News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Frodo Fancy - gah!

Started by Gengi, July 12, 2002, 09:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gengi

Hm, well, here is a fan fiction of mine I'm probably never going to finish. It isn't about HP though...:-\ It's about 'The Lord of the Rings'...but I would like some opinions on it! ^^; Even if you are not framiliar(<-hee, Shui ;D) with the story!

PLEEEEASE Read and review! ^__^

A Frodo Fancy

Young Mentha Brandybuck sat gazing out onto the blue shimmering surface of the Brandywine River. Under a shady oak tree, she found a comfortable spot to laze. To describe her, she was a typical hobbit in most ways, she was short in stature with big hairy feet. Her hair was the basic curly, but a deep golden color, which was quite rare for hobbits. She was often complimented on her fairness, though she wasn't quite sure herself, and was said to shined like gold in sunlight, which led to her nick-name, Goldie. Goldie Brandybuck was, at the moment, in the mythist of a daydream. A daydream about a special hobbit she admired. Known to but a small few, Mentha had a love, a fancy you might call it, on a certain Frodo Baggins. From the first time she glanced his way when she was younger, she fancied him. She had so for a long time now. To shy and too embarrassed to make an approach or say anything, Mentha stayed content for the moment to having it be a secret fancy. Only her two closest friends, Marigold Gamgee and Pearl Took, knew of her long-held love.
   It happened to be the day before 'mad' Bilbo Baggins' 111th Birthday Party. A celebration she, as well as everyone else, had been expecting for a long while. A the moment, everyone was busy helping, except Mentha. She couldn't think of much she could do to contribute to party, everyone else seemed to have it under control. All that day carts and wagons had come in from neighboring towns with foods, ales, music, and great cooks with servers, all expenses paid for by Mr. Bilbo Baggins. The rumors of his great fortune and rooms full of gold were still gossiped, but not proven.  
   But Bilbo's fortune was not on Mentha's mind however, she was trying to scenario a way of approaching Frodo and confessing her true feelings to him. She sighed and laid back onto the grass and closed her eyes. It seemed she would never get the bravery to admit herself, and the big Party was a day away.
After a while, Mentha was aware she wasn't alone. There was a loud 'humph' and Mentha quickly opened her eyes and sat up. She found her older sister, Merimas, standing in front of her with her hands on her hips and a frown on her face. "Have all you done today is laze 'round and do nothin'?! We could use an extra pair of hands at the House, you know. And with the big Party being tomorrow and all. There's got to be somethin' for you to do! Now up! Up!" Her older sister jeered waving her hands in an upward motion. Mentha shuffled up, dusting off her skirt, mumbling. "I've already done my chores! And I can't think of anything I can do to help the big Party! And I would like some relaxation for once! What do you recommend I should do?" Mentha replied at her sister. Her sister was only about two years older than her, but acted like her mother. Her sister, Merimas, look a little like her, but was taller and with sandy-colored hair. Her blue eyes glared into her younger sister's. There was a silence, then Merimas turned and marched off. "Well, if that's all you've got to say for yourself, then go be a slug! But don't you expect to get a lot of food or drink at the Party, since you won't help! I, on the other hand, just helped setting up tents! Take an example from me and be useful for once! Humph!" Mentha scowled and suck her tongue out as her sister disappeared out of sight. "That Merimas! I'd like to show her a thing or two! Bossing me around like a little child!" Mentha complained loudly, walking over to the River and tossing small stones in.
   "Goldie! Hey, hey Mentha!" Came a call as two hobbits about her age ran towards her out of the surrounding woods. It was Pearl and Marigold. Mentha stopped and watched her two best friends as they both halted next to her. "We heard the whole thing from to forest!" Pearl exclaimed. "Yeah, your sister is too bossy, in my option. Almost as bad as my Gaffer!" Marigold added rubbing her elbow. "Ran into a tree on the way here."  "Well, there's not much I can do 'bout it...except fight back. If she could, I bet she would make me her life-long slave." Mentha grumbled, throwing another stone into the wide, quite Brandywine River. Marigold sat down on the ground and began to pluck grass as Pearl searched around for some good stones for Mentha to throw. "Well, I think that what you said is true, or from what I could hear, at lest." Pearl said, picking up a good flat rock and rubbing some dried mud off it. "There's not much we can do to help out the Party. And I don't think it needs anymore help anyway." "I agree." said Marigold. "I've already tried. Well," she held up a grass figure she had begun to make. "I did get to deliver some invitations my brother, Samwise, gave to me. But it was only four; I don't know how many hundreds are coming!" "We'll soon find out when we get there!" Pearl said sighing lightly.
*~ Sirius Black - My fugitive stud muffin! :3

Where the moon shines bright.

emily824

I LOVED IT!!!!! u haveta write more!! Are the two girls sisters to Merry,and  Pippin too? well, it was cool keep posting!! ;D
Harry Potter and the Signs of the Dark Lord

new chapters are in so read it if you follow the story! ;)

Gengi

Man, I haven't even read it yet! :-\ I'll probably hate it, cuz it's a bit of an older story of mine. ^~^ :) I'll read it right now! :D ;D

Gengi

Bah! There's quit a few things I need to change! :-\ heh...

Yeah, actually every hobbit is a real hobbit J. R. R. Tolkien created: I looked them up in the family trees! ^_^

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

Oh Gengi!!  I like this a lot!  You *must* continue!!  I know where you live!  MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!  Lol j/k.  Well, I know where you live, but I... oh nvm u get it right?  hehe
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

Gengi

Yeah. :D Well if you did come over here, I'd sick my 4 german Shepards on you! ;D ;D :D ;D WAH-HAHAHAHAA!!! ;D j/k! ^.^ ;)

I think about re-starting it... *shrugs*

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

Ha!  Those beasts are sweeties.
As long as it's the same concept, I'll be happy ^_^
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

Gengi

^^; Yeah...they're all in the chick-I mean-kitchen at the moment^^;; ....too hot for them out there. :s

^^ Okey!