News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Her name

Started by 0612, December 3, 2004, 09:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I read in local newspaper some time ago that in her HP books, JK called herself "JK Rowling" as opposed to "Joanne Rowling" because she was afraid boys wouldn't want to read her books!  ;D

Tweetie

Cool! 8) It's a known fact that most boys won't read books by women.  Girls will read any book by any gender of author.  I don't know why, but that's cool!  Thanks, 0612! :sweetheart:

Fawkes

Stupid boys... (No offense ;DI mean those that only read books written by men >:()

Em

yeah, you'd be surprised how many people think (thought) she's a guy!

Ginny Weasly

Reason: Guys are still hung up on that thing about them being surperiour to women. Don't try to deny it guys, all off you've thought somthing of the sort before at least once. And girls think they should be fair. We're more open minded.  I only know this cause I'm doing my Science Fair project on how gender affects learning. lol. lucky me. ::)
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

You know, I think that's kinda unfair. You shouldn't refer to all guys. If you're talking about boys (that is, kids), I would have agreed. All kids are like this, but I think when the boys become men, they'd be less like this, so I don't think you should have pointed to all the guys in general.

Em

I agree with ya both in a way...and some guys (older) are still like that, trust me, I know, but, whatever....

Fawkes

Quote from: emmawatsongirl on December  4, 2004, 10:40:41 PM
I agree with ya both in a way...and some guys (older) are still like that, trust me, I know, but, whatever....
Yup.. never met 'em but I'm sure some older guys are like that.. :-X

Em

It's really gay if you ask me.  I mean, who made them boss! Or think they are the boss.  Well, I guess it's just the way their minds work.  Well, most of them can think what they'd like, maybe they'll believe me after I kick their buts! Anyway, I don't mind the way they think cause then I can prove lots of 'em wrong! But as 0612 says, you can't sterotype them because though they might think that they are so much stronger and bla bla bla, not all of them get hung up over that.  Well, that's all I have to say, for now anyways!

Ginny Weasly

*shrugs* Sorry, but I'm positive that all guys have had a sexist thought at least once in their lives. It's the way the public eye see's women. Although no one says it outloud anymore, some men still don't like it that women are getting good jobs and actually walk around without thinking of what guys say. It's not the guys fault, and I'm not blaming them. They don't go around blaming women outloud. (well not all of them) In fact, most of the guys I know treat me better than most girls cause I could kick their asses with out even breaking a sweat. (smae with you to em!)
I must admit though, I know a few girls who are the same way as guys. They think girls shouldn't have confidece. They also think the man should do all the work.
It's sociaty (d**n, can't spell can I?). We can try all we want, but it's going to change slower than we'd like it to.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Em

( ::) ooo, I am so scared of you gin, and we could probably kick almost every girl's ass in our school, at the same time, they don't have a chance, well, not most of them!, someof the guys may have a better chance!)

And you didn't get my point, but too bad...

ronweazley122

.....*silent*...Yeah,sure...we're all the same.*SIGH*

Em

lol, I tried to stick up for ya, but ginny doen't care, and nobody see's my point....oh well

ronweazley122

I agreed w/ what you said.Aren't women constantly stereo typed by Men?As Sex objects...As maids...As Mothers...As weaklings?You'd think you all wouldn't stereotype anyone because of that...Oh well,I'm not The same as EVERY guy....I'm an Individual.