both have red hair, and even the actors from the movies look similar. Harry looks exactly like his father. Ginny looks like his mother. Maybe it's history repeating itself.
-"Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above -- although, you may invite a younger student if you wish --"
Lavender Brown let out a shrill giggle. Parvati Patil nudged her hard in the ribs, her face working furiously as she too fought not to giggle. They both looked around at Harry. -Page 386 of the American version of Goblet of Fire

The cover of the next book... looks interesting, doesn't it?

-The book starts out like this:
The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.....The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four.

-And then, later in the book JK writes:

Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.'It is time,' he said 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'

-Book Five will be 255,000 words - almost a third longer than Goblet of Fire. It will also be 896 pages long

-In Book Five, we go into a whole new area; an area we've never seen before, a magical world.

-Book Five will be scary. Harry finds out a lot of things he hasn't stumbled across so far.

-In Book Five, Harry has to examine exactly what death means, in even closer ways.

-We will see Mr. Weasley's car, Aragog, Dobby, and the Dementors again.

-The Dursleys are in Book Five, and there's stuff coming with them that people might not expect.

-Rowling was asked in which Hogwarts room she'd like to be for one hour. She said it would be a room in which Harry has been before, and which is mentioned in book four, but Harry doesn't know its importance. Yet.

-It's very important to the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms.

-Harry will never have a dragon for a pet. He might have a different pet in the future, but Rowling isn't dropping hints about what it might be.

-Harry has never used the Internet. Dudley is the only one who has a computer, and Harry gets beaten up if he goes too near the keyboard. Wizards don't need to use the Web. They have an even better way to find out what's happening in the outside world, which Rowling says is more fun than the Internet, but she's not giving hints.

-The choice between what's right and what's easy will be a pillar of the plot in Harry's last 3 years.

-The "Arabella Figg" Dumbledore refers to at the end of book four is indeed the same Mrs. Figg that takes care of Harry for the Dursleys in book one. We'll be seeing Mrs. (Arabella) Figg in Book Five, and we'll find out all about her.

-There will be a new sorting hat song.  

-Harry's parents' profession will be a big part of the plot.

-Harry will see the real 'Mad-Eye' Moody in Book Five.

-We will find out why Voldemort killed Lily and James Potter.

-Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter.

-We will learn more about why some witches/wizards become ghosts and others do not.

-There will be a female Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. (Mrs. Figg?)

-Ginny Weasley will play more of a role in Book Five.

-One of the main characters, one of Harry's "fans" will die (not Ron or Hermione though). The death will be "horrible to write."

-We'll see Lupin in Book Five.

-We'll see a little more of Mundungus Fletcher in Book Five.

-We will see a lot of old characters in Book Five.

-Rita Skeeter will be back in future books.

-Firenze will be back in future books.

-Hermione will lighten up in future books.

-We will learn more about James' family history in future books

brian

oh sh**!! your book starting... it's the same as that bull sh** in the SORTING HAT!!

Kiara Johnson

brian

could HarryPotter7439 be right? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

wait, he probably has the right beginning, the rest is crap!!

Kiara Johnson

brian