News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

In the Hog's Head.

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, May 24, 2005, 10:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblet_fulla_fire

Goblet(real name Keith) goes to the Hog's Head hoping not find anyone on the way there. He covers his face with his cloak to make sure nobody knows its him as he walks in the Hog's Head. He walks up to the barkeeper. "What?" he says rudely. Goblet made the mistake of staring at the barkeeper's red slit in his eye."You want a drink or do you want your eye to have something in common with mine?" he said threateningly. "Butterbear." said Goblet curtly. He sits down and drinks the butterbear silently while staring around. The only person in the Hog's Head besides him and the barkeeper is a person covered in about 10 cloaks looking intently at a dirty ring and muttering under his breath. "It could be worse," Goblet told himself. He would never show up at the Three Broomsticks after he was tricked into drinking the goblet at the triwizard tournament. Luckily, Dumbledore drew a line to keep him from having fire in his body. He became distracted after saw someone come in the Hog's Head.
I am a dog.

_Lavender_

Lavender entered the Hog's Head soundlessly, her form moving with the grace and mirthless chill of the shadows clinging to her thin, toned form. A black, hooded cloak covered her entire being, and shadowed her features in a black entity of darker shadows yet. Raven hair of the finest elements flowed about her shoulders, minute braids here and there woven in the strands, flowing down over her chest. Her mental shields too high to be reached, and her aura icily cold, her eyes swept about the near vacant room. Upon seeing a new face, she made way over, and seated herself upon the seat at his side.
At a glance at her dark form, the bartender turned and made his way into the back of the bar, returning moments later with a red glass bottle, which he set before her, turning immediately after, to attend the rest of his stock.

Lavender poured herself a large glass of the drink, taking up the glass and swirling its contents in a circular motion for a long while, before she slammed it down. What would be an easy, simple thing for most, her action caused the heavy glass to shatter over the countertop. And yet, she seemed to be slightly amused by this, retrieving her hands back to her lap.
She turned her head toward the male, and seemed to eye him, from beneath her black hood.
"So. Who are you, then?" She questioned, with a quiet, melodious voice of icy tones..
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

goblet_fulla_fire

Goblet hesitated at the girl's dazziling appearance and rhythm of her conversation."Real name's Keith, but people call me Goblet," said Goblet.  "I have never seen you before. What's your name?"
I am a dog.

_Lavender_

Inclining her head, she seemed to smile, though her features were hidden from view.
"Keith, then," she returned in her soft voice. "The real name is Lavender, and you may call me whatever you please. You might not have seen me before, for I, unlike others, do not seek much attention."
Lavender suddenly laughed, the sound warming and soothing to the ears, though short and so very quiet..

Ginny Weasly

Ginny slipped into the Hog's Head. She needed to get something off her mind, and the best way to do that was to talk with her friends. She saw Lavander and walked over, nodding at them.
"Hey guys."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

Goblet felt his head clear up like wildfire after this girl, Lavender, laughed so quietly. He wanted to tell a joke so she will laugh again but he knew that now wasn't the time. He just realized that a girl named Ginny walked in."Oh, hello Ginny," Goblet said. He took a swig of butterbear. He started to talk but something was caught in his throat and he started coughing. He spat a piece of glass in his hand and he then realized that the shattered glass came from the red bottle. He quickly hid the glass because he didn't want to give Lavender the slightest reason to leave. "So, um, Ginny," Goblet started, "what brings you here? Unless you saw me or Lavender walk in, I don't think you would be here to meet friends.
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny started to laugh. She thought everyone knew.
"I know where every one is. Always. I'm psychic. And I wanted to talk to people. For once." She smiled and pulled out a chair, sitting in it.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

"So then you can read minds?" Goblet was starting to feel a little nervous.
I am a dog.

_Lavender_

Lavender eyed the glass shard in Keith's hand as she watched him, her keen eyes missing nothing. She then turned her fine head toward Ginny, the hood shifting slightly, and yet another raven lock of hair tumbling out from the shadows beneath it.

"Hey, Gin," she said. "Yes, the old girl certainly can read minds. I can too, but she's a little more upfront about it."
Lavender seemed to wink.
"Talk away, then, and I shall drink away. I'm in the mood to listen and involve myself into conversations. Tell me Keith, why is it others call you Goblet?"

As Lavender spoke, the bartender replaced the old bottle with a sparkling new, and this she took up, and downed a large drink, sighing afterward, and setting it down with a gentle hand.

goblet_fulla_fire

"Just a nickname I got from a...incident when the Triwizard Tournament was around. Do you remember that Goblet of Fire? Well, one of my friends told me that it was a new drink that was supposed to be one of the best in the world and you are allowed to take one free sample swig. I went up to take a drink and Dumbledore's line knocked me about hundred feet back. I know that it was really stupid thing to do but I didn't eat the night before, hadn't eaten breakfast yet,and well,I can be really crazy and gullible if I am extremely hungry. I was most likely hallucinating from the hunger but the fire in the goblet looked like an ice cold butterbear." Goblet looked down to make sure that there was no glass in his mug and he drank down the rest of his butterbear. He then took out a galleon and started flipping it around in his dexterous fingers.
I am a dog.

_Lavender_

"The Triwizard Tournament... Yes, I think I can faintly remember that year." she replied. "Horrible thing, hunger. And things of those sorts happen, sadly."

Lavender raised her pale hands, lowering the hood of her cloak. She pulled her raven hair out from the folds of the hood, and let the locks drop behind her, and around her shoulders, falling to her lower back; tickling at her slim hips. She set the cloak across the back of her seat, and shifted to a more comfortable position. After taking another long swig of the drink, she then returned her elbows to the countertop, her blazing, green eyes of varying shades watching the coin in his hand, much as a cat of deadly, cunning ferocity would watch a twitching mouse tail.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny made a face. "Your the kid who did that? My god, even I don't get that strange." She shook her head. She remembered hearing about that kid that year.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

Goblet continued to flip the galleon to make it almost look like the coin was moving on its own. Every second the galleon moved faster and and Goblet refuses to concentrate on anything else. "Well, you would have to go crazy some time if you didn't eat for 14 hours. By the way Ginny," said Goblet, looking intentivly at his galleon, "can you read minds very well?"
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny frowned, her happy attitude changing.
"Yes I can, but I rather not. It's to simple to go through most of the minds in this school. I can also hear thoughts, see the futer past and present, I have telekinesis and anything else you might want to mention. I'm one of the three biggest psychics in this school. And I don't like being questioned about my powers." Even her voice had losts it's humor.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

"Sorry. Let's change the subject." said Goblet, now balancing the galleon off his fingertips and slowly rolling it through his fingers. "Do either of you know what that red slit in that barkeeper's eye is?"
I am a dog.