News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Steeplechase-Winter Vacation

Started by Zack, December 23, 2003, 09:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

~*THE YEAR BEFORE HOGWARTS*~

*wakes up before dawn on the floor of a stall**stands and walks over to the other side of the barn and opens the gate, smiling as sees a tall black theroughbred the same shape and size of his patronus standing inches in front of him**rubs the horses nose then slips a halter over its face and a blanket and saddle over its back, a task which no other jockeys would attempt as the stallion is thought to be crazed, but seems to have a way with the animal**jumps into the saddle and leads him out of the barn to the dirt path out doors**stops for a minute and streaches, waking up, and looks around through the fields**notices that can see his breath and smiles tiredly, then starts down the road at a trot, warming up**after a half an hour, is riding at full speed, the area around him a blurr, mind on the race only two days away**moves his arms and legs in rythm to the horses movements as it jumps over a fallen tree log, its speed equally amazing*

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice.

~ Ella

*Stalks small animals in the thick forest-like area she is in. She steps, paw after paw, silently making her way through the tree's as swift and silent as the panther she is.*
~ Pure Veela...

Zack

*starts riding into the forest and jumps through the trees, making way to a clearing where slows to a trot and then stops and looks around, then spots her in panther form and looks from the back of the horses neck to her nervously*

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice.

~ Ella

*Lowers her head and growls warningly. She stands her ground and claws the earth underneath her, geting ready to pounce if she needs to. She roars once, loudly, spooking the horse, then she goes back to growling deeply, not recognising Zack.*
~ Pure Veela...

Zack

*the horse spooks, rearing nd starts to run**leans forewad close to its neck as it starts to run and talks to it, wathching it come back to the road by the forest and slow**dismounts and stands next to the horse, frowning, and stares at the horse as a friend* ya know, you never used to be scared of panthers....*shakes head and laughs a bit, his youthful daring coming in a rush**grins and removes the saddle, blanket and reigns, setting them on the ground and climbs onto the horse agian bareback, grabbing onto his mane**keeps grinning, then turns him and starts walking him to the racetrack on the other side of the field**enters the track and looks at the muddy ground and grins a bit more before shutting the gate after them, walking up to the beginning line*

~ Ella

*Follows the horse and rider, curiously (after all, everyone knows curiosity is a cat's biggest feature ;) lolz ). She crosses the feild, still low to the ground, and settles behind some bushes on a slope above the race track, watching intently as they make their way to the starting line.*
~ Pure Veela...

Zack

*leans foreward close to the horses neck and slightly kicks the horses sides, encouraging him to go faster and faster, soon they are flying through the course, but still in control**keeps talking to him and they approach a jumjp and leans back,  flying through the air**lands and grabbs onto his mane tightly as they approach another and slows him as another rider appears at the gate**slowsa him more to a walk and stares at the person and the black horse he sits on**walks over to him and stops the horse next to him, shaking his head slightly*

what do you want?

him: nothing much....I saw you riding..want to race? *he grins slightly, then laughs* I need to wach you loose agian.

*grins slightly, a bit annoyed at the sight of the whip in his hand* fine, I`ll race, you need some practice in loosing. *turns and walks him to the pile of tack and jumps off,  places the saddle, blanket and raigns back on him**looks up at him and mumble something, then jumps back on, walkking bck to the start next to the black horse, the same size as his**looks over at him and grins, then leans foreward in the saddle, counting down, 2....**the rope in front of them drops and they start down the track, at even speed, flying over the first jump at the same pace**as they turn the second to last corner starts talking agian* COME ON....*sits lower in the saddle and turns him loose**the horse picks up speed and flys around the last corner, six yards in front of the other horse, passing the finish line**turns his head and watches him whip his horse to try and catch up**looks foreward as passes the finish line and slows his horse to a walk, letting him slow himself and rubs his neck happily**watches as the other horse approaches and dismounts, walking over to him when he stops and starts to yell at the rider, getting yelleds back at just the same, him dismounting also**feels a jerk on the reigns as starts to yell ans gives a sideways glance at his horse before returning his attention to the other rider*

You shouldn`t hit him like that you idiot-

him: i`ll treat him how I-

no, you won`t. *pulls out some bills from his pocket and stuffs it into his hand, then takes the other horses reigns* there, settled.

him: yes-*he falls silent, then stuffs it into his pocket* fine then, whatever

*watches as he walks off the racetrack then turns to the two horses and shakes his head, starting to laugh when the other rider is out of earshot**falls to the ground in the mudd on his back and looks up ant the two horses noses, close to his face and laughs harder*

~ Ella

*Looks extremely amused and turns back into self. Then slowly makes her way down the slope, approaching Zack. She slips and slides a bit in the mud but manages to keep her balance.*
~ Pure Veela...

Zack

*sees a figure approachying and stands, covered in mudd from head to toe, and watches her approach* who are you?

~ Ella

*Manages to make it to flat ground without falling over, she stands a way away, keeping her distance, not knowing the boy. She hears him call and hesitates, knowing that she doesn't even truly know herself. She answers the only thing she knows...*

My name is Ella...
~ Pure Veela...

Zack

Zack. *extends a hand* nice to meet you..*half smiles, *

~ Ella

*She simply stares at his hand, hesitating from past experiances, she doesn't shake it but quickly smiles warmly, as not to be too rude.*

I've been watching you...Your a very good rider, and that was very nice of you to take that horse away from that terrible person...

*She smiles*
~ Pure Veela...

Zack

er-thanks *smiles in return, but frowns a bit as is olmost pulled beck to the mud as his original horse starts backing up nervously**gives him a look and he stops, then turns back to her after he calms* he doesn`t like people really, but he should...*pulls on his reigns slightly, and cant hold back a grin as the horse steps foreward and pushes him with his head, knocking him flat**laughs and watches the horse start to sniff her**starts to laugh harder*

~ Ella

*Ella laughs and reaches out to the horse. She places her hand gently on his muzzle and strokes him.*

A very beautiful horse indeed...

*She says softly, now stroking his mane.*
~ Pure Veela...