News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

......so......what happened?

Started by LavyBrown, December 26, 2008, 04:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LavyBrown

OK i need somewhere to vent:

TWILIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT THE F HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Best book ever!!!! I've read alot of books and it makes my top five list. But the movie? They could not have had a better place to get good....no great matrial and they just piss it away. The acting was minimal(at best) and the directing was ever worse. I really do think that Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattionson can act but this was beyond poor.

I can only partially blame them for this travesty of a movie though because it's the directors job to (can you guess?) DIRECT!! What the crap was she doing? Sitting on her butt, eating bonbons and thinking "Oh that was great! Zero vocal dynamic and even less facile expression. Cut, print and wrap!"

My dead grand mother could have made better use with two decent main actors and a good supporting cast. It was like she was making love to Pattionson with the camera. She really captures his bone structure well but I didn't pay ten dollars to look at his bone structure for the majority of the time he's on screen.

I wanted a decent interpretation of Twilight. I'm not expecting it to follow the book to a T and I'm not expecting any award winning performances. But what they slapped up on the screen was just downright insulting and if I was Meyer I would sue for "Improper use of a d**n good novel!"
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Alexis

I agree that the novel was great. 
The movie was okay...at best. 
The only thing I liked about it was the soundtrack, and I think they did a good job picking some of the actors.
But otherwise, it could've been alot better.
It was still entertaining though.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

Ginny Weasly

But it still wasn't worth the $7.45 I paid to go see it.

At best, I might had rented it from netflicks.
Someday.

Honestly, I didn't like the movie. After all I had heard about Twilight, I expected a good movie. At the very least, I expect an entertaining movie!

Listen, I liked the actors. I liked the scenery.

But REALLY, where was the story? Where was the building of relationships? The feelings? Jesus, I've seen better movies made by a five year old.

Granted, I've only read and skimmed a few chapters of the first book. What I read was ok, as far as books go.
Not a huge fan of vampires.
But it was alright.

The movie simply...sucked.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

Every so often I saw hope for the movie. Like when she meets his family, the bedroom/make out scene, and the baseball scene But then it just went downhill from there every time

potter_fan122

Seriously.

I mean, I know they said it was a low-budget movie, but not that cheap.

There was hardly any expression in anything. The crying looked fake. The most emmotion in the whole thing were the scenes Lavy just mentioned.

I was really disappointed and it`s sad that I like the soundtrack better than the movie. The book was great, but the movie ruined it.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

LavyBrown

The new director won some academy awards so I'm really hoping he can bring life back into the second movie

Alexis

Yeah, I really hope so.

And I've also heard that they'll have to get a new actor for Jacob.  Mainly because he is going to have to look alot older in New Moon.
It's gonna be lame, but who knows...it might only be a rumor.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

LavyBrown

Seth Lockhart

I have yet to see it, but I wish Bella wasn't played by Kristen.
Axel

Seth

Miss Xantier

I liked the movie... it was interesting. I will never read the book. I love the scene before the baseball scene. Bella's dad drew a halo over his head, so funny!

Seth Lockhart

I liked Eclipse best out of the books. I didn't even finish Breaking Dawn. I thought it was terrible. Sorry, but she babbles on with Jacobs' point of views and the pregnancy for a few weeks thing was just....it screwed up the story in my opinion.

I've heard that Stephanie Meyer has been called "The next J.K Rowling", but I really don't think so.
J.K Has so much more talent. Stephanie has a lot of typo's too...
Axel

Seth

LavyBrown

typo's? I think it's your copy cause mine doesn't have any....i love finding typo's and i think I found two in the entire series besides it's the publishers and editors job to fix any mistakes so if there are mistakes it's their fault not the writers

Miss Xantier

I found typos in the Harry Potter books. Twilight was interesting.

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: Seth Lockhart on December 30, 2008, 11:06:37 AM
I've heard that Stephanie Meyer has been called "The next J.K Rowling", but I really don't think so.
J.K Has so much more talent. Stephanie has a lot of typo's too...

Naw she ain't. JK is awesome.
Haha.
Sorry, but I think Meyer is simply average in writing.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

Thank You!

J.K Rowling is a legend. And comparing her to Stephanie Meyer is almost in insult in my opinion. Sorry Twilight fans.