News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Perfection?

Started by Candace, March 29, 2005, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candace

Ok guys, heres my new fic. Hope ya like it, enjoy!

He stared across at the beautiful girl that he had always wanted. She flipped the page in her book and continued to read, he looked away for a second to wipe a tear from his eye. I know I'll never have her he thought to himself. She looked up at him and smiled, she put down her book and walked over to where he was seated.
"Hey Harry are you okay?" she asked.
"Yeah, Hermione, I'm fine." he responded. There was a moments silence, Harry broke it,
"Its almost time to do our rounds." They were head boy and girl.
"Yeah I promised Draco I'd meet him in the Entrance Hall, he says he has something important to tell me." Draco, thought Harry angrily. The real reason he couldn't have Hermione.
"Do you have to? I mean we never spend time together anymore."
"I know Harry, but I'll promise I wont be long."
They set off towards the Entrance Hall and stopped a few feet before he got there,
"I'll be waiting when your done okay?"
"Ok, I promise it won't take long." Harry stood there thinking about how much it annoyed him to see Draco and Hermione together, Draco was his friend now but Harry still thought that he didn't deserve Hermione. He started to think about the first day he realized he had a crush on Hermione. It was back in sixth year,
~flashback~
Harry and Ron sat playing a game of wizards chess when someone burst through the portrait hole. Hermione came running towards them, her face was red from running,
"Guess what?" she exclaimed.
"What?" Ron asked amused at her appearance.
"Draco asked me out!" Harry felt a surge of jealousy and Ron just stared at her blankly
"Draco? Draco Malfoy? Our sworn enemy from first year, that Draco?"
"Yes Ronald that Draco, he's changed and you know it."
"Yeah but not that much, Harry what do you have to say about this?"
"What?" he said being brought back from his thoughts,
"Oh well as long as your happy 'Mione." She squealed and hugged him, Ron just shook his head and returned to the game.
~end flashback~
Hermione came back from the Entrance Hall looking very puffy eyed. Harry noticed immediately,
"Are you ok?" he asked softly.
"No" she said, "We broke up, he said that we just aren't right for each other." Harry put his arm around her shoulder and said
"Don't worry about it, it's his loss. Why don't we go back to the common room and forget about our rounds tonight?" Hermione just sniffed and nodded.
When they got to the common room Harry and Hermione sat down on one of the couches, Harry still had his arm around her and she was still crying.
"Your going to be ok 'Mione, it's going to be Draco that has to live with his mistakes." She smiled and turned to face him
"You're a great friend Harry, what would I do without you?"
"I don't know, but I don't know what I'd do without you either 'Mione." he said the last part softly, but just loud enough for her to hear it. She turned and looked him directly in his eyes and then lost in the moment they both started to lean in, finally their lips met and they shared a soft passionate kiss. When Hermione finally realized what was happening she pulled away, blushed and ran up to her room.
"Great" Harry muttered as he put his face in his hands, "Now I've done it."
~Candy Rock~
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Candace

Heres more, enjoy.

Harry fell asleep on the couch that night. He dreamed about Hermione and when he woke up the next morning it took him a moment to figure out why he felt so bad.
"Oh yeah I just screw up my friendship with Hermione."
"So I heard as well." Said a voice from behind him. He turned around to see Ron
"What do you know?" he asked suspiciously.
"Well 'Mione came to me crying this morning and said that Draco had broken up with her and I asked her if she was sure that was all that was wrong with her and she said no so I made her tell me what else was wrong and she told me that she kissed you and she liked it and she isn't sure if you felt the same so she thinks that she ruined the friendship."
"Oh" said Harry simply.
"Well?"
"Well what?" Harry asked.
"What are you gonna do about it, I know you liked the kiss and I know you like Hermione." "How do you know that?"
"It's kinda obvious, mate." Ron told him with a smile on his face.
"Where is Hermione now?" Harry asked him.
"She already went down for breakfast, are you ready?"
"Nah., you go on without me, I'll meet you there."
Harry headed upstairs for a shower. As he let the warm water pour over his body, he thought about what he was going to do with Hermione. He wanted her to be his, but he wasn't sure he was ready to make a jump straight to that from friendship. He knew exactly what he had to say to her, he got out of the shower, go dressed and headed down to breakfast.
He walked through the doors of the Great Hall immediately spotted Hermione and walked over to her.
"'Mione?" he said when he reached her,
"Yes Harry?" she answered. "We need to talk." he looked around,
"Maybe in the Heads common room"
"Ok" she responded nervously. They walked in silence until they reached a portrait of an old wizard and his wife, they said the password and entered.
They sat in silence for what felt like forever,
"'Mione about last nigh........"
"Harry I'm sorry I over stepped my boundaries and I shouldn't have kissed you and if you didn't like it just.."
"Hey whoever said I didn't like it" Harry interrupted.
"Hermione I've like you for about two years now and I'm scared to ruin our friendship by going straight into a fully committed relationship"
"Harry" she told him a bit out of breath, "I like you too and the only reason I went out with Draco is because I thought I never had a chance with you, and it's okay if you wanna take things slow cause so do I"
"Wow Hermione, say it with me BREATHE. I didn't think anyone could talk that much without taking a breath. So since you like me I was wondering if you would consider being my girlfriend?" Harry waited to be let down gently, but it didn't come.
"Harry how could you even have to ask, of course I will." she smiled and he leaned over and kissed her gently on the lips which she gladly received.
~Candy Rock~

cho chang

all i can say is, WOW!!!! that's really powerful!
'music, a magic beyond all we do here!' - Albus Dumbledore
.:Cho Chang:.

Josh Weasley

this was a good story i liked it.
Weasley is our king
He can save a single thing
He can block a single ring
He'll never let the quaffle
Thats why all Gryffindor sing
Weasley is our king!!!!!!!!

Candace

Thanks for the replies, heres some more!!

Harry reluctantly pulled away and could still taste her strawberry lip gloss on his lips. He looked at her, her eyes were still closed. As they fluttered open she smiled and looked over at Harry.
"That was nice," she said.
"Yeah," Harry agreed softly,
"You don't know how long I've wanted this."
"I can relate Harry, I think I've wanted this all along," they spent the night talking about how it felt to finally be 'more than friends'. Hermione was resting in Harry's arms, her head leaning on his chest, when she fell asleep. Harry fell asleep soon after her.

Harry woke up the next morning with the sun shining on his face. It took him a moment to remember why Hermione was in his arms, he smiled as he did. He gently kissed her forehead
"Time to wake up, love."
"Mmm," She moaned.
"Do I have to?"
"Yeah, we have to get back to the common room, you can go back to sleep there, though."
"Well do I at least get a good morning kiss?" she asked playfully.
"Maybe," Harry said slyly.
Hermione growled and grab his face and pulled it towards her, Harry barely had time to respond. That innocent kiss slowly turn turned into a passionate make-out session.
Harry pulled away, "'Mione, I like you and all but I'm not quite ready to move that fast, I mean its only been a day."
"Don't worry about it Harry, I'm not even that sure that I'm ready to move fast either," Harry stood up and reached out his hand to help Hermione up.
"Well," he said, "now that your up, I thinks its time we break our news to Ron."

Hermione smiled and felt Harry's fingers entwine with hers. They left the Heads' common room and set off for the Gryffindor common room. When they reached the Fat Lady they said the password and entered and immediately spotted Ron sitting by the fire.

"Hey," Harry said from behind him. Ron jumped about two feet in the air.
"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" he asked, then realized who it was.
"Oh hey Harry, 'Mione," he looked down and saw that they were holding hands.
"Finally," he said.
"What do you mean, finally?" Hermione asked.
"I mean, the tension has been building up between the two of you lately I knew it had to happen sooner or later," Harry laughed, Hermione just rolled her eyes.
"Well," said Ron,
"Are you guys ready to go down to breakfast?"
"Well, I haven't bathed yet so could you guys just wait a few minutes?" said Hermione.
"Sure go ahead," said Harry, "I need to take a bath as well." Ron sat down on one of the couches and waited.

When Harry and Hermione were ready, the tree of them headed down to The Great Hall for breakfast. Harry and Hermione held hands the whole way. Before they reached the staircase Ron said

"We have to wait here for a minute guys."
"Why?" Harry asked, looking at him.
"Luna," Ron muttered under his breath.
"What's that, Ron?" Hermione asked.
"Luna." he said a bit louder. Harry laughed
"So you guys are dating then?"
"Yeah, I guess if you could call it that."

About five minutes later Luna arrived and they headed for the staircase. When they reached the top of the staircase, they saw a blond-haired boy standing at the bottom holding a single rose. He smiled when he saw Hermione, then he looked down and realized that she was holding hands with Harry.

"Oh no, Draco" Hermione whispered, just loud enough for Harry to hear. He looked down and saw him, then he groaned. [/color] [/b]
~Candy Rock~

Josh Weasley

your good at this keep going.
Weasley is our king

Candace

Heres a new update!!

"Hermione, why are you holding hands with him?" Draco asked.
"Because we're dating, Draco. You said we were through so what was I suppose to do? Just sit around and wait for you to say you wanted me back?"
"Hermione you don't get it, I think I love you."
"Yeah," she said, "Well you should have thought about that before."

They all walked away leaving Draco standing there by himself.
"My life is over," Draco said out loud, "I have to get her back."

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Luna reached the Great Hall. Harry and Hermione sat down at the Gryffindor table and Ron walked Luna over to the Ravenclaw table.
"Hermione? You don't have regrets about us now right?"
"Of course not Harry." Hermione told him, not entirely believing herself.
"Good," he said entwining her fingers with hers under the table.
"Because now that I've had a taste, I don't know if I'll ever be able to live with out you." Hermione laughed.
"Your amazing, you know that Harry?"
"Not as amazing as you," he told her.

Classes that day went by in a blur. Harry and Hermione sat next to each other in every class.

In the common room that evening Harry in one of the chairs with Hermione in his lap, waiting for Ron to come back.

Ron and Luna were in the Room of Requirement. Ron pressed his lips against hers and licked her bottom lip, seeking entrance. She open her mouth and he slipped tongue inside. He pulled apart slightly,
"I love you, Luna," she pulled apart completely.
"Do you mean it?" she asked.
"Of course I do! Why else would I say it?"
"I love you too, Ron."

Ron walked into the common room with a slightly dazed look on his face.

"Ron!" Hermione shouted waving a hand in his face.
"What? Oh, yeah?"
"I said, how was your date with Luna?"
"Amazing," he said.
"That's good. Well I'm going up to bed. Night Ron, night Harry,"
Harry leaned over and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek.

Harry woke in the middle of the night from nightmare. He and Draco had started fighting over Hermione, but she stopped them and said she had chosen who she wanted to be with, she picked Draco.
Harry went downstairs in the common room to think, and he found Hermione there.

"Hey," he said softly
"Hey," she said.
"You okay, why are you out here, its like two in the morning."
"Just thinking."
"About what?" Harry asked.
"You, me. Us," she looked up at him confused.
"Are you having doubts?" he asked, scared of what her answer might be.
"Of course not Harry," she told him, not entirely believe herself, "Its just I've never felt this way about anyone before, and then Draco comes and tells me he loves me and now I just feel awful for not even being kind to him."
"Hermione, me and you dating is not stopping you from being friends, and if you would rather be with him tell me now Hermione, because I'm falling for you and I'm falling hard. If we're together I don't want there to be any regrets."
"You're right Harry."
"About what?" he asked.
"We shouldn't have regrets, I wanna be with you more than anything, maybe I'll just talk to Draco. I don't think he really loves me, I think that its just infatuation, and I hope I'm right cause I don't want him to be miserable for the rest of his life."
"Hermione, of course he loves you, what's not to love?"
Hermione smiled at him and he took this opportunity to lean in and kiss her gently. He pulled
apart,

"No regrets?" he asked.
"No regrets." she confirmed. [/color] [/b]
~Candy Rock~

Josh Weasley

Weasley is our king

_Lavender_

A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is â€¢Lavender•

darkangel

I loved the story it was so good very good.

Candace

OK, new update!

Hermione sent Draco an owl to ask him to meet her in the library to talk. Naturally he agreed. The hours until eight, when she was suppose to meet him, seemed to drag on forever.

"Hey Hermione" he said as she walked into the library.

"Hey Draco, we need to talk."

"I know" he told her, "About what I said about loving you, I meant it. And I don't care what you feel, Hermione Granger, I'll love you forever."

"Draco but that's just it, I think I might feel the same way"

He smiled.

"Wait, are you playing some kinda sick joke on me, is Harry hiding behind one of these bookshelves."

"No, he's not and I'm serious."

She sat down next to him and placed her hand over his. He leaned in and captured her lips and his. His lips slowly moved from her lips to her neck.

Hermione walked into the Common room and saw Ginny sitting on one of the couches and sat down next to her.

"Hermione?" she asked, "Is that a hickey on your neck?"

Hermione pulled out a compact and held it up to her neck.

"Oh crap" she muttered under her breath then made up a lie. "Well me and Harry were making out a while ago and it kinda got a little out of hand."

Ginny looked at her and laughed.

Later Ginny was sitting playing a game of wizards chess with Ron.

"Did you see those hickeys on Hermione's neck that she got from Harry earlier, I didn't think they were that intimate"

"Wait a second, Harry's been with me all day"

Ginny just stared at him confused.

"Are you sure, I mean, who else would do that to her?"

"I don't know, but I sure wanna find out"

Hermione was still sitting down as soon as Ginny left, when she felt someone come and put their arms around her from behind.

"Hey" Harry whispered in her ear.

"Hey" she said, trying to shift so he wouldn't see her neck.

Too late,

"Mione, what is that on you neck?"

"Don't you remember last night, Harry?"

"Oh, yeah"

She smiled as he sat down beside her.

Hermione met Draco at the Astronomy tower that night.

"Hermione, you don't know how happy I am to have you back" he told her in-between kissing her neck.

"Mmmmm, same here Draco" she moaned.
~Candy Rock~