News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Controversy once again…

Started by xXKittieLitheXx, March 3, 2002, 08:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXKittieLitheXx

Does everything have to be a conflict?? o.o; people are starting to become more and more aggressive about which is better, "LoDR, or HP"... o.o; not just the movies, but the books as well.. -.-' Is there really a reason to take offense just because someone likes one more than the other?? ((I like them both, but sheesh... x.x people get upset easily...))  ::) :P :-[
..x*X:KiTtIe*LiThE:X*x.. A.k.A~ Zephyr ((Zephy, Kittie))

Kaeli

I think that people just like to argue, I guess it can be entertaining...but you're right, when people start insulting the movie that is in competition with thier personal favorite, I guess that just shows that they don't have an open mind. Now, it would be different if they saw the movie and seriously did not like it or read a book and really did not like it. For example, I could get myself through 'To Kill a Mockingbird', I thought it was one of the most boring books I had ever read, yet, I respected it for the issues that Harper Lee brought up, and the stand that she took. Am I making any sense? People are free to disagree, just make sure you're educated about the subject before you argue, though.
My name is Kaeli.....so, ya, call me Kaeli...

xXKittieLitheXx

Yes... I think you are right... o.o; Oh well... ^^ yay! It is almost time to go! x.x *rolls around the Forum one last time* I love this place.. *squee* ^.^ Well, I happen to have liked both of them, so I see no point in arguing. I hope people will post some other views here too....
..x*X:KiTtIe*LiThE:X*x.. A.k.A~ Zephyr ((Zephy, Kittie))

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

:-[ oops!  he.. he *clears throat*
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

Dans_angel

Hum.......i would like to say that i liked HO mora that LODR, but i mean, i dont start a discussion with a friend cuz she likes better LODR, is stupid, with that you dont get to anything, that person will not change his mind, and you either, so whats the point??  :-/

Dans_angel

sorry for that letters.... :-[

hpcoolest5

Why did xXKittieLitheXx leave? Why was she happy about it? :( >:(
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Same reason Kaeli left probably.  They both go to the same school, and I think they were friends... *shrug*  But they (meaning everyone in general) always say "This place is sooo cool!" and then they leave.

hpcoolest5

Ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! In that message Admin said that we can make our own Wizards' Karma ratings. How do u do that? ???
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

He lied.  It's something just for mods.  But I guess he didn't know that until a little later..

hpcoolest5

What are mods? ??? ;) I don't know! U can say eres tonta 2 me! ;D
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Lol!  No I'm not gonna dice que tu eres tonto!  'Coz you're not.  A mod is short for Moderator, which moderates the site and the posts for broken rules and junk.

hpcoolest5

:) :D Oh, okay, so u r doing that? I don't understand any spanish other than what u tell me and Espaniol from Bedazzled! ;)
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

I'm only a Mod in FanFiction and Art.
Bedazzled is that movie about that... devil, right?  
"dice que tú eres tonto" means say that you are stupid.  Plus, it's español. :)

hpcoolest5

n~ How do u do that? ??? What r the rules plz? Tankoo. :D
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!