News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Battle For Love

Started by Kiara Johnson, March 19, 2004, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

OK, part 2 is in the making to Devil's Puppet.  I hope you all read it and like it as well as the other.  A Battle For Love.  Give me a few more days and I should have it up for you to read.  LUVS~N~STUFF Kiara.

_Lavender_

ooo! post some soon!!  :D ;) lol, silly me  :P BUMP!
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Kiara Johnson

Chapter 1  Awakening

The rain pelts against the windowpane and the noise from the storm drowns out all else.  The only light that can be seen in the room comes from a candle, dancing in the draft coming from the old window.  The room is warm, despite that chill, and the fact that no fire is lit in the hearth.

Max sits next to a bed where Kiara lay, unmoving, she had been like this since he brought her back to the castle form the woods and their near destruction.  His face looks haunted, almost dead.  His hair shows through his hooded cloak, a golden yellow and a mark of a lion sits on his brow.

"Kiara, wake up, please."  He says as he wipes away the tears still streaming down her cheek as she sleeps.

Suddenly there is another light in the room, a golden, almost soft light, it grows then Evan, Kiara's guardian Angel stands at her side.  He looks upon Max with his blue eyes, a sadness coming from him like none known to Max before, an almost inhuman pain that Max feels within his very soul.

"I meant no harm to come to you or her, you must know this.  I was only curious.  Wanting to know her.  I've helped you look after her all these years, longer."  The Angel Evan said, now returning his gaze upon Kiara's form, lying, weeping, and asleep on the bed.

"Your not supposed to make contact with or human, Evan.  You know that. It is, regardless your feelings, your fault she's like this, it's your fault she killed me."  Max pauses then looks up at Evan, his ice-blue eyes showing how much hatred he has for this Angel.  "The only good you have done is to  make her realize, she's not invincible, that your father controls a part of her.  At least now, she can learn to live with it as it should be." Max returned, his words seeming to echo in the dead still of the room, the storm raging out side seems to go away and Max brushes yet another tear from Kiara's cheek.

Evan looks to Max then back to Kiara.  He places his hand lovingly on her forehead and Kiara stops crying, then Evan is gone.

Max stared a the empty air in the darkness.  

"How can he continue to control her, when I can not?"  He asked himself.

Kiara slept on, max leaving her side only to fetch something to eat or to take a trip to the bathroom, from time to time.  When he left he would always be sure to leave another at her side incase she woke.  

""Don't worry Max, if she wakes, I'll send for you."  Ginny said with a warming smile, although she was more worried than she let on.

"I'll be back soon, I've only to take my finals and I'll be back..."  Max replied, not wanting to leave her side but not able to put his tests off any longer.  His life depended on them and if he and Kiara were to have any life after school, he'd have to pass them all.

With one last kiss to her soft, lips.  Max left the room.

"Come on Kiara, where are you?"  Ginny whispered.

All her time knowing Kiara, she had always been able to connect with her mind in one way or another, that is, until now.  It scared her, where was she that Ginny could not find her?

Kiara wondered in a dream land filled with fire.  She was lost and could not find a way out.  Echoes of her friends voices came in and out.  Visions of creatures known only in Hell came to her eyes and the low, menacing laugh of the Devil clouded her mind relentlessly.

She had no idea of time, no feeling of hunger or anything except for pain, a great pain she had never before felt.  The pain rested in her heart and nothing seemed to pacify it.  She thought once, she saw a golden light in the distance.  It's warming comfort helped ease some of the pain and she had stopped crying.  She felt always a warming touch on her face, but could not reach out and feel these things.  As soon as she thought she would escape, turn to the light or the touch, she'd be redirected, pushed away by some unseen dark force, to wonder around again in pain and desolation.

At the end of the day, Max returned again to Kiara's side.  Ginny left him alone, she knew he wouldn't want company.  She had tried to stay with him, for company, before but, he had not even spoken to her.  She worried now for him as well.  If Kiara didn't come back, what was he to do?  Would he sit here by her side for eternity?

After laying a comforting hand on his shoulder, Ginny quietly left.  She didn't even bother asking about his tests.  She knew she wouldn't get an answer.

The day turned to night again and still, Kiara did not stir.  Max sat at her side, talking quietly to her, trying to get her to hear his voice but to no avail.  She was so deeply into the Hell set for her by the Devil that she could not hear him.

The weather outside darkened the sky once again.  For the last two days, since Kiara had left them.  The world around had began to change into one wicked stormy sky after another.  No one could go out side, all Quidditch matches were canceled after three students had been struck be lightning.  Max looked out the windowpane now, and he barely even noticed the flash of golden light behind him.  Barely, but he did.

He turned to once again glare into the eyes of Evan.  Max's dark locks changed again to gold as he looked upon this angel.  Oh how he hated the sight of him.  

"What do you want this time?  Come to take her from me again?"  Max snapped.

Evan didn't smile nor did he frown.  He looked into Max's cold, ice-blue eyes with no expression what so ever.

"Max, my father is keeping her.  When she gave up, in the instant you saved her from her plunge, my father took her away from us.  It's only a matter of time before she gives up in there too.  If she does that, we both loose her."

"Then how do we get her back?"  Max replied between clenched teeth.  He knew he'd have to except Evan's help rather he liked it or not.

Evan let his gaze drop away from Max and moved his eyes to Kiara.  The look upon his face was one of a deep love, just the same as Max always had when he looked at her.

Max notice this and stood quickly, then taking control of his anger, walked over to Kiara's side and stood next to her.

_Lavender_

Fawkes

Kiara Johnson

"What do we do then?"  Max asked.

Evan walked to the other side of the bed and placed his hand on her chest.

"Put your hand on mine and talk to her Max, get her attention."

Max placed his hand on Evan's and when it touch the angels, a golden glow emitted to cover Kiara's body and the symbol of the lion appeared on Max's forehead.  Max then opened his mouth to talk.

"Not with your words you fool.  Speak to her with your mind, yours is the only that can reach her and you MUST reach her mind, you can not reach her ears."  Evan growled, is hatred for Max evident for the first time.  

Holding back a retort, max closed his eyes and began to search for her mind, he brushed against t and called her, bade her speak to him, to come home.

Kiara felt so warm, so peaceful, the light, it was in front of her and she wanted to walk to it but something held her, something with a grip of iron that refused to let go.  She tried to tug against it but it's grip only tightened and began to sear into her flesh.  She screamed out in pain.  Then, she heard him, Max.

"Kiara, come on, come home to me.  I need you.  Don't let this evil take you from me.  Kiara..."  His voice echoed in her mind.

She closed her eyes and relaxed.

"Max?  Help me Max, I can't get free, I can't get loose from this Hell, help me..."  Kiara sent her thought out, it started weakly but grew in strength as the light in her sight began to grow stringer and stronger.

Then, she felt him, Evan was there, Evan was with him, Evan was helping max.  Kiara's eyes flashed their brilliant green and the world she had been wondering in for so long began to fade, now, it was dark, hot and quiet.

Satan stood before her, his horned head and his black, endless eyes bore down on her, his voice suddenly blocking out all else.

"Your staying with me, your mine, my bride, not his."  His voice stormed on to her head.

Kiara fell to her knees, a look of panic flashed across her face then, just as quickly as the panic had set in, it once again left to be replaced with a great darkness, one that matched the Devil own.

"NO!"  She yelled.  "I belong to no one but myself.  No one owns me."  She growled in defiance.

Max was thrown backwards to land on the floor several feet from the bed, as was Evan.

"No, get to her quickly, he's got her, he.."  Evan started then trailed off as Kiara's body began to waver in and out of sight.  Then, it was gone all together.

Max and Evan raced to the bed side and stared at it momentarily then Evan grabbed Max by the front of his cloak and shoved him against the wall.

"You didn't try hard enough!"  He growled.

Max pushed him off and growled and Evan stumbled backwards

"You were not strong enough to hold her there, she asked for my help and ..I failed, we failed..."  Max glared at Evan, his anger growing by the second and Evan, as well, showed signs of great distaste in his return look.

Just as they both grabbed one another  The door to the room flew open.  Ginny and Ella came rushing into the room.  The two girls looked at one another then to the two guys preparing to pummel one another.

"Max!  Evan! Stop it!  Where is Kiara, I felt her..."  Ginny scolded then stopped.  She noticed Kiara wasn't in the room.

"What's going on here?"  Ella asked in her mellow, almost accusing tone. Her long locks of golden-blonde hair falling over her shoulder a she turned to look upon the two males.

Max and Evan let go of each other and gazed at the girls, not really having any answers for them, or at least, Max had none other than Kiara was gone.

"She's with my father now, it's up to her as to rather she comes back to us now.  If she's strong enough, she can fight against him.  I will go, try to help in any way I can."  Evan said, with not much of a light of hope in his tone.

"You will bring her back to me or I will destroy you for ever darkening this world, and Kiara's life."  Max returned with a low growl.

"If I can not bring her back, Max.  Then you will not have to destroy me..."  Evan replied then vanished.

Ginny and Ella walked to Max and each took an arm and seated him on the only chair in the room.

"She'll be back Max, although I can not touch her mind, I still feel she's with us."  Ginny said in a soft almost, tiny, voice.

Max didn't say a word, afraid of barking at her for nothing but trying to help.

"Don't think you can fight me Kiara, your strong, but not that strong and, look around you..." The Devil waved his arm showing the vastness of the cavern and it's occupants, now visible, to Kiara.

"Your alone my dear, no friends here to help you, no one to make you strong against.....Evan."   The Devil turned around, his dark eyes glaring at his son.

"Let her go father, she's mine, not yours.."

The devil laughed his spine tingling evil laugh and Evan was thrown to the wall and chained.

Kiara stood on her feet now, seeing Evan bringing her more alive.

"Let him go."  She growled.

"Little princes, that wishes to be a queen.  You are in no position to command me."  the Devil laughed at her,  failing to realize her growing strength.

Kiara stood, glaring at him, her head pointed down at the ground and her eyes seeking out his.  The look on her face was twice as menacing as the Devil's and her rage, even worse.  He may be more powerful but she had the advantage of love and that in it's self, made her stronger than any thing down in this hell.

Kiara Johnson

"I'm afraid, your wrong."  Evan said from his chained position on the wall.

"Shut up, Boy..*  The Devil growled, sending a rain of pain down on his son.

Evan doubled over, Kiara glared at the Devil, her emerald-green eyes, flashing with a light not known to her.  They seemed suddenly to go white, then back again to green.

"I can not permit you to harm him thus.  Leave him alone."  She growled, a most inhuman sound.

Then, with the strength, not known to her, Kiara sent a force so powerful at the Devil, he was thrown back and out of sight.  His screams of anger filling the caves, making them shake and rocks began falling about.

In the instant she attacked the Devil, something horrible awakened in her.  She felt it, it grew rapidly, almost consuming her.

Evan released himself, his father gone, the magic weak.  He rushed over to her and putting him arms around her, made the deadly rage go away and Kiara looked into is eyes, searching for a reason to his love.  Then, they vanished from the Hell they had been in to return to the room, where Max and the girls jumped up and ran over to them.

Max stopped just short of grabbing Kiara out of Evan's arms, he saw something in her that he didn't want to see.  The way she looked at Evan, the same way she looked at him.  Evan quickly let her loose and stepped back, then, giving Max a glare of total hatred, he vanished.

Max grabbed her as she began to fall to the floor.

Kiara looked up at him then around to Ginny and Ella, a smile crept across her lips then she looked again to Max, searching his ice-blue pools and she smiled, her emerald-green eyes full of more love than Max had ever seen in them before, more love than he thought possible for one person to posses.  All his worries swept away by that one look.  He leaned down and kissed her.

Later that evening, when Kiara was safely put to sleep in her room and Max was sitting in the common room, alone.  Evan showed once again.  He came the same as he always did, and then went and sat across from Max's following gaze.  Evan let his eyes fix on Max's, his hatred for this human evident but he had come for another reason and it wasn't to fight with Max but instead, to warn him.

"What now Evan?" Max asked, his stare just as hateful, just as jealous as that of the Angel's.

"Kiara isn't the same Max, she only thinks she has defeated my father.  What she did down there, she did to save me and now, I am afraid the Archangel has fully awakened in her." Evan said calmly and with a note of sadness in his tone.

"You're wrong Evan, the way she looked at me, the love in her, there's no way an Angel of Death could ever.."  Max was interrupted by Evan's annoyed look and sarcastic laugh..

"Do you honestly think a human could contain such love Max?  Be serious here.  You are blinded by what you want to see.  Yes, Kiara loves you but no, she can't feel the love of an angel, death or not.  Keep her at your side at all times Max.."  Evan paused to regard him then smiled a bit peevishly at him. "The next time you slip, I'll be there to take up the slack, and trust me, I will not let her go back to you.  I'll keep her next time."  Evan said in a tone that Max knew all to well.  

"Leave.."  Max said between gritted teeth and clenched fists.

Evan left but he left behind him a laugh that mocked Max and although the laughter faded, it still jaded him.  He got up and threw his book across the room and stormed out of the porthole.

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Kiara Johnson

Thanks Gin.  I will post the 2nd chapter after I get some more posts here.  Thanks again.

Max2.0

Kiara Johnson

Awakened Angel

Kiara woke.  She threw her legs over the side of her bed and gazed at her dorm room through her new eyes.  Sure, she still looked the same, but something was different about her.  Suddenly, her senses were peeked, everything, sounds, sights and smells, all of it was enhanced.  So much so that Kiara had to begin to shut down some things.

In the boys dorm she heard Draco and Sebastian talking about girls.  She blushed at their stories and quickly blocked that conversation out.  She listened in the common room for any sound of Max, then a smile stretched over her lips as she heard his heart beating outside her dorm  She got up, not bothering to dress and ran to the door, flung it open and stood smiling at him.

If Max had any anger left from his earlier conversation with Evan, it was all thrown out of is mind now.  The way she looked at him, everything about her seemed so, loving.  Almost like you could cry at the love she sent you.  Max smiled at her and took her hand then led her down to the common room.

He picked her up off the ground and tossed her playfully onto the couch.  Kiara laughed.  Even her laughter made one feel light headed, almost intoxicated.  Everyone felt it.  Everyone that is, except Sebastian. He and Draco walked into the common room as Max and Kiara sat and were talking.

"Max, we should talk sometime, soon I think."  Sebastian stated then turned a positively hateful glare on Kiara who, in return, hissed. Then turned back to Max and kissed him, although looking at Sebastian as she did.  A glint of malice forming in her beautiful green eyes.

"I think, no one sees you as you really are but me, Kiara.  Trust me, I will not let you out of my sight, until you truly do let my real sister out of her prison inside you."  Sebastian sent the thought to Kiara's mind then left the room with Draco.

"I know who you are, Fire Lord.  Don't mess with me."  Kiara sent the thought back.

It went ignored by Sebastian as he and Draco walked down to breakfast.

As the days went by, Sebastian held true to his word, and each time Kiara started to feel a little, frisky, he would be there to knock her down a notch or two.  

The Death Angel was set loose when Kiara used it's power against the Devil.  It was his plan to make her do it.  Now, he could sit back and wait for some one to anger her and all would be going as planned.  He would step in and take control again.  

"The true meaning of the Prophecies has been set into place.  Once everyone begins to love her, she'll destroy them all. Then, She will take her place at my side."  Satan said and turned an ecstatic look to his son, chained once again to a chair at his side.

"I wont let it happen father, she is not destined to rule the world at your side, she belongs to Max."  Evan spat the name out like poison.  Knowing full well that if he took Kiara as his own, things would turn out quite differently than they should.

The Devil laughed, "You can not have what your heart desires, my son.  The one with the eyes of winter will fail, he's no match for her."  He continued to laugh.

_Lavender_

BUMP!!! please continue K!

Kiara Johnson

Thanks Lav.  Will post more after more replies

Ginny Weasly

Why do u wait for replies? You could do no wrong in our eyes Kiara! lol
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Kiara Johnson

Thanks Gin.

Evan sat back in his chains, and waited for his father to leave, he sat there for days.

Kiara walked the halls, Max at her side, as warned by Evan.  He might have been blinded to Kiara's new love but, he wasn't stupid either.  He knew they had gotten her back too easily and he waited for a sign.

"We need to talk now, Max."  Sebastian's voice came from behind them.

Kiara spun around, the look she gave him was one of death.  Sebastian ignored it and looked to Max.

"Now, Johnson."

Max looked at Kiara, kissed her cheek and then smiled at Sebastian.

"I'll see you in Potions Kiara."

Kiara glared at Sebastian one last time then walked off.

"This had best be good, Holguin."  Max said as he walked in the other direction, following Sebastian.

Sebastian didn't say a thing until he and Max were inside an empty class room.

"Oh, it's good Max, only thing is, I don't think your gonna like it."  Sebastian finally replied, taking a seat on one of the tables and turning to regard Max for a moment.

Max raised a brow, knowing that Sebastian never got involved with Kiara's affairs unless there was a realy good reason.  He, Sebastian, and Kiara might be half brother and sister but there was never any real love loss between the two.  Every since they were little, and Kiara killed him in a duel, Sebastian had hated her.  Kiara likewise, Max was sure.  Sebastian made her kill him, he knew what would happen if she did and Kiara never forgave him.

"Max, that's not Kiara your hanging around with, she's not what you think.  The Angel has awakened and taken over.  Be careful man.  She's more dangerous now than ever before..."

"I've already heard all this!"  Max growled.

"Look, Johnson.  I'm just trying to make you see what she really is, that's all.  You've lost Kiara, she's in there yes, but she sleeps.  Come on, I know she's got some kind of hold on you, your blind by her love you think is for you.  Do you think that I would honestly care if Kiara was the one we were dealing with here?  You know, better than anyone else, I do not fear Kiara, but this, angel, we are dealing with is yet another thing.  She's not one of God's angels Max, you should have let Evan take her.  At least then, the fight would not have been made on earth."

Max's temper flared at the mention of Evan.

"I don't know what game your playing at Sebastian and rather Evan has put you up to it or not but I do know what I am dealing with and trust me, Kiara will wake up, I will not, let Evan have her."  He growled then stormed out of the room.  His hair beginning to change to that golden blonde once again.

Sebastian  lowered his head and sighed.

"Then you condemn us all to death..."  he whispered to himself.