News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Training (for RP Help)

Started by ~Harry Potter~, February 28, 2005, 09:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

Axel reacted instantly. He caught the ball of fire. It was almost like catching a tennis ball, only it didn't make contact with his hand and like levitated in his arm (d**n can't find the word.). Axel felt that it somehow drained his own energy. But very slowly
Vae Victus!

~Harry Potter~

"Very good, I guess you are fire."

Harry twired his hand and the fire ball disappeared. 

"I guess we can start with you practising summoning your power from within."
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Axel

'What do you mean by 'summoning'. I just thought that this elemental powers are just special spells that you can use with your wand. Now it sounds like pyrokinesis...'
Axel felt excitement flooding him. It started to become more interesting...
Vae Victus!

~Harry Potter~

"Elemental powers are more than just spells with a wand.  Each person has a special conection with an element.  That conection lets us use the power as if it was our own.  When we grow in strenth, its not our power that increases, it is out ability to control more power from around us."

Harry twirled his hand in the air and a small tornado appeard.

"See, I didn't use my wand.  I just used my inner power to ask the air to do what I want.  But for fire, since it usally isn't around you, you need to learn how to pull it from within."

darkstar1024

*walks up to Harry, partially confused, partially nervous because he's had the power to control fire the majority of his life but unsure as to whether he has done so correctly or not*
ummm... well my father didn't really know exactly how to teach me to control my powers because he had never had any himself. So he got me a tutor when i was 7. He was summon fire with his wand and show me how to control it with my mind. But shortly after the first lesson he was murdered. The only thing i was ever sure of how to do was to turn it into different shapes and move it around slightly. I've never been able to summon it or have i been ever able to make it larger. When i was 11 and i came to hogwarts the first spell i ever learned on my own was the fire summoning charm. So that way i've been able to practice but not too well.Can you help me harry?

Alicia Annis

(Ha ha ha... we're all fire!! I've meant to do this for a while, but in two threads, I've already established that Alicia found that she was a fire, and has been taught how to light a candle safely... she wants to take it a little slow though)

Alicia walked in quietly and hesitantly.

"Um... ah... I'm a fire..." Alicia said quietly. She watched the ball of fire with interest.

(Hope you don't mind, it's hard to break rping habits.)

darkstar1024

(hahahahahah well yeah... i was going to be water but fire was much easier for me to come up with a story for... i was going to do a lake story but i that would've taken research and all that jazz... so oh well.)

*Bounces ball up and down like a basketball while waiting for instruction*
...whistle whistle whistle....
*finds out grass went on fire and quickly puts it out with his robe which then turned into a charred small piece of cloth...*
...whistle whistle whistle...

~Harry Potter~

"Okay everyone.  I can help all of you but let me fire proof the room first before the whole school goes up in flames.  First, to summon fire.  You have to feel inside yourself for your energy.  Normally, at first, you have to think of something to get you mad for you to be able to find it.  After that it is pretty easy to gain control since your own fire will listen to you more.  Now, everyone try it."

He closed his hand and the fire ball disappeared.

(I don't care much about you two being fire since isn't in your profile that you can control fire.  I just get mad when alot of people pick it right off the bat because they think its the most powerful.)

Alicia Annis

Alicia looked at him with wonder. She didn't really have anything to be mad about. She nodded though, remembering slightly how she reached her powers by searching through herself. It was a bit time consuming, but she didn't really get angry. She closed her eyes and concentrated.

After about a half-minute, she had the tiniest flame floating over her hand. She struggled to keep it going.

darkstar1024

Dominic saw alicia's fire and was pretty impressed. He had never been able to summon fire before, just control it. So he though to himself about the dark wizards and witches he was destined to stop. He thought of all the terror and unjust things they've done and made himself angry. He thought of leaving them in a prison of fire for eternity... A ball of fire about the size of a basketball appeared in front of him it grew slightly more as he became angrier but not much.

~Harry Potter~

Harry saw the fire grow in Dominic's hand.

"Dominic, control your fire.  The larger the fire, the easier it gets out of control.  Alicia, now let your fire feed on the air around it.  Try to slightly relax your control around it.  Let it breath a little."

darkstar1024

even though infatuated with the flame he created he decided he'd better listen to Harry as he felt he could no longer control the movement of the fire. He settled down and started thinking of happier things. After about ten or so seconds the flame began to die down. IT was now about the size of a tomato and he tried to keep it this way. The size fluctuated but it was relatively consistent.

~Harry Potter~

"Very good.  How are you at controling your fire Dominic?  If you are good at it, I can move you on."

darkstar1024

"I'm getting much better at it. I've been practicing. thanks very much."
" but now how do i go about moving the flame? i can create it now and make it larger or smaller, but that's about it. "

~Harry Potter~

"You don't really move the flame, you change the energy around the fire on one side and it will move that way.  You see, when someone makes and element, especially fire, an energy field goes around it to keep it in check as long as its connected to you, and as long as its in your control.  You can alter this field slightly to make it do what you want.