News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Devilish Morning

Started by _Lavender_, May 4, 2005, 11:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Lavender_

The constant voices of the castle rang through her tired mind as a bell clang ran through the bell's interior. Whispers and laughs and yells and screams and so many different tones...
At the disruption of her sleep, Lavender opened her tired, wearied eyes, yawning. She was—on her back next to a fireplace? She slowly propped herself up on her elbows, looking around. The Ravenclaw Common Room.

Well, it's better than a closet, or classroom, she thought bitterly.

She easily loved the Ravenclaw Common Room, but it was her growing problem of her falling asleep one place, and awakening in another that was beginning to annoy her to her limits.

I must be sleep-walking, or something.

She lay back down on her back, stretching her arms over her head and her legs straight, breathing in deeply the familiar scent of the carpet, and muskiness of the fireplace, burning in small embers. It was at that moment, she realized in the bluntest of ways, that she was cold...so cold... She shivered, and looked up to the couch, for the cotton blanket that usually lay over the arm. It was gone.
She growled, though softly, for her head pounded with a renewed throbbing. She remained that way, lying on the Ravenclaw floor, for come long moments after she had awakened, an unwillingness was in her light body to move. Finally, when she gained herself, she opened her eyes. There was no one in the room to see the pain deeply animated in her features as she sat up with a gasp. She was alone, at least. She was alone.

This is ridiculous! she thought shortly.
She couldn't move any faster to save her life! In the back of her mind, she knew she should lay back down, and relax herself. Lavender, however, in a passion of anger and stubbornness, dug her hand into the couch side, clasping the material firmly in her fist as she lifted herself from the ground in one fluid motion, to stand. She moaned in agony, swaying dangerously. It was not a simple thing, her mind, and body, completely hurt.
She looked around with a hazed view, scanning weakly to see if anyone was there in the room with her. She couldn't stand looking so frail and pained in front of anyone. Especially her Damion. She just knew she would be scolded a big one if they, those who knew her well, figured her out: put together her pieces. They'd tell her to return to sleep, where her body and mind were screaming in protests in agreement, for her to do just that. And because she wouldn't, being caught in a dead sickness by her own bullheaded stupidity wouldn't be favorable.
   Lavender's thin, weakened body swayed, her oversized black shirt and her red M'n'M shorts sticking to her with a icy cold sweat. Her mouth and throat dry, she coughed, though that simple force was like tapping a tooth-pick tower. She stumbled backwards for a bit, her arms swinging to regain her usual grace and stability.
In a tangle of arms and legs, Lavender tumbled backwards into the antique lamp table, which knocked over with her form with a loud CRASH. The glass lamp and shade was crushed beneath her, shattering all over the floor in minute and edgy pieces, books were strewn over the floor, tumbled this way and that, pages folded and torn, and the wood table splintered slightly in the fall.
   Lavender laid motionless, her green eyes staring up at the ceiling tiredly, annoyance and pain written over her, but her other emotions blocked; blank. Her left leg was propped atop the wood table, splinters and minute glass shards prickling, stinging her soft white skin. A book rested under her calf, which saved it from a worse fate, of the sharp shards beneath it. Her right leg was flat on the ground, smarting painfully of the 'shrapnel glass' pinched here and there. Her arms lay above her head, bruised, merely. Her back had a few deep little cuts here and there, but she lay atop edgy books, that prevented her reaching the glass.
The worst after effect of the fall was the pain in her head. Had she really smacked it that hard? There had been a nice crack....maybe, yes, it had been her head.
Lavender groaned aloud, though she didn't move. She knew her small little feet couldn't hold her weight. Her left pinkie toe was numb, anyway. Why did crap like this always have to happen to her? Why, why, why? WHY!
   She wanted again strong arms around her to shake off this settling feeling in the back of her head. She wanted those black eyes to fall into and slip from this confusing, painful state.
"Damion?" she whispered, straining to focus of objects. They all looked the same! No...he wasn't there. That was the remaining lamp table...right? Wasn't it? Wasn't it the table? Or was it just another blob of her imagination??
She whimpered and closed her green eyes, turning her head to the side to lay against her soft arm.
No...now was to sleep. Yes, that sounded quite angelic. Sleep... Sleep, and everything will be okay...
   Lavender slowed her heavy, strained breathing to a soft, peaceful, relaxed state. But the lessened oxygen made her suddenly light-headed. Yes...sleep...
The thought caressed her mind, and she sighed breathlessly, her bloody, limp form, still and ghostly. She was so tired...
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

_Lavender_

{Fine then, no one reply, lmao :-[ :P }

It was a weekend, and most all of the students of Hogwarts kept to wandering about outside; though, in the Common Room of those clever ravens, a being still lay. Lavender's eyes fluttered open every now and then, her being still unmoved from where she had fallen. Slowly, as she stared blankly up to the paper-colored ceiling, her fingers and toes come back to feeling; slowly, but surely, she began to lose the numb essence that had radiated through her every nerve. Though, with the numbness fading, she was becoming conscious of the serious throbbing, throughout her body.

"Dammit..." she growled, in a breathless, toneless word.

She wanted something to drink. Alcohol maybe?

No, that's what got you here in the first place, fool. Letting 'somebody' get you drinks. How stupid can you get? Who knows what they put in your drink!

Well, her mind was beginning to work correctly, too.
Lavender tried to shift her body, but found it too painful to do so. She groaned and turned her head to the side, slipping back into a quick unconsciousness, 'just like that'.

LavyBrown

Lavy walked into the room and saw Lavender on the floor. "Again?"
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

_Lavender_

Lavender mumbled something incoherent, not understanding what Lavy had meant. She tried to squirm, but she could not manage. Terrible enough as it was, the incident, now another had come witness to her stupidity. "Again?".. Yeah, that. Probably. Again, so what! It wasn't her fault - well... perhaps...

"Mumnsmm...." she mumbled, trying for a retort, but nothing but a whimper emerged.

LavyBrown

Lavy put Lavender in a chair and walked over to her. "Lavender?"

_Lavender_

Lavender gasped as Lavy moved her to the chair, and immediately after she released her, she slouched foreward, sliding out of the chair, and landing with a soft thump onto the floor. Shetucked her head and squeezed her eyes shut, whimpering breathlessly.

~No...please...~

It hurt her to move. It hurt her to breath. She didn't want to be touched!

LavyBrown

This time Lavy used her powers. She lifted Lavender onto a couch this time so she wouldn't have to move her body postion.