News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Can squibs see dementors?

Started by 0612, August 8, 2004, 08:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your opinion, can Squibs see dementors? Please explain your answer.

I personally think Squibs can see dementors because they, after all, have some wizarding blood. What's your opinion?

Fawkes

Um.. yeah they can..Mrs. Figg saw the dementor that was attacking Harry & Dudley.

pig

Do you have your own explaination about why?

pig

because they now about magic and come from a wizzerding family.

Ginny Weasly

Because old Figgy is batty! *giggles* seriously, we can't be sure if she saw them, she might have just felt them. Dumbledor might have told her to streatch the truth a bit. So who klnows, mabey we'd seriously have to ask a squib.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

sweetlikepoison

yes, of course they can see them. remember in ootp when mrs. figg described them as "big and wearing cloaks"?[/color]
Official Keeper of All Things Green and/or Shiny aboard the SS Fire & Ice

Ohh...
I wanna put my tender heart in a blender,
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion...
[/color]

magicball356

But didn't the book also say that Mrs.Figgs sounded like she was describing it out of a book?
I'm a magic ball...when you release me, you will be granted with a gift...to release me, go on a magic quest and find all 12 items...more explained, later..>

Ginny Weasly

She also messed up a bit in her story, seemingly like she forgot something. If you saw a dementore, don't you think it would be easy to rember? She obiously didn't. I think Dumbledore told her to say she saw them. actually, sqibs are muggles, cept they know about magic.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Lady_Luna

Yeah, it did sound like she was making it up as she went along, so maybe Squibs can't see dementors.

Fawkes

I think they can see dementors... I mean they've got some magical blood in them.. :-\ And anyway Mrs. Figg might have a bad memory or something so maybe that's why she forgot what she saw.. :-X

Ginny Weasly

again, that could be true. Either way, she got Harry off the hook.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Lady_Luna

And that's always a good thing. ;D

Audrey

Well in my opinion,some squibs can see dementors.Some live in the Maggle world as maggle so they lose some kinda sense to feel/see dementors.These squibs feel something odd when the dementors are around but can`t really tell what it is actually.It`s like there is some one who can see ghost..well what do you think?

~Harry Potter~

They would have too.  When dudly and harry was attacked, dudly who is a muggle could feel the cold and heard the voices.  That and all the lights go out and that is kinda hard to miss.
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection