News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Million Dollars- Who is Wrothy

Started by Proffesser Jamie, May 30, 2005, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is most worthy of a million dollars?

A 50-year-old research scientist, who other scientists say is close to dicovering a cure for cancer, is penniless and cannot continue his work.
A 30-year-old wido whose 8-year-old child needs three more operations to correct a birth defect is in debt for $20,000 for the first operation.
A 42-year-old carpenter with a wife and six children cannot work for eight months becasue of injuries sustained to an auto accident.
A 35-year-old woman will have to close the orphanage becasue the accountant for the orphanage embezzled all the funds and disappeared.
A very talented 26-year-old painter must have the most expensive eye operation or he will go blind.

Proffesser Jamie

just wondering i personally think the first person is more worthy because cancer is a big issue millions die from it every year and if this scientist could find a cure he would be saving millions of people from an early death
*~e*v~i*l~ *i~s* ~g*o~o*d~*
~*e~v*i~l* ~i*s~ *m~e~

_Lavender_

I did not vote, I'm afraid. For many unnamed reasons.
I would split up the money evenly. :-*
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

I picked the 50-year-old scientist. I thought that him being able to work would mean lots of lives round the world saved. I wanted to pick the orphanage one too, but decided that a cure for cancer would save more lives. Especially due to the fact that I now have two relatives who have it.

Em

Yes, cancer is very popular these days.  I hope some scientist does soon find a better cure. . . I'm sorry to hear that 0612. . . And Lav, I know it is your opinion not to vote, but I don't think that is the point. . . I think it'd be more like there's a million dollars and only one person can get it, Who do you think is more worthy of the money? Kind of like reality TV shows, the money only goes to one person not split up into even amounts for all. . .

goblet_fulla_fire

I voted for the scientist. He could save millions of lives if he cures cancer. The person who had the orphanage should have known better than to hire an accountant  that was secretly planning to steal all of the person's money. The person should have hired an accountant that can be trusted. Also, the painter can be blind and still be a painter. There are ways to paint without seeing. For example, Ray Charles was blind and Beethoven (not beet-oven) was deaf and they can play the piano.
I am a dog.

Em

Also, if the painter is so talented, he/she can sell the paintings to raise enough money for the eye thingy. . .

_Lavender_

Em:

If I had to really, actually choose, I would not. I couldn't. It would make me feel too odd, for differing situations, would be like choosing between two loves.

A relative of mine is a Carpenter, with seven children. He's crippled, and as the 'man;' of the house, is struggling to make ends.
Too many people I know have grown up alone, and keeping orphanages open could have saved them from the stressed peoples they are today.
My best of friends is blind, and the most artistic, good natured of people.
Hell, my sister has cancer.

I could never choose if asked, for I see equally all view points. I would want to help them all, though I know I probably couldn't manage....  :-\

Sorry for the life story and bad mood.. Bear with me. 
...Lav.
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Em

I am sorry to hear all of that, and I am bearing with you, having a little trouble, but doing so. . . The main reason I chose the scientist is because I just lost somebody very close to me who had cancer, and it was the doctors fault, none of this had to happen, she could have been saved. . . I just really want a cure to cancer. . . so there's my reason. . . But not even close to my life story. . .   :-\

Tweetie

I didn't vote for similiar reasons as Lavender's.  I could never pick just one.  It wouldn't feel right.  They all sound like people deserving 1 million dollars.  I'm sorry to hear about your friends and sister, Lav.  I hope they all live.  I know that sounds really cheesy, but I'm not very good at comforting people.  :-\

numbingpayne

Alas,I chose the orphange because I lived in an orphange 'til I was 6 than I got adopted.I wanted to choose the scientist but my personal experience made me chose the orphange.